First Impression Last a Lifetime.

If Universe Permits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd Person's POV

It was early december, the sun was up and the sky's awake. The muffled rustling of the busy neighborhood can be heard in Adiel's room.

 

There were music, kids playing, and some nosy neighbors' laughter as they spend their afternoon tea time.

 

In contrary of the noise that surrounds, Adiel stayed quiet in the comfort of her bed, staring at the vast sea of nothingness. The busy world around her was loud, but the ringing of her mind was louder. 

 

A week.

 

It's only been a week since she met a girl her friend Rain introduced her to.

 

Flashback

 

December 5, 2021 (2:00pm)

 

Adiel's friend Rain, became her wing-woman since they've always made fun of Adiel being single. Rain introduced the girl to some of her friends in hope of finding new romance for her buddy.

 

Adiel was never the type to make the first move. She avoids making any form of contact with other people. She's afraid, so she distance herself. Away from strangers, away from the world.

 

This new girl just happened to add her on her socials, so Adiel said the first hello out of courtesy.

 

To say she's nervous is an understatement. It's been a while since she last talked to anyone else except for Rain. She's worried, she doesn't want to scare the other girl off and her mind doesn't help at all. She drowned herself on her sea of thoughts, oblivious of the innocent chaos the other girl will bring upon her.  

 

January Brynne Lopez

 

A funny, bubbly, talkative, and curious girl. She's always asking nonsensical questions like;

 

'anong favorite mong level ng electric fan?'

 

'anong favorite mong brand ng corned beef?'

 

'cancer ka diba? anong exact birthday mo? natanong kasi ni Chloe kay Rain, isa naming friend, kung ano daw zodiac sign mo need daw malaman for compatibility.'

 

Weird, but it's what made Adiel loosen up, because a weird person with another weird person, is perfect in the weirdest way possible.

 

The girl's light and soft presence made her feel calm and at ease. 

 

And although Adiel almost couldn't keep up, she appreciate the girl's efforts but she can't keep on letting January carry the conversation, so she tried matching her energy.

 

While in a state of oblivion, she took her frist step. 

 

A small step forward.

 

A step towards her.

 

That same afternoon, the two girls decided to meet up to get to kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter