Wound And Make Up

Head Over Heels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 4 : WOUND AND MAKE UP

 

"Do you love me?" She asked the girl in front of her who was reading a book.

 

The person raised her head up, looking at the person who had been sitting in front of her.

 

There's a silent for a moment before saying, "No."

 

The girl nodded slowly, "Then let's end this, I will talk to all of them to cancel this stupid matchmaking between us."

 

"Don't be stupid, you know the risks of doing that, Giselle. You could be punished for embarrassing them. We can find another way and wait for a right moment to tell them."

 

Lady Giselle smiled bitterly, "Until when, Karina? Until the wedding day comes? You know that we are different. I don't care, I'll do it my own way."

 

"You know the risk, they could cut off your head at the moment!" Princess Karina slammed her book when the Lady Giselle stand up.

 

"I'm sick of living like this, Karina. I don't care if they even cut off my head, so don't pretend like you'd care about me." Lady Giselle said, lifting her dress slightly and walking out of the room leaving the Princess alone.

.

.

.

.

"You really want to die, huh?!" Lady Krystal walked into her sister's room with her hands on her hips.

 

Some of the maids in Lady Giselle's room immediately cleaned up their things and left the room.

 

Lady Giselle just stared at her sister without saying anything, making Lady Krystal feel very annoyed.

 

"Say something."

 

"What should I say?"

 

"Don't play dumb with me. What did you go to the forest for? Last night you made everyone panic when you came with a body covered in wounds like that."

 

"If I told you, you would think I was crazy."

 

"Say."

 

Aeri thought for a moment, should she tell Lady Krystal the truth? She looked at Lady Krystal who was waiting for her to speak and it made her let out a heavy sigh.

 

"Well, would you believe me if I said I wasn't your sister?"

 

Lady Krystal looked at her sister flatly.

 

"I mean, I'm really not your sister. I'm a human, a highschooler, as far as I remember I was in a normal world. I don't mean that this world is not normal. Uh... even though until now this world still feels abnormal to me. But in my world, vampires are just fiction written by people with high imagination. Hey, even I told Minjeong, my best friend, that vampires don't exist. Then one day when I came home from school, unfortunately I got hit by a truck and guess what? I was suddenly in this world inside that forest. I don't know what happened to Lady Giselle and where your sister is now. And about yesterday, I got into that forest hoping that I could return to my world if I passed out there."

 

Aeri took a breath after saying that long sentence, it was the first time in her life to speak that long.

 

She looked at Lady Krystal, "You believe me...right?"

 

"You are crazy."

 

Aeri groaned softly, she already knew Lady Krystal wouldn't just believe her that easy.

 

"I will tell father to find the best healer to heal your wound and your mind at the same time. And remember, never dare to get into that forest again."

 

"But I do not--"

 

It was too late, Lady Krystal had left her room making Aeri sighed softly.

 

Her mind was back to yesterday.. She didn't know what happened as soon as her consciousness disappeared, but when she woke up as day was getting dark, she was no longer wearing a single piece of clothes, the clothes she was wearing had been torn and the enemies that had surrounded her yesterday were lying lifeless in their wolf form. They were in a terrible condition.

 

Aeri in shocked, what beast could rip open their stomach and neck like that? She couldn't have done it without realizing it, could she?

 

Aeri can't be that sadistic to kill her enemies, she don't know about Lady Giselle.

 

Luckily she had spare clothes with her. She had predicted that something risky would happen the moment she decided to get into the forest. So, she quickly put on the clothes and walked out of the forest.

 

Aeri wanted to go straight to her mansion, her body ached especially on her back. At least a shower could refresh her body and mind and after that maybe she could ask Lady Giselle's maids to clean her wound so it wouldn't get infected.

 

Can a werewolf wound get infected, huh?

 

Yes, that was the plan but her body didn't seem to want to follow her mind, she turned towards the castle instead.

 

So suddenly she wanted to see Princess Karina. Aeri managed to pass through the castle gate, although at first the gate guards were confused to see her coming with a dirty body and disheveled and unusual clothes.

 

At first she wanted to enter the castle, but when she looked up she saw Princess Karina who was on the balcony of the castle. Her steps stopped.

 

Their positions were indeed far away, but she could still see the princess's face. There was no smile on her lips, but she still looked beautiful.

 

But why did the look on her face look so gloomy? What was bothering the girl? Was she thinking about Lady Giselle or someone else?

 

She stared at the princess from a distance, the latter unexpectedly looked at her. They stared at each other long enough for Aeri to sigh.

 

Suddenly her body felt weak, it seemed she would not meet the princess tonight, see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter