four.

all an act.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It has been a week since the reunion with Riku.

Thankfully for Mayuka, she hasn't had to film a scene with Riku since then.

She got to film the scene where Kazumi meets Jeongin's character, Sunghyun, which was nice. It was so much less tense than the scene she had to shoot with Riku. And honestly, Mayuka is taking a liking to Jeongin already. He is such a nice guy.

Though, not really her type.

Now, today is the dreaded day where she has to film another scene with Riku. She can't help but feel extremely nervous as she steps back into the office set. 

After changing, she sits down in her chair next to Riku's in complete silence.

As the stylists are getting both women ready for the scene, Riku speaks up.

"Like I said before, please do not make this awkward," Riku tells Mayuka, seeming a bit tense as she sits in her chair. "I just want to do my job then leave."

"I thought you said that is not a good attitude when it comes to your job," Mayuka quickly turns it back on Riku, rolling her eyes.

"It's different when I have to do this with you," Riku speaks bluntly, standing up out of her chair after the makeup artists puts the last bit of makeup on her eye. "Honestly don't know how I'm supposed to get that close to you without wanting to vomit."

"I'm glad the feeling is mutual," Mayuka remarks, seemingly unbothered.

Today, the two of them will have to film a scene that bothers them just to think about. Mayuka's character Kazumi will spill coffee on herself on accident. Riku's character Minako notices and quickly steps in to help. Minako will take Kazumi by the hand and take her to the ladies' room to clean herself off.

After Minako wipes down Kazumi's top with a wet paper towel, trying to get as much of the stain off as possible, Kazumi leans down to try to clean off the coffee from her heels. Minako looks down, watching her. Then, Kazumi will suddenly straighten back up and their lips will accidentally get dangerously close, only about a few centimeters away from kissing. The two of them will be a bit flustered by it for a few seconds before completely disregarding it.

Mayuka is not sure if she will even be able to go through with it.

Now that they are both ready, it is time to start filming.

Mayuka takes a deep breath, in through her nose and out through , and then the shoot begins.

Mayuka, as Kazumi, is holding a cup of "hot" coffee. Though it is supposed to be hot in the drama, it is not actually hot as to not hurt Mayuka. As she is heading over to her cubicle, she turns around a corner too fast and too sharp. The lukewarm coffee spills all over her top. 

Mayuka acts this part perfectly on the first try, reacting as if the coffee was hot perfectly. 

Riku, as Minako, quickly comes to her aid. 

"Hey, it's okay," Minako says to Kazumi, quickly picking up on the fact that she is upset. "Come with me. We'll get you cleaned off."

Mayuka's mind starts to go somewhere else as Riku suddenly takes her hand.

It was like feeling Riku's touch sent shock waves through her body. She doesn't quite understand this feeling, but it is most definitely repulsion. 

As Riku leads her by the hand to the ladies' room, she is reminded of the last time she felt Riku's touch.

Mayuka was unable to sleep the night before the audition for the drama in which Riku stole the lead role from her. This is the first time she ever wanted to get a role that bad. She couldn't fall asleep because her mind kept her distracted. Her mind kept coming up with possibilities for how the audition will go and how she could screw it up. She also kept worrying that she has not practiced enough, despite practicing whenever she could over the past week.

So, she decided to check up on Riku and see if she was still awake. She wasn't exactly sure why she wanted to, but she did. Riku's presence used to always make her feel happier.

To her luck, as she slowly opened the door to Riku's bedroom, she spotted Riku laying in bed but clearly still awake.

As soon a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter