fin

baby it's 3 am
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A grumble and the sound of bed sheets rustling around pierced the dead of night. 

 

The noise stopped, silence settling in the room once again, before the movement persisted not a minute later. 

 

A dark brown-haired woman and a smaller black-haired woman could be seen sleeping entangled together in the queen-sized bed, two pairs of glasses neatly propped up on the nearby nightstand underneath a lamp. The curtains were pulled completely across the window, only a sliver of the night peeking in. 

 

A sigh and a messy head of onyx popped up from the covers, careful not to disturb the woman next to her. Dahyun groggily lifted her head to squint at the electronic clock sitting adjacent to her glasses. 

 

Her vision was heavily blurred, but if her aggressive squinting wasn’t failing her, it read twelve a.m., which meant she had been struggling to fall asleep for over an hour and half since she had slid under the covers. Dahyun resisted the urge to smother her face into her pillow. 

 

Her night cravings were raging all of a sudden and it wasn’t helping that she kept picturing some of her favorite foods every time she closed her eyes. It was like they were taunting her, while her stomach was left growling in envy. 

 

Moving in with her girlfriend, Sana, Dahyun had been restricted on her bad habit of midnight snacking, but every once in a while she couldn’t help herself and let out the gluttonous part of her out of its cage. Those were unarguably the best nights above all. 

 

And now here Dahyun was, devising a plan to get up and making it all the way to the kitchen without Sana waking up. She had already memorized all the creaks and groans certain floorboards made way back when they had first moved in, turning it into an exciting dance of hops and smooth-stepping. 

 

All Dahyun had to figure out now was how in the world she was going to get out of Sana’s tight hold around her body. Any other day and Dahyun would be a blushing mess, but at the moment, the older girl’s arms were trapping her down and Dahyun was just this close to turning rabid from hunger. 

 

She slowly started to wiggle out of the firm grasp around her waist, leaning to the opposite side with her eyes locked on Sana. She was seriously considering if she should just slip out of her shirt and make a run for it when Sana mumbled in her sleep, immediately making Dahyun still, panicked. Sana’s speech was too incoherent for Dahyun to properly make out. 

 

Is she awake?

 

Dahyun held her breath and paused all her movements, the sound of her heart pounding in her ears. She didn’t dare to do anything more until Sana grumbled again, almost whining lowly as she snuggled closer to Dahyun, this time her words clear. 

 

“Mine.”

 

What the heck.

 

Dahyun felt a warmth spread through her and she let out a quiet huff that was halfway between a laugh and a noise of embarrassment. 

 

Well, she supposed she could deal with her hunger later and go back to sleep. Dahyun could imagine Sana praising her for being able to hold back her urge, and she smiled at the thought as she rested her head against her pillow. 

 

* * *

 

Or maybe not, on second thought. 

 

It was now twelve past three in the morning and there Dahyun lay, eyes wide open staring at the ceiling. Her stomach was twisting almost painfully, and Dahyun bit her lip. 

 

It felt like a torturous eternity to try and stay in bed, and it seemed sleep wasn’t coming to her until her stomach was finally satisfied. Dahyun flicked her eyes over to Sana who was still sleeping peacefully without a care in the world all the while she was practically dying next to her. 

 

Praise be damned, Dahyun was getting out of the room. 

 

Luckily, Sana’s hands had withdrawn back to her own side so Dahyun could easily slip out of bed and stealthily walk to the kitchen, being extra cautious of any sounds that could get her caught. A couple steps left and then Dahyun was free, she internally cheered as passed the door. 

 

She hurriedly reached the kitchen and opened the fridge, momentarily going blind at the bright light, not bothering to check the pantry since there weren’t any snacks in there that Dahyun was particularly craving for. Instead, she wanted to make something and it was as if a lightbulb went off in her head. 

 

Between the two of them, Sana was usually the one who did all of the cooking, lest they wanted Dahyun to burn everything down to a crisp, something they had found out when Dahyun had attempted at mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter