Kiss & Show

An Inconvenient Game
Please log in to read the full chapter

𝐀𝐫𝐢

 

1 month later

“What do you mean you can’t hang out?” Yerin whined and followed me around as I continued my search for a sweater.

“I’m meeting Yeonjun soon-” I rummaged through my piles of unfolded clothes. “But we can do something another day.”

“You guys have been dating for a month already.” She plopped on my bed and sighed.

I took a deep breath in and went to sit down next to her. “Yerin… We can see each other tomorrow if you want? It’s just that Yeonjun’s been really busy so it’s been hard to meet with him at all.” I counted in my head the amount of times we actually got together. “I think we went out only… 5 times if you count the first date.” I raised my brows at her.

Yeri glared with a pout, “Said like that… Sounds a bit sad.”

“Yeah. A bit.” I laughed and fell on my bed next to her. 

Silence.

I took a moment to think before talking again. “I know you’re not used to me dating or just hanging out as much with someone other than you- but I’d really appreciate if you would accept that I have to share my time with the people I lo-”

We both looked at each other with eyes bulging out of our brains.

Yerin spoke first, “Girl. Too soon. You can’t give your -”

“Oh my GOD! Please!”

“I meant your HEART you dirty !” She laughed which I quickly followed suit.

She smacked my , “Go find your comfy shirt and see your loverboy.”

Feigning like I was hurt, I sat up and smiled/pouted at her in thanks.

Yerin smacked my bed, “I just have to stop letting my insecure think that you’re gonna abandon me.”

“Girl. You’re the one leaving me in a few months?? Hello?”

Yerin grimaced. “True” She then held her arms. She looked so small like that, so I leaned in to give her a tight hug.

“You’re my bestie and that won’t change.”

“No matter the distance.”

I repeated after her. “No matter the distance.”

She finally smiled and pinched my cheeks, “Ari is all grown now! With a boyfriend and all-”

I cut her off. “We- didn’t put any title on our relationship yet.”

“Yeah, yeah… whatevs.” She waved. “It’s gonna happen sooner than you think.”

“As if.”

“The boy is more taken by you than you think.”

I raised my hand. “Yerin. Don’t give me ideas so soon. We’re only one month in… Let me process this however I can.”

WIth a shrug, she smiled like she knew more than she was gonna share. “Okay! Enjoy your evening girl. Call or text me when you’re home, alright?” She put on her jacket and shoes.”Bye! Love you!”

“Love you!” I yelled back as the door closed and smiled.

 

 

𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐎𝐕

“So… You’re telling me that all of this is free.”

Yeonjun made the cutest smile. “Yup.”

“Why does it always feel like you’re just being nice and want to pay for everything.” Ari jokingly glared as if she could look menacing to him

Letting a laugh, he threw his head back and held his stomach. “Okay, the last few times I did pay- for which I am sorry for lying.” He must have seen Ari’s shocked expression and put his hands on the side of her arms in reassurance. “But, this time it’s true. This exhibition is paid for by our government.”

“Really.” Ari frowned. “Since when does the government pay for exhibitions by Yayoi Kusama for us to watch when they know millions would pay for this.”

“Covid made a lot of people seclude themselves and not go out as much… So this is a way for them to help the community go visit their local galleries and explore our own towns again.”

With a surprised huff, Ari nodded. “Okay. I’m convinced.” She marched and stopped when she noticed Yeonjun wasn’t following. “You coming?” 

Watching her smile widely at him, he found himself smiling back and jogged to her. Without thinking, he held her hand and intertwined their fingers. “Let’s go.”

 

 

𝐀𝐫𝐢

My face could have cooked an egg right now. The way he grabbed my hand so naturally made my heart jitter and my fingers curl. He had no idea of the effect he had on me…

The warmth of his hand in mine felt so comforting. I then felt his fingers tighten their grip, which made me look up.

“You okay?” Yeonjun looked concerned.

“Yeah. I’m just… content is all.”

His brows eased and he let out a sigh. “Good. Come on.” He pulled me towards the entrance and we opened the door to reveal multiple colorful dots all over the walls, furniture, doors… It was never ending. Wherever we looked, there were dots covering the surface.

“Wow…” we said at the same time as we made our way through the exhibition. 

Every room w

Please log in to read the full chapter