WINRINA - Happy Birthday Winter!

The Kim Sisters and Their Girlfriends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December

 

It’s the holiday season and the streets of Seoul is pretty busy since everyone is out and about preparing for the upcoming Christmas. Schools starts its holiday break hence why Karina and Winter are out shopping for Christmas presents. They have been walking around since early morning and decides to stop by a restaurant to have lunch and also to take a break.

 

Karina notices earlier that Winter is getting hungry because all her girlfriend’s recommendation for gifts are gift baskets with snacks in it. When the older girl finally says they should pause and get something to eat, Winter’s eyes twinkle like the stars brighter than the ones you see in Han River at night. The younger knows and sees the excitement in Karina regarding buying gifts for their families and friends that is why she doesn’t ask about taking a break as she doesn’t want to interrupt her girlfriend’s momentum.

 

While waiting for their meal, Karina pulls out her phone and opens her Notes App to look at their Christmas shopping checklist.

 

“How are we doing, Jagi? Did we get at least half of the list done?” Winter asks.

 

“Hmmm.. I think so. We still have a few more people plus our gifts to each other. We don’t have to get everything done right now, we still have time Babe.”

 

“Okay but if we can get them all today, let’s just do it since we’re already out, that way we can finish. It will only get busier since Christmas is approaching.”

 

Karina sips her drink and nods. “Oh, I know what else is approaching.”

 

Winter raises her eyebrow in question, signaling her girlfriend to continue.

 

“Your birthday! It’s actually perfect, I can buy your Christmas and Birthday presents at the same time, possibly later on this week by myself. Don’t want to ruin the surprise.”

 

Winter smiles, happy that the girl in front of her remembers her birthday as people in her life normally would say New Year’s first.

 

“What are we doing by the way? Or do you have plans with your family already since it’s still a holiday?” Karina asks.

 

“Oh, uhm..” Winter pauses. She doesn’t really have an answer since she has never been asked this question before. “I don’t really know.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well since my birthday falls on the same day as New Year’s, I’ve never really had a birthday party. All of my friends are usually back home with their family so I just spend it with mine, double celebration if you may, and I just celebrate with friends on a different day.”

 

“Oh.” Karina finds herself feeling sad hearing that and the thought of Winter never experiencing birthday parties, especially when she was a kid.

 

“I don’t have anything plan for us since I’m assuming you will be with your family as well. It’s okay though, we can plan something afterwards when I get back.” Winter holds her girlfriend’s hand, assuring her and the latter smiles in return but really, a plan is already brewing in her head.

 

This will be Winter’s first birthday with them as a couple and she will make it a mission for it to be an unforgettable one.

 

After Winter drops her off at her house, Karina goes straight to her room and starts planning the surprise party. She knows it will be hard to gather all of their friends because of the upcoming holidays but the least she can do is try. She can’t do this all by herself so she decides to involve the ones who are the closest to them in her plan; Winter sister’s Taeyeon and her girlfriend Tiffany. She grabs a notebook and a pen and starts writing names on her list including the plan for what she calls “Operation Winter’s Surprise Birthday Bash!”

 

“Now time to make some phone calls.” She says to herself.

 

Karina suddenly feels nervous as her first phone call is to Winter’s sister, Taeyeon. The two of them have gotten closer and comfortable with each other but this is the first time she will be speaking to Taeyeon without her girlfriend there. She could try calling her Tiffany-unnie instead since she talks to her often but she knows it’s right to call Taeyeon first.

 

“Okay Yu Jimin, you can do this. It’s Taeyeon-unnie, she knows you. You got this.”

 

After giving herself a pep talk, she picks up her phone and scrolls down to Taeyeon’s name and taps the call sign. The older Kim answers on the second ring.

 

“Hello Karina?”

 

“Yes, it’s me, oh, hello yes this is Karina.” She places her palm on her face on how ridiculous she sounds.

 

“This is Taeyeon, did you mean to call Winter?”

 

“Oh no, I really mean to call you Taeyeon-unnie. Sorry, I know this seems out of nowhere but do you have a moment to talk? Or I can call another time?”

 

“Not at all and no worries, I just got home with Fany. What’s up?”

 

“Oh perfect! I actually wanted to speak to you both.”

 

“Okay, hold on let me put you on speaker so Fany can hear too. One second.” Taeyeon taps the speaker mode and calls for her girlfriend. “Babe come here, Karina is on the phone, she wants to talk to us.”

 

Karina can hear the footsteps from the other line and waits for them to speak.

 

“She’s here now.”

 

“Hi Karina!”

 

“Hi Unnie! So I actually called about Winter. Her birthday is coming up and I have this idea of planning her a surprise birthday party since she told me she’s never had one and I was hoping you both can help me?”

 

“Awww, that’s so sweet! Of course Taengoo and I will help!”

 

“Yes, that’s very nice of you Karina. What can we do?”

 

“Well first I want to make sure it’s possible to celebrate on the actual day being it’s also New Year’s day.”

 

“I think that can be arranged. It may have to be a dinner celebration though. Fany and I can make an excuse to be back in Seoul and we’ll take Winter with us.”

 

“Yes, that way we can still celebrate New Year morning with the fam and I’m sure you do too and then Winter’s birthday later on.”

 

“That’s what I was thinking too. Thank you Unnies! I appreciate you both for being on board. I’ll let you now the details once I have everything planned out. I have to call a few of our friends too, hopefully they can make it. I’ll let you both go now.”

 

“No problem! Just call us again if you need help with anything. This one likes organizing parties.”

 

“Yes, please do! I have a few connections if you’re still deciding where to have it.”

 

“Definitely! Thanks again! Bye!”

 

After the phone call, Karina creates a group chat within their circle of friends, double checking to make sure she doesn’t accidentally add Winter and types the invitation message.

 

Karina named the conversation “Sshh-urprise Birthday Party for *dog emoji*

 

Karina: Hey Guys! I’m planning a surprise party for my beloved girlfriend. It’s on January 1st, I’m thinking around 6pm. Hope you guys can come! Please let me know.

 

Giselle: Heck yeah girl I’ll be there! My family and I are staying in Korea for the holidays and I can definitely escape by then.

 

G: That’s so sweet btw, our Winter is a lucky girl. :)

 

Ning2: I’m in! We don’t celebrate NY until February next year.

 

Somi: *crying emoji* We’re going out of town and leaving tomorrow. I won’t be back until school starts again. I’m so sad to miss this. :(

 

Ryujin: Of course I’ll be there! *party hat emoji*

 

Yeji: ^^^ Samesies!

 

Lia: Waaahhhh I can’t go either. I’ll be at my Grandparents with the fam.

 

Chaewon: Put me down as pending. I’m about to beg my Eomma so I can go.

 

Yunjin: Chaewon is going. I’m kidnapping her while her Eomma is sleeping hihi.

 

Ning2: Can I bring Haechan?

 

K: Of course!

 

Ning2: Awesome! He’s asking if Jeno can go lol.

 

K: Ning.. don’t start.

 

Ning2: jk jk *sticking tongue out emoji*

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter