Mansion 901

Cataclasm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mansion 901, they say it's a haunted mansion. In 2000, there was a family living there, a few months later, the husband went crazy and killed his wife and two daughters, people then saw people walking back and forth on the corridor of the house. Since then, no one has dared to approach it anymore. The mansion was abandoned, until 2004 there was a young man who moved there to facilitate his studies. That young man heard the stories of the people then laughed and said that people were too superstitious. Unexpectedly, just two months later, the postman discovered he hanged himself in his room, on the wall there were written words in red blood "Touching other people's things, there will be retribution". New stories overlap old stories, the house becomes more and more scary, when people in the area mention it, they only dare to whisper for fear that someone will hear. The number 901 is a taboo number, no one dares to mention it, they call it "Cursed number 901".

The pink Vespa crossed the road, passed a few people's apartments, then to the old flat dirt road proving that no one had set foot in a long time. People in their homes and along the road looked at the motorbike's shadow, their faces were shocked and scared, many people thought quietly to themselves and shook their heads.

The Vespa came to a stop and was parked in front of the white fence gate surrounded by vines. The grass in the front yard grew to the height of a normal human's hips, the atmosphere around the mansion was dark and eerie, making the girl on the motorbike having goosebump all over. She can’t help but shivering and rubbing her arms.

Jang Wonyoung took the yellow envelope in her bag, squinted at the address on the envelope, then looked again at the address board that was almost chipped out of the brick wall, the number was a perfect match.

Wonyoung graduated from a top university in LA and she found a job in small company department after that. Unfortunately, she was ually harassed by her elderly boss, then also jealously beaten by his wife, unable to bear all that anymore, she decided to quit her job. She was unemployed for a long time until she happened to see an assistant search section on the internet, the address was in a remote Cheongju countryside. It’s hard to find a job nowadays so she took that chance in an instant, but as soon as she arrived, she wanted to quit already. However, because she’s already here, she can't leave empty-handed.

Wonyoung opened the car door and got out, she brushed some wrinkles from her pastel pink dress, puffed out her chest and went to knock on the door of the big mansion. As soon as the third knock ended, the door of the house automatically opened and cold air rushed out from inside, making Wonyoung instantly cringe.

“Hello, is there anyone here?”

She poked her head inside, leaning slightly, cautiously observing the house in the dark.

“I'm Jang Wonyoung, I called before about applying for the assistant position.”

The lights in the house suddenly turn on. Contrary to the scary scene outside, the interior is very luxurious and clean, unlike a mansion that has been abandoned for a long time. On the red arc sofa in the middle of the room is a blonde girl sitting cross-legged, the girl's body looming in a thin shirt and jeans, her face is quite tired, maybe she just woke up.

“Hello. I’m Kim Jiwon, please have a sit.”

Despite the drowsiness, the girl invited Wonyoung to sit in a single chair opposite from her, between them is a rectangular glass table. From inside the house, a short-haired Japanese girl came out with a tray containing a few glasses and a jug of orange juice. She gently placed it on the table then turned her back to go back inside, the movement was very quick.

“You can call me Liz and that’s Rei, she's always like that in the morning, I hope you don’t mind.”

Liz yawned, lazily picked up a glass of orange juice to drink. Wonyoung hands sweat a little as Liz took her resume, flipped through a few pages then smiled a little and put the file down on the table.

“In here, your full name is Vicky Jang Wonyoung but you only introduced yourself as Jang Wonyoung. You seem to like your Korean name a lot, don't you?”

It’s not like that she hates her English name, but she just can't use the name Vicky when applying for a job, it's a long story to explain.

“You were study in America, which state was that?”

“California.”

“Ah.”

Liz nodded, her fingers darting back and forth between Wonyoung's files. After a while, Liz suddenly spoke up.

“What do you think unnie?”

“…”

“But this is your assistant unnie, not mine.”

“…”

“OK.”

Liz kept talking to herself, making Wonyoung very confused, but she ignored it for the time being. In the JD, it was mentioned that the person who want to recruit the assistant was a person whose last name is Ahn, that person was blessed with an IQ of three digits and Wonyoung kind of expects her to be a full-time nerd, that why she won’t be surprised much.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter