Kibum's Big Break

Zombieland SJ

After Heechul and Kibum's appearance on that drama a year ago, everyone has tried to get them to be on their dramas too. It hasn't been easy though, as Ryuah chooses the dramas that Super Junior are okay to be in. One day, Heechul, Han Geng, Siwon and Kibum got an invite to be in a weekly sitcom and a movie. 

"Is this for real?" (Kibum)

"Yes, Kibum. It's for real. You and Heechul are going to be in MBC's new weekly sitcom 'Fly to Life' and all of you are going to be in a movie called 'Summer Boys'." (Ryuah)

"I can't wait!" (Kibum)

"I know. This could be our big acting break." (Han Geng)

Heechul and Kibum got ready for their parts in Fly to Life. They met their co-stars and were excited to film with them.

 

The premise to Fly to Life is :

4 college students and roommates (Heechul, Kibum, Euichul and Minki) are looking for the meaning of their lives. Along the way, they meet up with sisters Eunkyung, Jaekyung and Eunbi and they all work together to get through school and find their dreams.

In the first episode, Heechul lost his family in a fire. He goes to his only friend Kibum and he stays with him and his roommates.

"Come on, Heechul. It's not that bad." (Euichul)

"How is it not bad? I lost everything. My house, my family, everything." (Heechul)

"Euichul. It's best not to get on his bad side." (Kibum)

"You knew him, right Kibum? Can you tell us more about him?" (Minki)

"It's best that I not." (Kibum)

Heechul meets the Kim sisters and form a friendship with them.

"So, you lost your home?" (Eunbi)

Heechul nodded.

"And you're staying with Kibum oppa and his friends?" (Jaekyung)

He nodded again.

The two younger sisters bombarded him with questions but Eunkyung told them not to. The episode ends with Heechul almost getting hit by a car.

 

In Summer Boys :

3 Korean university students are having their summer vacation. But one night, during a walk on the beach, Yiseon (Heechul's character) found a man lying unconscious on the beach (Han Geng) and rescued him. Him, Onwan (Siwon's character) and Wonha (Kibum's character) nursed him and he woke up the next day. They later find out why the man was lying on the beach.

"You were on a boat?" (Wonha)

The man nodded.

"And you know where you're from?" (Onwan)

He shook his head.

"Guys. He may have amnesia. We shouldn't ask him such questions. So, what's your name?" (Yiseon)

The man stayed silent.

"Should we give you a name? How about Haean?" (Yiseon)

"Because you found him on the beach?" (Wonha)

"Yeah, I mean, it's a perfect name for him. You like it, right Haean?" (Yiseon)

"Hae... An..." 

Haean smiled and he developed a friendship with the 3 university students. But as he regained his memories, he remembered why he was on the boat and where he came from. 3/4 of the movie, he found out his true identity; his real name is Cai Haizhu, an heir to his family's company in China which he didn't want. He ran away from home and his ship crashed into rocks and sank. The company agents eventually found him and sent him back home. Yiseon, Onwan and Wonha didn't want their friend to leave and they convinced them to let Haizhu stay with them as Haean.

 

The sitcom and movie were big hits and they were already called to award shows just days after the movie released. Tickets were sold out immediately and all the seats in the movie theaters were full. They knew they made it big and that caught the attention of someone all the way in America!

"Hmm... He looks familiar."

"Sir, it could just be a look alike."

"But the resemblance is too uncanny. It has to be him."

"But he died almost 18 years ago."

Died 18 years ago? That means they're onto Kibum. This can't be good.

 

A month after the movie's release, Kibum was excited for his next offer to come. And his wish soon came true in the form of a movie offer from America.

"Wait. Is it real?" (Kibum)

"It's real alright. It's fully in English." (Heechul)

The letter said, 'Dear Heechul and Kibum of Super Junior. We will be honored to have you in our new movie. If you accept the offer, please email us. From, Harvey White.'

"Harvey White? He's a famous director." (Heechul)

"He's one of the directors that I worked with." (Kibum)

"WHAT?!" (Heechul)

It was weeks before Kibum's death. When they heard of a upcoming director coming to direct the new drama, Kibum was ecstatic. Harvey White was that director. After seeing Kibum acting, he instantly loved his talent. He was shocked that the promising young actor who he had just worked with weeks ago has died after saving a co-star.

"Then, what's the problem?" (Heechul)

"He might recognize me from when I was alive." (Kibum)

"Oh..." Heechul knew that wasn't good.

 

And it wasn't. They accepted the offer to see if it is Harvey White directing the new movie and it was.

"It's just as we thought." (Kibum)

"Kibum... Maybe he won't recognize you face and namewise." (Heechul)

"Maybe, but still." (Kibum)

"Here he comes. Stay on your toes." (Ryuah)

"Ah. You must be Mister Heechul and Mister Kibum. It's nice to finally meet you." (Harvey)

"Of course. It's our pleasure." (Kibum)

Harvey smiled. Did he recognized Kibum?

"Um... Is something the matter?" (Heechul)

"Oh, nothing. He just reminded me of another young actor I used to work with." (Harvey)

(Then he does remember me!)

"What was he like?" Kibum asked Harvey about well... himself.

"He was a very talented actor. Some even called him an elite. After working with him, from what I heard, he died while trying to save a co-star." (Harvey)

"Oh..." (Kibum)

"Well, enough chatting, shall we begin?" (Harvey)

"YEAH!"

"Yeah..." (Heechul, Kibum)

Also, the letter didn't have any information of what the movie is going to be about. And they were about to find out. It was called... 'Undead Friends'. Was this a coincidence? Heechul and Kibum are undead as they are zombies. Does Harvey know about this or was it purely coincidental?


In case you're wondering, the 7 characters mentioned in 'Fly to Life' appeared in the MBC sitcom 'Rainbow Romance'.