005 || Finale

20cm closer to us
 
 
 
 
“I’ll always be there.”
 
 
 
The night sky was growing darker and the absence of stars only indicated that the rain was coming. However, both Soobin and Arin ignored the hint from the sky and stayed put on the bench with their pinkie fingers slightly touching each other, unable to move.
 
Soobin was afraid. Arin was contented.
 
The man was afraid, that if she pulled away, that would be the last time he would be able to feel her warmth.
 
The lady was contented, that if he pulled away, that would be the first time she would be disappointed in his action.
 
The stillness and quietness were killing him from the inside. Soobin had too many questions to ask yet he didn’t want to appear weak in front of her. Therefore, he mustered up his courage and calmly said, “I don’t think you’re supposed to be here right now.”
 
“Where do you think I’m supposed to be at right now?” Arin responded with a smile spreading across her face.
 
Soobin rolled his eyes.
 
“Next to that Yeonjun guy, I guess.” Bluntly, he spoke. That was out of jealousy and it came deep from within because it took him a good two seconds before he realised that that was a stupid move.
 
His eyes widened, and he quickly turned to face her, hands up in the air and ready to defend himself. That was before Arin burst into a laughter so loud that Soobin felt rather both ridiculously mocked, and confused.
 
Her laughter lasted for a good minute and it had done a slight scratch on his pride.
 
Abruptly, he rose on his feet and that sudden movement startled Arin, resulting for her laughter to die away fast.
 
“I like you, and I bet you know that.” He confessed. Out of blue.
 
There was a dead silence that even the blowing wind seemed to come into a halt. Soobin was cursing hard to himself, and he let out an awkward laughter, “I mean, of course you know that I like you, everyone likes you, who doesn’t like a girl as pretty as you are – “ He was rambling random nonsense, not because he couldn’t own up to his impulsive confession.
 
Soobin already planned out his perfect confession situation. Spring time, flowery road and soft breeze passing along them as he took her in his arms, as his.
 
Not like this, not out of jealousy of this random guy he had no idea about.
 
“No, I mean, like – “ His words were cut off by the pair of lips that he had been waiting all his life to be claimed. To be cherished. To be kissed. As his.
 
Arin was kissing him.
 
And Soobin kissed her back. No second thoughts, whatsoever.
 
He wrapped his arms around her frail waist and leaned down, making sure he heard the click of her heels hitting the ground. Her hands moved, encircling around his neck and she pulled away, resting her forehead against his, out of breath, she confessed, “I like you too, and I bet you know that, too.”
 
Nodding, his eyes fell on her lips. She was chewing her lower lip out of habit, she was nervous too, like he was.
 
“Yeonjun,” That name got Soobin rigid in his position. He had completely forgotten the existence of that man.
 
She continued, “He is my brother, so you don’t have to worry about him taking me away from you.”
 
His face flushed instantly. He dropped his head on her shoulder so that she wouldn’t see how bad the embarrassment he was feeling at the moment.
 
He smelled like mint shampoo, and she couldn’t help herself from running her fingers through his soft strands. She couldn’t help herself, too, from pressing a kiss on his ear and then his temple and she cupped his face so that their eyes met, and she pressed a kiss on his forehead, down on his closed eyelids, his nose and then his cheeks, and she stopped, staring at the soft pair looking lips.
 
She lifted her eyes, and once again they met, and softly she said, “Kiss me.”
 
Soobin was too in love to reply with words, so he leaned in, locking her lips with his, holding her tight in his arms and Arin was too in love at the moment to feel embarrassed about what she just said.
 
They were too in love to notice that the night was raining down on them lovers.