Fin

Stay up with me tonight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’m going to try to stay up tonight.” 

 

Sana and Dahyun had been lounging in their room together, doing absolutely nothing in particular for the majority of the day. And now Sana currently lay there with her arms and legs wrapped around the younger girl, snuggling into her side, while Dahyun fought back the butterflies. 

 

Dahyun glanced over at the sudden remark, shrugging off Sana’s arms and ignoring the whines to sit up on the bed. 

 

“That was super random.” She commented, making Sana roll her eyes at her, but she was already used to Sana’s randomness after long years of them being friends. 

 

Best friends. 

 

So, it didn’t bother her in the slightest. 

 

Dahyun made a little noise. “Why though?”

 

“Just because I can.” Sana huffed. “I’m going to do it, Dahyun.” She was determined to do it since she had failed yesterday. 

 

“Really?” Dahyun quirked a brow, skeptical. 

 

“Totally, without a doubt.”

 

“Well, good luck with that.”

 

Sana beamed at her.

 

Yet, Dahyun couldn’t help herself. “I think I’ll most likely be awake the longest anyways.”

 

How quick narrowed eyes were directed at her. Sana pushed herself off from her current position on the bed to sit across Dahyun. “Are you sure about that?”

 

“Pretty confident in this fact actually.”

 

Sana chuckled, amused. “I don’t know, I think I stand a pretty good chance.” 

 

Dahyun blinked back at the japanese girl. That sparked an idea. An interesting idea. 

 

Besides, they were always up for new challenges against one another. 

 

"Then-” A slight pause and a sly smile. “Let's see who will fall asleep first tonight," Dahyun prompted. 

 

Sana wasn’t used to staying up so late, since just the other day she had fallen asleep pretty early. Which is why Dahyun was so sure of her victory. 

 

The idea may not have been smart for the two college students to act on, but they were on break so they had the days to sleep it off.

 

They knew their friends would scold them if they were to find out, and it’d be hard since they all lived with each other. 

 

But no one was telling. 

 

Good thing Sana and Dahyun shared their own room together.

 

“Oh?” Sana smirked, tilting her head to the side. “Alright."

 

"Bet?" Dahyun raised her brows in a taunting manner.

 

Dahyun may be at a disadvantage since she’d been going to sleep really late consecutively for the last couple of days, and there was only so much she could handle in a week. But she was sure of herself on this one. 

 

"Bet."

 

Dahyun cracked her knuckles. “Wait, what are we betting on though?”

 

Good question. As well as being a very important one. 

 

Sana pursed her lips in thought, then looked at Dahyun. “What about granting a wish to the winner?”

 

There was something in Sana’s eyes, but one blink and it was gone as quickly as it had come. 

 

Dahyun slowly nodded her head, ignoring what she thought she had seen. “Okay, let’s do it. And we can even have little check-in times to see if the other is still awake and whatnot?”

 

Sana hummed in agreement as she moved back to rest against the headboard. 

 

“Like every half hour or something,” Dahyun thought aloud. 

 

“That’s a pretty good idea.”

 

Dahyun stuck out her tongue teasingly. “I know.” 

 

The korean proceeded to busy herself with making her bed more comfortable to her liking as she stood up, walking around to adjust the covers and pillows. 

 

It was going to be a long night after all. 

 

Minutes passed and once she was finished, she sat down on top of the covers. 

 

Dahyun looked up to find Sana staring intently at her, making her eyes widen and cheeks burn. 

 

How long has she been looking at her for?

 

“What do you think you’re doing?” 

 

“What does it look like?” Sana puffed up her cheeks and Dahyun fought the urge to pinch them. “I’m staying awake.”

 

“That doesn’t require you to stare at me all night long though…” The younger girl trailed off. 

 

“But what if I preferred that?” Honey-brown eyes pierced through her gaze. “What if I wanted to?”

 

And suddenly it turned serious, taking Dahyun aback. Dahyun choked on air while Sana just sat there and watched, a soft grin flashing at her. 

 

Sana scooted closer. Close enough to rub the other’s back in a soothing manner. Close enough for their knees to touch and for the breaths to mingle in the air together. 

 

I could stare at you for all eternity and never get tired. 

 

“Did I make your heart flutter?” Sana cooed cutely. “I totally did, didn’t I?”

 

Dahyun pouted, turning her head away from the older girl’s sight. “Shut up.”

 

Too embarrassed to admit otherwise, just like all those other times. 

 

Just like how it will always be. 

 

The pale girl willed her cheeks to cool down, biting her lip at the swirl of emotions threatening to consume her.

 

And that’s when she noticed the light scent of mint, letting it overtake her senses for a second. Perhaps from the toothpaste they both shared with one another. 

 

She wondered if she would be able to taste it on the girl's lips. 

 

‘Don’t do anything you’ll regret later, ’ Dahyun screamed at herself internally. 

 

She sat there, completely still, struggling with her inner turmoil. 

 

But maybe honey-brown eyes softened in adoration without her knowing, as another heart thumped harder in loving want, watching in silence. 

 

Maybe. 

 

Dahyun broke the silence by letting out an awkward cough, snapping the two from their own thoughts and making Sana giggle.

 

Deciding to take mercy on the poor girl, Sana backed up to allow Dahyun to relax a bit.

 

Dahyun fought back a shiver as she felt the older’s hand slide off her back, while the latter only looked at her innocently. 

 

How in the world was she going to survive this night?

 

A glance at the time and it was only 1:48 a.m. 

 

Only a half hour had passed since they had started and Dahyun knew it was going to be a struggle. 

 

. . .

 

Dahyun's stomach growled lowly.

 

She looked at the time. 

 

4:05 a.m.

 

“You can’t be serious,” Dahyun grumbled under her breath. 

 

This was the third time her stomach has growled in hunger.

 

The two of them had been sitting in silence for the past two hours, excluding the occasional glances at the other, just on their phones. 

 

The korean was starting to feel the effects of staying up so late and she had caught Sana’s eyelids closing for longer than usual a couple of times already.

 

But she wasn’t giving up when she could practically taste the victory. 

 

Dahyun put her phone down on the bed, contemplating her decisions. 

 

Sana’s ears perked up at the noise, but her eyes stayed on her phone as she continued scrolling through her Twitter. 

 

Not to deny that most of her attention was on the other now.

 

Dahyun let out a deep sigh before crawling off the bed and quietly padding off to the kitchen. 

 

Sana’s eyes curiously flitted over her phone to watch the girl leave. 

 

What was she doing? 

 

Meanwhile, Dahyun’s eyes had adjusted to the darkness in the kitchen and she made her way to where all of their snacks were kept. 

 

Hopefully, eating would quell her hunger and possibly wake her up a bit more. 

 

She opened the cabinet, only to groan. 

 

They had run out of her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter