Two

HER CHOICE
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tzuyu

If you ask me: Who do I want to look up to?

My answer is always honest: DaHyun is unnie .

I never hide that I like DaHyun - unnie and I admire her. DaHyun - unnie is always special to me.

The rest I love too, they give me a lot of different advice, from the financial side to food.

But DaHyun - unnie is on another level of my adoration.

She's the unnie that I'm proud of, and I want to be just as confident when she shows the sweet side of herself.

Until the day this all happened, DaHyun became brooding, a little distant, melancholic. She used to live the same way, showing herself at work and at home. But lately, on camera, all the same cheerful Dubu, closed at home.

I began to notice that she began to read a lot of psychological books, watch science fiction, listen to the spiritual melodies of a melodrama, and often go out of the house alone.

She rely when someone from unnie called her.

It used to happen to her sometimes, so no one really bothered.

But over time, absences became frequent, she started talking about eternity, about immortality, was interested in Tarot cards.

The members teased, but DaHyun just smiled, accepting all the taunts, flipping the cards in their hands and laying them out on the table.

- Let the game - after a poling said JiHyo , easily ruffled the girl's hair when sat next to her. - Then tell me if your fortune-telling will come true, okay ? - DaHyun nodded his head.

 

Dinner took place late in the evening, but the girls are used to eating at this time. Today was a tough day, they were very tired and hungry. On the way home, they stopped at an ordinary cafe with delivery, crossing the threshold of the house, she almost pounced on the food. The usual meal together. Usually it lasted longer for everyone, because they liked to discuss the present day. But DaHyun only ate a couple of spoons of ramen, said she had full and went to her room.

A person cannot eat if all the way home she complained that she was terribly hungry.

-I’ll take her plate to the room,- she suggested, looking inquiringly at Jeongyeon , who nodded in agreement , warning about neatness.

And so Tzuyu found herself at her door with a tray in her hands.

- DaHyun - unnie , girls say you need to eat well. I brought your plate, eat, okay - her question hung in the air, the girl sitting at the table did not even flinch at her voice. - Unnie ?

DaHyun sat at the table, the light from the table lamp faintly tracing the pallor of her skin, reflected through thick glasses. Tzuyu wanted to turn on the light so that the room would not look so dark, not comfortable, but hesitated to do so. DaHyun - unnie didn’t even look up from the book, didn’t turn to it, didn’t make it clear that she had heard it.

Tzuyu repeated the question a couple more times until she finally heard her:

- Tzuyu , how long have you been standing there? - making a bookmark on a page of a book titled "Intertwined Destinies", looked at it over her left shoulder.

- A few minutes, unnie . You are reading this book again, I thought you had already read it - awkwardly shifting at the door, said Tzuyu .

- Come inside, Chewi - a voice sounded softly, but the body did not move. - You're right, I have already read it, I just decided to re-read more interesting moments. Previously, I did not understand them, but now everything fell into place - propping her head on her hand, said DaHyun half-turned , completely hiding her face from the light.

- What did you not understand, unnie ?

- No soulmates.

- Can I turn on the light, unnie ? Somehow I am not comfortable here - the air in the room has become noticeably tense, goose bumps ran through my skin.

- I like the darkness, in it I now live and breathe. Let's talk tomorrow morning, Chewie , if you need light so badly .

 

At that moment it seemed to me as if, with my request, I entered someone else's house without permission and ruled there. Nothing changed in the tone of DaHyun - unnie's voice , still remained friendly, but still, her voice made me uncomfortable. The darkness of the room began to absorb me, plunging me into its depths, pumping up my mood.

For the first time ever, I didn't want to be in the same room with DaHyun - unnie .

Not with such an unnie .

- Well, let's talk tomorrow morning - I hurried to say, wishing a quiet night and quickly leaving the room.

Please log in to read the full chapter