Should We Stay in the Past?

That One Fan-Made Video
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the break, they gather back to the filming spot. While they wait for the rest of the crew to get ready, Tzuyu stays in her place and crosses her arms. She later finds herself lost in her thoughts, thinking about the game earlier.

Sana Unnie really can’t keep her hands to herself, can she? Tzuyu scoffs. How absurd of her to rub her fan service on my face.

Tzuyu’s mood is definitely spoiled, but she can’t help it that Sana and Dahyun had grown closer through the years. Maybe that’s just how it is. It has already been a while, but she still can’t get over their sudden falling out that began from the events that followed after they both saw that fan-made video edit of theirs which Tzuyu’s Mother jokingly sent.

 

flashubacku

Tzuyu’s phone buzzes with a familiar ringtone, a designated one she especially chose so she knows it comes from her mother by just hearing. She rolls over her bed to grab the gadget placed by the edge of her bedside table. She smiles, her Mama called just in time—she had already finished her nighttime routines. She presses the green button and heads outside to the common area of their shared dorms as waits for their videos to load.

“Ma!” Tzuyu cries a little too loud for her own liking as she sees her Mama’s face on the screen. “I missed you! What have you been up to?”

“Baby,” Mama Chou’s voice filled with the same kind of sentiment is heard over the phone speakers. “Well, I saw this cute video of yours and Sana on YouTube. I’ll send you the link later when we end this call.”

“Mama!” Tzuyu hopes her blush isn’t severe enough to be seen on screen. “How many times do I have to tell you to stop watching those videos.”

“Tzuyu, are you alright, my darling?” says Mama Chou, traced with worry. “You suddenly look unwell.”

“Ugh, don’t worry about me, Ma,” Tzuyu retaliates. “Just please promise me you won’t watch those anymore! Last time you sent one with Chaeyoung. This has to stop.”

Mama Chou chuckles after her daughter’s whining, finally agreeing, “Alright, but do watch this one. It’s interesting. You better call me after watching it.”

Tzuyu’s heart skips a beat from her mother’s remark. She responds only with a nervous laughter.

“Alright, baby. I know you had a long day. You’re promoting Yes or Yes this week, right? Get some rest, yes?” Mama Chou chuckles in the hopes of reminding her daughter.

“Yes, Ma. Good night, I miss you all so much,” Tzuyu forces a laugh before surrendering. To which one of her mother’s questions, we will find out later.

“I’ll be sending it right away! Good night. I love you, my Chou Tzuyu,” Mama Chou ends the call before Tzuyu could protest.

She mutters frustrated nothings under her breath before she hears her mother’s personalised notification sound. Honestly? She is dying to see the video—for her Ma to have such a remark, what with her impossible standards, it must be something extraordinary.

With a defeated sigh, she presses the link and takes in the video details thoroughly. The title reads: “SaTzu Moments To Keep You Sane”. Tzuyu can’t help but snort at the line. I wonder if watching this will keep me sane, she thinks.

Now feeling more lighthearted than a moment ago, she presses play.

Tzuyu recognises “Say Yes” faintly playing alongside the video. In all honestly, Tzuyu loved this song the first time she heard its demo. The lyrics just hit close to home. What a coincidence. It happens to be a compilation of their on-screen interactions since Sixteen.

Tzuyu won’t deny that she does miss the earlier years of TWICE. When everybody else was still filled to the brim with energy and motivation—who would’ve thought they will work their arses off in an unhealthy amount of time, anyway? But still, Tzuyu reprimands, I wouldn’t have traded this for anything else in the world.

Halfway through the video, Sana passes quietly behind the sofa Tzuyu where Tzuyu is seated. Curious as to what is grabbing the full attention of their Maknae, she sneakliy makes her way to peep on Tzuyu’s phone.

The older girl chances to see their moment in the Twicecoaster Lane 1 Showcase where she hugs Tzuyu after she got picked to be in the younger girl’s team, and to make it more dramatic, it was edited slow-motion.

“Awwwwwwwwww,” Sana squeals in the most Sana way possible, her tone escalating up and down, and up and down, similar to Tzuyu’s frantic heart which won’t stop palpitating now.

“Sana!” exclaims out of shock, wide-eyed, her mobile phone already flying mid-air off to who-knows-where, “U-Unnie.”

“Yah! How dare you call me Sana, Tzuyu-ssi?” Sana huffs and crosses her arms as Tzuyu avoids her stares by desperately looking around for her phone.

Tzuyu’s mind is all over the place. First, she wasn’t sure if Sana was asking a rhetorical question. Second, why did she forget to call Sana “Unnie”? It wasn’t like the olden days, they already talked about using the honorifics for the better. And third, SANA SAW WHAT SHE WAS WATCHING. 8 roommates in this cosy dorm with three separate rooms, and Sana happens to be the one crossing paths with her at this very moment while sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter