just another day

just another day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a recording day for the girls, so they headed to the studio in batches to record their parts. The older girls went first, and the maknae line was left to sleep for a couple more hours. Minju, however, woke up early because thoughts of a certain girl clouded her mind and refused to let her sleep.

 

The main visual didn’t know when she started looking at her best friend in a different light. It might have been during the many times when the shorter girl would crash in her room in the middle of the night just because.

 

Or it might have been the moment when Yuri decided to stay with her one late night to continue practicing even when official practice time was over. Her best friend didn’t have to stay with her, but she even went out of her way to buy her an energy drink and some chocolate to replenish her energy. 

 

There were a lot of things that might have led Minju to fall in love with Jo Yuri, but one of the things she thinks contributed the most to it was the fact that Yuri was just so easy to fall in love with. 

 

Her alarm rang and distracted her from thoughts of taking Yuri out on a date and doing things that only couples do. She grabbed her phone and turned it off; glancing at the time, she realized that it was already 12:00 nn and the younger girls needed to be at the studio by 2:00 pm.

 

Groaning, she got up from her bed and stretched her limbs, and shake away the sleepiness that she was feeling. Minju went out of her room and proceeded to wake Yujin up so that they can get ready and maybe have something to eat before they left. 

 

“Yujinnie, it’s time to wake up.” Minju shook the younger girl awake, “We have to leave soon; you have to start getting ready.” Yujin groaned and reluctantly got out of bed to start her day. “I’ll ask the others if they have food.” 

 

Yujin gave a noise of agreement and dragged herself to the bathroom. Seeing that the younger girl was somewhat awake now, Minju sent a text to the maknae line group chat to ask them if they’ve eaten yet.

 

Minju: Have you guys eaten yet?

Nako: no TT

Hitomi: The unnies had breakfast here and finished all the food Chaeyeon-unnie made.

Wonyoung: We’re starving!

 

Minju laughed at her members’ typical behavior when it comes to their hunger. Food was a language they were all fluent in, and all of them knew not to mess around when it came to eating.

 

Minju: Should we order in or eat someplace near the studio instead?

Hitomi: As long as we eat, I don’t really care.

Nako: Same!

Wonyoung: Yuri-unnie said to just eat outside because she doesn’t want to clean up.

Minju: Point taken, let’s eat outside instead.

Nako: *whipped*

Nako deleted a message

Minju: Yah! Nabuki!

Nako: Oops!

Hitomi: I’ll hit her for you, Minju! See you soon!

Minju: Thanks, Hii! See you!

 

A blush found her way to Minju’s cheeks at Nako’s teasing; she was so NOT whipped for anyone, and certainly not for Jo Yuri of all people! They were just friends, BEST friends, and that’s all they will ever be.

 

Minju felt a pang of pain hit her heart at the thought of them not being able to be more. Falling for your best friend , but what can she do? She was in love with Jo Yuri, but Yuri will never love her back.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

“So, where do you guys want to eat?” All six members of the maknae line finally met up after getting ready. “Tteokbokki, chicken, or meat?” Minju’s eyes practically lit up when she mentioned her beloved meat. She was slightly hoping that her members were up for it, too, because she was really craving beef right now.

 

“We can see you drooling, unnie.” Yujin teased, causing all of them to laugh at Minju’s expense. “I could go for some tteokbokki or chicken; how about you guys.” Nako joined in on the teasing and purposely left out meat as one of the choices.

 

Yuri laughed at the pout that appeared on Minju’s face; she looked like a sulking baby who just got told they couldn’t have any more milk. “Yah, stop pouting.” She nudged her best friend, “Let’s go eat some meat.” The pout on the visual’s face instantly disappeared and was replaced by a blinding smile complete with her dimples showing.

 

Minju threw her arms up and cheered, and befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter