The Art of 30 seconds

The Art of 30 seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Nothing is going right for today, huh?” Chaeyeon sighs heavily while looking outside of the bar, the rain pours harder on the road, she looked at her wristwatch to check the time and she sighs once again after realizing that she still has two hours before Yena will be here to drive her home.

 

 

She’s in a bar here right now, her usual Friday night hobby for her alone time. Well, adding that she wanted to stop thinking about what happened five days ago. Because it’s making her crazy that it didn’t leave her mind, especially her face.

The bar is decent and good, their service is nice and Chaeyeon is a regular in this bar but only a few of the employees knew that an idol is visiting their bar, well, they won’t notice because Chaeyeon is wearing her hoodie as she always went here.

 

 

“I guess I’ll just wait for Yena in that convenience store,” Chaeyeon muttered to herself, fixing her hoodie as she rushed in the rain to made her way into the small convenience store, she also wants some cup noodles for tonight, good thing that there is a store near the bar.

 

 

But Chaeyeon stopped at the front of the store when something crossed her mind, “I don’t have my mask, the vendor might recognize me…and I am damn if Eunbi-unnie knows it.” she whispered to herself, not minding the rain that is dropping on her.

 

 

“Hmmm, I’ll just tell to the vendor not to say anything and maybe I can give her my autograph for that…” Chaeyeon muttered to herself once again, “Right, nice thinking.” she added, high-fiving herself mentally.

 

 

“Let’s go,” Chaeyeon muttered to herself, pushing the door as the cold breeze of the air conditioner greeted her, her eyes roamed around the small store and as soon as she saw what she wants, she quickly made her way to pick the cup noodles that she is suddenly craving for tonight.

 

 

“This would be enough.” She whispered to herself, looking at the single-cup noodles on her hand before making her way towards the counter, but she creased her forehead when she can’t see any person at the counter.

 

 

But she stopped when she noticed something from below the counter, it may be a person, looking down or maybe busy with something.

 

 

“Uhhhh, hello?” She said to get the person’s attention.

 

 

Chaeyeon caught her breathing when the person looked up and her eyes widened when she met the familiar orbs, the girl looked at her weirdly.

 

 

It felt like the time stopped when she met those orbs again, those eyes and face that she kept on seeing in her mind. She is seeing it right now. And wow, Chaeyeon can feel her palm getting sweaty even though the store has an aircon.

 

She gulped when the girl talks and stared at her, she looks pretty for Chaeyeon. Additional for the round specs she’s wearing right now.

 

 

“Is this your first time seeing an attractive person?” Sakura asked and Chaeyeon could only be looked at the girl, the same girl that she met at the bus stop, the same girl who called her snatcher and she can’t understand why she’s looking at her weirdly.

 

 

But one thing she understands know, why the girl can’t remember her? Because she saw her face when she pulled down Chaeyeon’s mask to kiss her.

 

 

 

“You don’t know me?” She asked, Chaeyeon’s voice can be somewhat found with a little disappointment.

 

 

The girl looked at her, raising her brow while eyeing her. As if it’s her first time seeing Chaeyeon.

 

 

“Do I need to know you?” Sakura asked again, Chaeyeon once again is taken aback, she can only stare at the girl.

 

 

 

‘So, she doesn’t know me...’

 

 

 

“No. I’m just….wondering.” She answered and the girl only nodded her head before getting Chaeyeon’s cup noodles.

 

 

But her voice came out so upset because of the expectation that the girl can remember her.

 

 

“Is this all?” The short-haired girl asked and Chaeyeon pursed her lips. She suddenly wants to stress eating.

 

She walks towards the stall and gets another cup of noodles, some snacks, and drinks, she can feel the short-haired girl is staring at her as she gets back to the counter, before giving her payment.

 

 

Chaeyeon’s only staring at the girl while waiting for her to finish, the latter might find her creepy but she can’t stop wondering why she is feeling her heart pounding again just by staring at her face.

 

 

‘Is this what they call love?’ she asked herself but quickly shook her head because it’s an absurd idea.

 

 

She hasn’t experienced the love that they’re saying, so it does not love. She can’t be in love with someone she just met five days ago.

 

 

That’s stupid.

 

 

 

Sakura suddenly looked up and by then Chaeyeon’s cheeks blushed because she just got caught staring, the girl might find her weird by now.

 

 

“Are you gonna stare at me instead of getting these foods?” She asked bluntly, raising her eyebrows at Chaeyeon like a grumpy person.

 

 

Chaeyeon looked at the girl, she plays with her hand while her eyes quiver in nervousness. Meanwhile, the girl is just staring at her, waiting for her to say something, and don’t forget how her forehead is frowning right now.

 

 

“Do you want to eat with me?”

 

 

Chaeyeon asked, she gulped when the girl frowned harder while eyeing her like something is wrong with her. She doesn’t even know where she finds the courage to say those words to this girl.

 

 

“Why would I?” The Japanese girl asked.

 

 

Chaeyeon should be upset about how the girl is talking to her but surprisingly, she isn’t. She somehow understands that it’s her attitude, the way she talks. And it’s understandable since they are strangers to each other.

 

 

Well, are they?

 

 

“Because it isn’t nice to eat all of this alone,” Chaeyeon answered softly, removing her hood before giving a light smile to the girl. Somehow expecting that the girl might agree and eat with her.

 

 

“But it’s the opposite for me, I enjoy eating alone,” Sakura answered quickly making Chaeyeon pouted unconsciously.

 

 

“Okay, fine…” Chaeyeon said, shoulders slumps dejectedly while walking as she made her way to one of the tables inside the store.

 

 

“How can she reject a Lee Chaeyeon? No one has the heart to reject me!”  she murmurs in her breathing, upset that she didn’t get what she wants.  

 


 

“She’s so grumpy and blunt, I am just asking for a company.” Chaeyeon whines in her low voice, she started to eat her cup of noodles while glaring outside. Still upset that the girl rejected her offer.

 

 

“I am not grumpy; I just find you weird.”

 

 

Chaeyeon looked at the short-haired girl who snatches the other cup of noodles from the table, she watches as the girl eats it like it’s her food.

 

 

“Why are you looking at me like that? You asked me to eat with you, so am I.” Sakura stated, Chaeyeon shakes her head before continuing to eat her food.

 

 

“Don’t get me wrong, you look lonely here while eating alone and your forehead is frowning like that.” The short-haired girl said at her.

 

 

“Thanks for that, stranger.” Chaeyeon scoffed and the girl chuckles at her, causing her to stop for a minute and just stare at the girl.

 

 

“I thought you only know how to be blunt and grumpy,” Chaeyeon said after she recovered from the moment. She smiled seeing how the girl chuckle again, a sudden tug on her chest was felt by Chaeyeon but she chooses to ignore it.

 

 

“I also know how to be angry, you wanna see?” The girl asked, Chaeyeon looked at her with her ‘are you kidding?’ expression making the short-haired girl shake her head from her reaction.

 

 

“Just kidding, I can’t believe that you will give me that reaction,” Sakura muttered and stared outside.

 

 

And just like that, the atmosphere between the two of them became silent. Chaeyeon glance at the girl secretly and by then, she suddenly felt heavy inside as she looked at the girl’s eyes, it just struck Chaeyeon inside, the girl’s eyes can see emptiness and there’s no spark nor life on it. Causing Chaeyeon’s curiosity and worry to rise, she wanted to comfort the girl even if she doesn’t know what situation she is in.

 

 

Just like how she feels five days ago when they met. The desire to be there for her.

 

 

The atmosphere that she felt around the girl when they are at the bus stop, Chaeyeon can feel it right now, the coldness, sadness, and emptiness as she continues to steal glances from the girl that she doesn’t know the name.

 

 

 

“There’s a rumor that you can share what you feel inside to someone and it’s good sharing it with a stranger.” Chaeyeon suddenly muttered, enough for the two of them to hear.

 

 

“That’s only a rumor.” The short-haired girl said bluntly, quickly rejecting Chaeyeon’s idea. “Wait…I think I heard the same thing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter