ONE

Start Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JYP University is known as one of the most significant universities, along with SM University and YG University. A calm state welcomes you to JYP University.

 

Janitors were busy sweeping the floor and watering the plants. The only sound heard in the hallway was the footsteps of the guards who were roaming the university.

 

Everything was normal at JYP University.

 

"Can you ing hurry up, Chou!" Chaeyoung silently yelled while looking at Tzuyu, who was climbing the wall.

 

Well, except for these three students who are cutting their classes

Tzuyu, brush the dust off her uniform and putting her jacket in her bag.

 

"I heard from Hyunjin a while ago that there's a new computer shop here," Chaeyoung said while folding her uniform.

 

"Mr. Park's class is boring as ," tzuyu started, making the two laugh before nodding their heads.

 

"That bald man gives me the lowest grade when I scold him for using the wrong formula," Dahyun said, earning a loud laugh.

 

"Well, coming from our brainy friend, I admit that I understand your lecture more than his," Chaeyoung said, looking at the two who were smirking at her.

 

"But you aren't listening to Dahyun. You're just copying Dahyun's answers," Tzuyu teased, making Dahyun laugh while Chaeyoung glared at Tzuyu before punching her arm.

 

"OUCH, YOU MIDGET!" Tzuyu yelled before punching Chaeyoung back.

 

"Idiots," Dahyun mumbled, watching Chaeyoung and Tzuyu bickering as they walked.

 

Present-day

 

Dahyun parked her motorcycle at JYP University park. All the students were looking at her.

 

Dahyun locked her motor before slowly removing her helmet. Every student looking at her met the cold eyes of Dahyun as the pale girl parked her motor properly. She wore her backpack on her right arm.

 

While her earphones were plugged into her ears, Dahyun leaned her body on her motor, waiting for her friends. She immediately looked at the gate and saw Tzuyu, who was waving at her.

 

"Hyun!" Tzuyu yelled before leaving the girl beside her, not forgetting to wink.

 

"Yow!" Tzuyu said while giving a fist bump to Dahyun. The two talked about the new update in PUBG when they saw Chaeyoung walking to them with a lollipop in .

 

"WHAT'S UP EVERYONE!" Chaeyoung greeted them wearing her big smile while Dahyun and Tzuyu raised their brows.

 

"You're late again," they both said, making Chaeyoung laugh.

 

"I mean, what's new to me?" Chaeyoung sarcastically said and threw the lollipop into the trash bin in front of them.

 

"Shoot," Dahyun and Tzuyu could only shake their heads before walking to their room. They were The School Meal Club. That's what they called themselves, but their university knew them as troublemakers.

 

The three were known for causing trouble. There was no week when these three weren't in the detention area because of their brains and skills in sports. JYP University couldn't afford to kick these three out.

 

As the trio entered their room, Dahyun immediately went to the back, sat beside the window wearing her earphones, and decided to nap.

 

Dahyun was always known for her cold attitude, especially her smart . She may have been the biggest troublemaker of the three, but she was the brainy one and could fix her trouble quickly, unlike the other two.

 

While Chaeyoung was known for her bullying antics, every newcomer to their university, if asked about bullying, would mention Son Chaeyoung.

 

Lastly, Tzuyu was the youngest of the three. She was similar to Dahyun, but their difference was Tzuyu's flirtatious nature. She liked to play with people's feelings and ghost them if she got bored.

 

No wonder these three were famous for their different attitudes, but no matter how many red flags and bad attitudes they showed, many students still liked them and even sent letters to their locker.

 

Loud laughs and some noise outside the building became silent as they heard the audible click of heels. They all looked and saw the stoic face of Ms. Roseanne Park walking elegantly while holding her YSL bag.

 

"ALL OF YOU, GET INSIDE THE ROOM!" Ms. Park yelled, which sent shivers down the spines of the students who immediately went back and sat in their assigned chairs.

 

Except for Son Chaeyoung, who was still outside, not noticing that their terror professor was already inside. Everyone looked at Ms. Park, who was raising her eyebrows while crossing her arms.

 

"Son, get your back here in the room, or you will sit in the detention room again!" Ms. Park sternly said, making Chaeyoung run to the room while Tzuyu silently laughed on the side, unaware that Dahyun, who was already in a deep sleep, was still unaware of the situation.

 

"Good morning, Ms. Roseanne," Chaeyoung cheekily said, making Ms. Park roll her eyes and point to the vacant seat in front of her.

As the students finished greeting Roseanne, they all went back to their seats, not daring to look at their professor, scared to answer a question.

 

"Okay, so today our topic is about chemistry," Ms. Park said while writing the word 'chemistry' using her expensive marker.

 

"So, could anyone tell me who invented chemistry, and what year did chemistry come into existence?" Ms. Park's question made some students groan.

 

"Ms. Park, we just started the class, and you're already asking us that?" one of her students ranted, making Ms. Park raise her eyebrows.

 

"Are you saying something, Mr. Mark? Do you want to answer?" Ms. Park's response made the boy nervously shake his head.

 

"So if you can't answer my question, just sit quietly in your seat," Ms. Park continued, making her students gulp.

 

Everyone knew that Ms. Park was known as the most terrifying professor in college. Well, all of their professors were terrifying, but Ms. Park disciplined them well. While Ms. Park was finding a student to answer her question, she furrowed her eyebrows while looking at Tzuyu's seatmate.

 

It was Kim Dahyun who was sleeping in her class. No one dared to try sleeping in Ms. Park's class except for Kim Dahyun.

 

"Kim Dahyun!" Ms. Park slammed her hand on the table, startling the students. Tzuyu, who was beside Dahyun, nudged her, making the pale girl groan and slowly open her eyes, removing her earphones.

 

"What?" Dahyun asked Tzuyu, while some students silently laughed at Dahyun's curious face and Tzuyu's panicked look.

 

"Ms. Kim, it's already the hundredth time that you've been sleeping in my class," Ms. Park said, making Dahyun look in front and see Ms. Park raising her eyebrows with her arms crossed.

 

"Now that you're the one I caught sleeping in my class, I need you to answer my question," Ms. Park said, making everyone look at Dahyun.

 

"Who invented chemistry, and what year did chemistry come into existence?" Ms. Park asked sternly, looking at Dahyun.

 

"Pardon?" Dahyun said, now fully awake at the sudden question.

 

"I said, who invented chemistry, and what year did chemistry come into existence?" Dahyun looked at Ms. Park for five seconds before clearing .

 

"Ms. Park, there are so many types of chemistry, and I'm not sure which one you're referring to," Dahyun said. Ms. Park immediately blinked, forgetting that Dahyun was her smartest student.

 

"The father of modern chemistry and what year did modern chemistry come into existence?" Dahyun nodded before answering.

 

"Antoine Lavoisier was the one who invented modern chemistry. Modern chemistry exists in the seventeenth century, and it officially began on February 1, 2009, founded by Robert Boyle," Dahyun answered, looking straight at their professor.

 

"How does she have that brain when she always sleeps in Ms. Park's class?" one of her classmates whispered.

 

"Still impressive, Kim," Ms. Park said before letting Dahyun return to her seat.

 

"But if I catch you sleeping in my class again, I won't care how smart you are, Kim. I will drop you from my subject," Ms. Park finished, making Chaeyoung laugh loudly.

 

"Ms. Son, name the mother of chemistry, and what year did she exist? I also include the Greek word for chemistry," Ms. Park said, making Chaeyoung stop laughing while Tzuyu laughed hard, and Dahyun couldn't hide her smile watching Chaeyoung embarrass herself in front of the class.

"Damn, dude, I can't believe I embarrassed myself because of that stupid question. Damn, I don't even know what topic we're on, like hell. I didn't even listen to Mr. Jeon in third year," Chaeyoung ranted.

 

"Ms. Park needs a love life; that professor is always in a bad mood," Tzuyu said, shaking Chaeyoung's hair when they saw some freshmen playing in the field.

 

"Do you know what I'm thinking?" Tzuyu asked while grinning at the two, who immediately placed their bags on the vacant bench.

 

"FOOTBALL TIME!" the trio yelled and pushed each other to kick the ball.

 

On the other side of the university, a girl with bangs was watching her members' movements when she noticed one of her members didn't synchronize with the beat of Niziu's "Step by Step."

 

"Back to the top," the bangs girl sighed before restarting the music again. Momo crossed her arms, observing her members.

 

"Your hands and feet need to be synchronized," Momo said and paused the music before facing the members of the dance club.

 

"Is it that hard that you can't follow a simple move?" Momo asked before playing the music again, watching her members struggle to synchronize because of the hard choreography that Momo had made.

 

As you can see, Momo was the dance club president and the leader they needed to win over SM University in upcoming dance battles, so she was very strict with her members.

 

"One, two, and three, like that," Momo said, making her moves gracefully without any mistakes.

 

"Try again," she said before playing the music again.

 

"And stop!" Momo said before looking at the feet and hands of her members, who were already perfect. Their hands and feet were in the same position.

 

"Ms. Choi, you need to focus on your moves. You are always late sometimes," Momo said, checking her wristwatch.

 

"Okay, time to go home tomorrow again," Momo said. Everyone in the practice room sighed in relief before going to their bags, drinking water, and changing their T-shirts.

 

"Goodbye, Hirai," one of her members said. Momo nodded and still made some new movements to their dance. After a few minutes, all members bid their goodbyes, and the only one left in the dance room was Momo.

 

Momo exhaustedly sat on the floor, leaning her body against the wall. She drank her water and sighed loudly.

 

As you can see, Momo was having a bad day today. First, she got late for her class, second, she ran out of her favorite noodles in the cafeteria, and lastly, her members who couldn't synchronize on the easy steps made her day worse.

 

After a few more sighs, Momo decided to change her T-shirt, which was already wet from sweat.


"Good happenings, please, before this day ends," Momo whispered to herself before locking the door of the dance room.

 

On the other side, the trio took the game seriously as they noticed the freshman mocking them.

 

"Hey, kid, your kick !" Chaeyoung yelled at the freshman playing with them.

 

"At least I'm not short!" the boy retorted, only to trip after Dahyun intentionally pushed him, which made Chaeyoung and Tzuyu laugh.

 

"That's cheating!" the boy groaned, earning a teasing smile from Dahyun.

 

"Cheating my !" Dahyun yelled back.

 

"Chou, you better win this!" Chaeyoung yelled and kicked the ball to Tzuyu's side.

 

"You better goal it!" Dahyun added, blocking the freshmen who were running toward Tzuyu.

 

As Tzuyu kicked the ball hard, everyone burst into laughter, even Chaeyoung and Dahyun.

 

"Embarrassing, Chou!" Chaeyoung yelled amid laughter. They immediately quieted down when a loud voice echoed across the field.

 

"GOD DAMN IT!" the girl with bangs yelled before scanning the field, looking for the culprit.

 

"Who the hell kicked this ball?!" The trio and the freshman turned to see the girl with bangs, her white uniform dirtied.

 

"WHO?!" Momo yelled again, making the freshman point to Tzuyu, who was staring back at Momo.

 

Tzuyu was about to deny it when Momo kicked the ball hard, causing Tzuyu to fall and groan in pain. Everyone stared at Momo in shock as she walked away, cursing.

 

Chaeyoung looked at the freshmen, who were whispering to each other.

 

"Why did you point at Tzuyu, ?" one freshman asked.

 

"It was her fault," the one who pointed to Tzuyu replied.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter