The Wedding (SaiDa)

TWICE ONE-SHOT

Saida One-shot

 

It is 3 in the afternoon when a sleeping Dahyun was awaken by a three consecutive loud knock on her hotel room from her best friend, Chaeyoung. Last night ‘till morning, Dahyun is in a state of thinking the event today that she overslept and actually forgot what it is.

 

“Hey” Dahyun greeted the girl half-awake. Still crouching down and ready to dive in again into the bed anytime.

 

“What the hell Dahyun! Today’s the day and yet you are still sleeping? What time did you sleep? Come on, suit up!!” Chaeyoung scolded the pale girl who is now awake from the realization.

 

Dahyun was jolted at the mention. So, Dahyun immediately showered and put her Charcoal Gray Suit with White long sleeves underneath.

 

“Is this good? Or should I change into the other one?” Dahyun asked while putting her bow tie in place.

 

Chaeyoung ignores her and drags her into the other room for the make-up. This where Dahyun was also greeted by her other two friends, Tzuyu and Jeongyeon, who she will be with at the altar. There is also a photographer and videographer who is capturing the preparation phase.

 

“Dubs! Why are you late? Sit here. Geez.” Jeongyeon offered the seat where she sat and told the make-up artist to do hers. They are moving quite fast since the ceremony will start at 5pm, and they have to be there before the bride. Good thing is that Dahyun’s skin is already good that she just needs a little touch.

 

“Dahyun unnie, it’s for you” Tzuyu said while giving Dahyun a box. She read it and saw the letter first and realize that it was Sana’s handwriting, of course, gifts before the wedding are a must. Dahyun did not forgot about it, she also sent a pendant for Sana’s beforehand.

 

“For my first love” Dahyun smiled at the note.

 

“I met you when I was six. I was all alone until you came.”

 

----

Sana was from Japan until her parents decided to move into Korea for business purposes. As much as friendly Sana was back then, she was bullied since she is struggling at some words.

 

Sana always sits alone at the back, hanging her head low. No one likes to play with her, no one except for Dahyun. However, Sana feared Dahyun, she was intimidated to her sharp eyes. Though Dahyun’s helped is usually rejected by the older girl, she never left her side and stood by her.

 

Dahyun needed no words from the Japanese, she felt their heart is connected. She just knew what the girl needed and want. And she is willingly to give it to her.

 

After a month of Dahyun’s pursue of becoming Sana’s friend, Sana finally accepts the friendship she offered. She happily embraced the older girl. They become inseparable since that day.

 

Dahyun is excellent in Korean literature and she patiently teaches Sana about it until she becomes fluent as well. So, no other kids could say anything bad about her being Japanese.

 

Dahyun promised herself that day that she will forever protect Sana from anyone.

---

 

“You were there when I got my first period. Like what I said before, I will be forever be grateful to you” Dahyun chuckled thinking that Sana didn’t have to mention this.

 

----

They were on the plaza, playing all day since it was Christmas break. Until Sana suddenly cried on the bench. Dahyun panicked and checked on her.

 

“Are you okay? Did you fall down?” Dahyun crouch down in front of Sana, offering a piggyback ride. “Come on, I’ll bring you to the nurse office”

 

Sana shook her head. “Dahyun-ah” Sana cries. “I think I just got my period. How can I go home like this?”

 

Dahyun felt kind of relieved to hear that Sana isn’t hurt at all. Dahyun removes her favorite white hoodie and wraps it around Sana’s waist.

 

“Dahyun, No! Your favorite hoodie will be stained!” Sana tried to unties it but Dahyun held her

 

“Unnie, it’s fine. As long as my favorite person is happy”

 

This time, it was Sana who hugged Dahyun first. Dahyun’s heart is pounding loudly in her chest, she is hoping that the older girl didn’t hear it.

 

“Sorry” Sana whispers it into Dahyun’s red ear.

 

“No unnie! Instead of being sorry, just say thank you. Isn’t much better?”

 

“Thank you, Hyun. I’d be grateful to you forever”

 

And though Dahyun is cold from having a jacket removed, her heart feels very warm.

-----

 

“You were my first at everything, I regret nothing that it’s you whom I’m with. I am happy when you confessed to me back in high school”

 

-----

Sana had become popular in their high school days, the glow up she had been is unreal. Sana’s suitor, men and women, increased drastically. And it bothers Dahyun, it scares her to see Sana in others arm. So, she decided to confess, rejected or not.

 

“Sana Unnie! I love you, please be my girlfriend!” Dahyun practiced in the mirror on her bathroom. She sighed heavily. She shakes her hands to attempt to shake off her nervousness.

 

When Sana came into Dahyun’s house so they could go into the school together. Dahyun gulped hard, having a mental breakdown.

 

As they walked, Dahyun stopped. Sana noticed it so she wanted to turn around to ask what’s wrong but Dahyun held her in her shoulder.

 

“Unnie. Don’t turn around!”

 

“Huh? Why? Is there something wrong?” Sana is confused but compiled anyway.

 

“I wanted to ask you something” Sana nodded.

 

“Unnie… Do you like anyone from your suitors? Are you willing to say “yes” to any of them soon?”

 

Sana chuckles. “No”

 

“Can it be me then?” Dahyun nervously asked. She is expecting rejection not until Sana turns around and gave her a peck on her lips.

 

“Of course. I am just waiting for you Hyun”

----

 

“I am happy to celebrate every milestone I achieved with you, for the treats and laughter I shared with you. We planned our wedding like this and it was coming to life. You are happy, right? Dahyun, I am happy very at the days we spent together. Now---”

 

Dahyun is still reading the letter but Jeongyeon tapped her. “Read that later, you can’t cry right now! The make-up is getting erased again, we also needed to go. We can’t be late.”

 

Dahyun touched her cheeks to find a tear. She didn’t even realize that she is getting all emotional. This was their dream after all. Dahyun wiped it away and smiled at them. “It’s Sana’s fault. She gave a very long message. She should have shortened it”

 

It was 4pm when the four of them got into the venue. It was so serene. Perfect weather, perfect scene, the wave from the ocean is calm, a perfect day to get married. It felt surreal to finally see the wedding, Sana and she planned for 5 years.

 

Dahyun is patiently waiting at the altar, fixing her suit, making sure that no wrinkles to be found. All of their friends are smiling from ear to ear, since it is the first wedding between their circle of friends.

 

“Are you okay Dubs?” Chaeyoung patted Dahyun lightly. Dahyun just smiled at the younger.

 

“Of course, Chaeng. We dreamed of this”

 

Chaeyoung was about to speak again but was interrupted by a black limousine, a gift from Mina, horned in front. All the attention was there, including Dahyun who is very nervous right now.

 

A beautiful girl in white wedding dress came out. Smiling. Holding a beautiful white bouquet of flowers.

 

“I used to give her those in our dating days”

 

A slow music was played as Sana walked beside her bridesmaids, Momo on the right and Mina on the left side. Dahyun starts to remember how they used to practice this when they were just high school students.

 

Sana and Dahyun met their gaze over each other and a smile crept on their faces instantly and a tear finally left on Dahyun’s eyes. Sana kept moving forward until it reach Dahyun.

 

“Here. Bring her to the altar” Momo said to Dahyun while offering Sana’s hand.

 

Dahyun step forward, smiled and take Sana’s hand. Momo and Mina goes to the other end in the altar.

 

“I’m glad you did not back out Dahyun”

 

“How can I? This is our dream. I am glad that it’s finally coming true”

 

They are in front of the altar now. Sana wiped the tears that is still flowing in Dahyun’s eyes. And Sana is in verge of crying, the older is too soft to see Dahyun in that state. But when Dahyun saw that she holds Sana’s shoulder, “Don’t cry. I’m fine. Seriously”

 

“Thank you Dahyun”

 

“Be happy now Sana Unnie” Then she moved back and turned around to the other person besides them

 

“You too, Tzuyu. Take care of her.” Tzuyu nodded and takes Sana.

 

The ceremony starts with Sana and Tzuyu. And Dahyun just kept thinking how it should be her. She started the dream, but fulfilled by someone but nonetheless, as long as Sana is happy, it’s alright.

 

When it was Sana’s turn to state her vow short vow. Dahyun also stated her goodbyes along silently.

 

“Tzuyu-ah, thank you for being my moon”

And I was your sun

 

“You are there at my darkest moments”

I was at your happiest days

 

“You were there with me, the day when my parents died”

I was there in your parents’ wake

 

“You embraced my tantrums from there”

I was afraid when you changed after the incident

 

“You stayed”

I left

 

“Thank you”

Sorry

 

“I love you”

I love you

 

Then the couple shared a kiss. Dahyun clapped with a smile on her face.

 

“Thank you Tzuyu for being there for her and fulfilling every promise I made with her including this wedding.” Dahyun whispered in the air and finally left from the crowd.