Past Five

Past Five
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Past Five

 

Jimin's POV

 

"Aeri I swear if you don't come here I'll be so pissed at you. You're the one that scheduled this night out then you're the one that's gonna ditch?" I said to Aeri over the phone as I make my way to the bar.

 

"Ji I'm so sorry, our boss just called us last minute then baam we're all stuck at the office. We got this very important client tomorrow and we just got the info this evening so we're all pulling an all-nighter." she said, dissapointment was evident in her voice. 

 

"Fine, but next time all drinks on you okay? That's your punishment for ditching me tonight." I said to her as I sat on the bar stool.

 

"No problem Ji! I'm sorry again okay? I'll make it up to you next time. Bye!" was the last thing Aeri said before she ended the call.

I sighed as I realized that I have to drink alone tonight. I could have gone home after Aeri cancelled but I'm already here so might as well get some shots.

 

I ordered a martini to accompany me. As I sipped my drink I looked around the bar and watched the people dancing to the music. I never had the confidence to dance on public places or sing for that matter. I'm more of an spectator that's why I admire those that are brave enough to enjoy themselves in public. 

 

"Can I offer you a drink?" a guy with blonde hair maybe in his mid twenties said as he sat beside me and teared my gaze away from the dance floor.

"Thanks but I already have one." I politely declined as I showed him my martini. 

 

"Want me to keep you company then?" he said then winked at me. The nerve of this guy. For a second I had considered to talk to him longer but not anymore. He's good looking that's a fact and the grin on his face only shows that he knows that. He's way too confident for my liking.

"Sorry but I'm married," I showed him my left hand where a ring comfortably rests on my ring finger. 

"and my husband just went to the men's room he's probably on his way back here now." I added as I pretended to search for my non-existent husband.

 

And just like that the good looking blonde guy was nowhere to be found. Good thing I always wear my ring. If he only looked close enough he would have known that I was lying and the ring was not a wedding ring but a rosary ring instead. As expected of someone who's looking for a quick fix, they give up easily.

An hour have passed before I decided that I've had enough to drink. It was already ten and although it's a Saturday tomorrow I sure don't want to suffer a hangover so after I paid for my drink I grabbed my bag and was ready to take my leave when a certain blonde caught my attention.

 

It can't be I said to myself. I told myself to just leave but I turned my ahead again just to make sure. I can't be wrong. Blonde hair, small figure, flushed cheeks probably from the drink, her signature flannel, it's her. It's Minjeong and she's alone and might be drunk already.

Just leave already Jimin, it's not your business. She's not your business, not anymore. That's what I kept telling myself but my feet were already making its way to her.

 

Minjeong's POV

And I'm alone again. Ningning had to leave early because of a family emergency which I fully understand so for the nth time I'm drinking alone again.

 

I've lost count on how many drinks I've had since I got here earlier thank God that my alcohol tolerance is much higher than a normal person.

 

The music inside the bar was a bit loud which made my head throb so I stopped drinking for a while and closed my eyes hoping that it will take the pain away.

 

"Min-deongie" a voice suddenly called me, a deep voice that I know very well.

 

"Min-deongie wake up already, cook us some breakfast I'm hungry" the voice continued but now it's a tad softer and it felt like it was wisphering to me.

 

Instead of opening my eyes and checking where the voice was coming from I shut my eyes tighter instead hoping for the voice to go away because I'm sober enough to know that it's not real. I know it's all in my head and it's just because of the beer I was drinking.

And after a few minutes the voice was gone. With eyes closed a small smile formed on my lips and I thought to myself "It's not her, she's not coming back not anymore."

So I just leaned on my chair and let the ache in my head fade away so I can get out of here and drive my way back at the apartment. A few minutes went by when the voice called again.

 

"Minjeong?" it's the same voice but the way it calls me is very different this time. It's much more firm and it sounds undetermined. I knew it's all in my head so I didn't bother opening my eyes.

 

"Minjeong are you okay?" again it asked me. Why is this voice not going away I asked myself. I've drank more before so I know I'm still good and I can still drive myself once this throb goes away. But I ignored it again hoping that it'll stop soon.

 

"Minjeong are you okay?" I was proven wrong when it called me again only this time the voice had a hand and shakes my shoulder. So I was forced to open my eyes only to see the person who is the reason why I'm drinking right now.

 

Jimin's POV

It is her. Why is she alone and drinking too much when she knows too well that she has to drive home. There are like five, seven empty beer bottles on her table and I bet she didn't even eat something before drinking. She might have high alcohol tolerance but she needs to eat too. I lowered my head and asked her again if she was okay.

"Jimin? What are you doing here?" great she answered my question with another question.

 

"I asked you if you're okay can you please answer that first?" I exasperatedly asked her again.

 

"What do you think? I'm okay, I can still manage." she said with a bit of annoyance in her voice. Which I ignored because I didn't came here for an argument. Instead I asked her again.

"Are you alone? Did you bring your car? Can you drive?" 

"Do you see somebody else here? And why do you care?" she said as she leaned back again at her chair. "Keep it together Jimin she must be drunk right now" is what I'm telling myself because I really don't wanna argue with her. 

"I'm just concerned Minjeong" 

 

"Concerned? We're not even friends Jimin" she said as she looked at me straight into my eyes. And that's it. I've had enough.

 

"We're not strangers either" I snapped at her. I pulled out a couple of bills from my wallet and put it on the table, I grabbed her bag and her hand and dragged her to the exit and I didn't even give a damn if people inside the bar were looking at us. She protested at first but knowing that my body built is a little bit bigger than hers she let me lead her.

 

I only let go of her hand when we finally reached the parking lot. As I searched for her car keys in her bag she spoke again.

 

"Why are you doing this Jimin?" she asked but this time her voice is small and soft compared to earlier.

 

Still rummaging through her things I absentmindedly answered her.

"Because you're Minjeong."

 

Minjeong's POV

 

"Because you're Minjeong." was her only answer.

 

I never knew I would hate my name. "Of course you're Minjeong, you're not Min-deongie anymore" I thought to myself.

 

It's just Minjeong now, her endearment for me was long gone. Well five months is a long time and for sure a lot of guys and girls are in pursuit of her ever since we broke up. Even some of the guys from my company and other companies know her.

 

I mean who wouldn't want her. She's the girl of your dreams that has come to life. She's beautiful, well-mannered, has a kind heart and friends with almost everybody.

 

"It's fine Jimin, I can go home by myself." I calmly told her as I reached for my bag that she is currently holding. But the kind-hearted person that she is, she refused.

 

"No, Minjeong I'm taking you home with all that beer that you drank I'm sure you'll have a hard time driving." she said as she finally found my car keys. She was about to go inside the car when I stopped her.

 

"I said I can go home by myself, you can go now." 

 

"And I said I'm taking you home" she sounded so determined which irritated me. Why is she doing this? How can I move on from her if she keeps doing this. I won't be able to let her go if she keeps this up

 

"You know what Jimin, this is one of the reason why we didn't work out, you rarely listen to me. I said I can go home." I blurted out of irritation and probably with the effect of the alcohol too. It was below the belt but I can't take it back now. She suddenly stopped and looked at me seriously this time, which made me gulp.

 

"We didn't work out because you're too insecure Minjeong." her words hit hard because it's true. But why did it sound like I'm the only one at fault here?

 

"Do you know why I'm insecure Jimin?" I asked her. She looked at me like I've grown two heads. She probably can't believe that I'm not walking away this time. Because the last time that we had an argument I walked out on her. If only I knew that meant losing her I would have stayed and worked it out with her. She probably has someone new but what do I have to lose now? Might as well get this over with so that I can finally move on from her. To say the things that I should have said that day when I walked out the door.

"I'm so insecure because you're just too beautiful Jimin." I looked at her the way that I always used to, I looked at her like she's the only one that mattered because it's the truth. 

"I'm insecure about myself because everytime we go out back then all eyes were on you. You're too beautiful that you don't even know it. I hated the fact that they were all staring at you, you were mine back then Jimin yet everytime we go out some guys even girls didn't respect that and still tried to hit on you." She's shocked right now, probably because I've never told her the reason why I'm always so jealous back then

"Even at work people send letters and flowers to you, you're too friendly that sometimes I hated it."

"Was it wrong to decline them politely?" she interrupted me.

"It wasn't Jimin. The problem was you rejected them yet they still pursue you over and over again knowing that you're already taken. You were too kind that they took advantage of it to the point that they neglected that you already have me. Did you know how I felt back then? I thought to myself "Why can't she use harsher words so they won't come at her again? Or was I even worthy of her?" I honestly told her.

"So you didn't trust me?" she said hurt visible in her eyes.

 

"It was them that I didn't trust Jimin." I calmly said because I can see tears forming on her eyes already.

 

Jimin's POV

This was her reason. All of the fights back then was because of insecurities and trust. I can feel the tears just waiting to fall but I tried my best to hold them.

 

"No Minjeong. You didn't trust me enough. Because if you did you would have known that I never entertained any of them. I never took home the flowers they got me nor the letters. I left the flowers at the office for decoration, the letters were always straight to the trash. I woke up next to you and went home to you every single day what was there to worry about? Tell me Minjeong!" right then and there my tears flowed because I can't hold them any longer.

 

"I'm sorry if I made you do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter