two.

change of heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Minjeong wakes up the next morning within the confines of her bed, tucked comfortably under her own fluffy blanket, she doesn’t think much of it. 

 

She’d attempt to shield her eyes from the sunlight streaming golden through the window— obviously unaccustomed to the brightness after rising from her slumber, a soft whine escaping her lips. 

 

For a moment, she’s trapped in a temporary dream-like state— almost surreal, as if she were floating. It gives her a sense of lightness, and she’d look around the room lazily, blinking away the hazy blur at the corners of her vision. 

 

Sitting up, she’d move to let her feet dangle off the foot of her bed, rubbing at her eyes.

 

Having sobered up a little bit, she basked ephemerally under the light streaming from the white shuttered window through the thin fabric of the linen sheet curtains, and it strikes her as weird. 

 

Because mornings usually don’t begin like this. 

 

They'd routinely start off with her phone alarm blaring loudly, a high-pitched groan escaping her lips as she'd attempt to shut off the god-awful ringing sound by playing blind-whack-a-mole with the device lying on top of her nightstand. 

 

Almost always failing to hit snooze, she’d start off the day glaring daggers at anything that would have had the audacity to even glance her way. 

 

But today was different, and she didn’t know why. 







 

 

 

Her “why” would be answered shortly as she stepped out of her room. 

 

Because if student council president Jimin was beautiful with her hair tied up in her signature trademark high ponytail with her uniform near creaseless, and a thin layer of makeup on her face, morning Jimin’s allure would have been near indescribable.

 

At this point, it was just unfair how her untamed hair had still managed to frame her face so perfectly— all haphazardly pushed back. There was the way she was leaning over the counter, arm propped under her chin as she took a sip from the rim of her coffee cup that left Minjeong absolutely starstruck. The older girl was clad in an oversized white tee, and her shorts had left her legs exposed for the blonde to witness. 

 

And now Minjeong just thinks that it should be illegal—  that nobody should be this fatally breathtaking. Her thoughts were once again rendered to complete mush, and they were quite comparable to a keyboard smash in a sense that she couldn't even comprehend what she was thinking. 

 

Kjsahdkhsajhdjdsahj

 

Well, that’s how she was most of the time around Yoo Jimin, but the older girl just keeps finding more and more ways to push her limits. It’s like a whole speedrun at this point; How fast can Yoo Jimin turn Kim Minjeong into a blushing, stammering fool? 

 

And the highest score was a half-second, not far behind at second place was a record standing at a very comfortable 0.6 seconds.

 

When Jimin finally notices Minjeong staring dumbly at her, the reserved, pensive expression on her face immediately twists into one of amusement, labial hills eroding to form one of hopeful joy. 

 

There was something in the way Jimin’s demeanor had become childlike that easily, and it’s such a contrast to how she usually is in every other situation. The youthful glow suited her, but really, the older girl could go up to Minjeong wearing a trashbag, and she would still be positively speechless. Yoo Jimin was just generally the closest thing to a physical manifestation of perfection in Minjeong’s head.

 

“Morning, sleepyhead.” The older girl teases, and gestures for the blonde to come closer. 

 

And Minjeong wonders why Jimin is being so sweet all of a sudden— and she’s not complaining at all, but usually this wasn’t how their dynamic would’ve gone. The younger girl was used to actively avoiding Jimin, and Jimin would only usually greet her politely and not bat an eye. There was always some tension, but the younger felt comfortable not initiating anything more intimate than that. 

 

But when the older girl looks at her as if she had hung the stars in the sky— with so much endearment and fondness, and the softest gaze ever, knots start forming in the pit of her stomach. She has to inhale deeply through her nose, because all of a sudden, it was kind of difficult to breathe. 

 

She has to count in her head to steady her breathing; one, two, three. four— And wow, Jimin’s smile is so beautiful and— wait, what number was she at?

 

“No thanks, ah—” Minjeong brought a hand to rub the back of her head, her voice coming out as a low mutter due to her train of thought and all of a sudden, she can’t seem to look at Jimin in the eye. (but really, that wasn’t new) “I’m good ..here.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter