Undeniable Attraction

Wasn't Expecting That
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo’s ed. He’s late, the elevator is taking too long. His classes went on until late last night and he overslept. It’s a Monday and Mr. Kim works early every Monday. He’s been working for 5 months there already and SooHyun is already 8 months, the boy’s a gem. He began crawling before he turned 6 months, surprising Kyungsoo to the point that he squealed too much, making Mr. Kim run out of his home office to see what the commotion is all about only to find Kyungsoo taking a video of SooHyun crawling on his own. 

 

They had a little celebration during SooHyun’s 6th month, Kyungsoo was present as well as Mr. Lee because who would miss that day? Even Mr. Kim canceled his appointments to celebrate it. Right now there’s an ongoing battle between the father and son. Since SooHyun could already utter and piece together vowels and consonants, his dad has been trying to urge him to call him out, he already gave up with daddy, went with papa, Jongin, Nini and everything that he can ask his child but little SooHyun is naughty and teases his father with every unintelligible word that he can say, giggling when he sees his father sigh in frustration. 

 

“I am so sorry, Mr. K---”

 

Kyungsoo was cut off with a shush and a wave. “He just took a nap, no worries. Next time, text my secretary” Mr. Kim says without looking at him. SooHyun fell asleep on his arms again and honestly Kyungsoo wonders just how comfortable Mr. Kim’s arms are because SooHyun barely falls asleep in Kyungsoo’s arms. 

 

“My classes..I-I’m sorry Mr. Kim” he frowns and looks at the plush carpet that he’s stepping on. 

 

It’s been 5 months but Mr. Kim is still...why is Mr. Kim...ugh. He doesn’t even want to think why Mr. Kim keeps on bothering his mind. It’s not like they interact a lot, they briefly see each other let alone TALK. The last time Kyungsoo talked to him was when he explained the activities that Mr. Kim can do with SooHyun during the weekends. 

 

“Your classes have been running late these past few days, do you want to take some time off?” Mr. Kim asks after he puts SooHyun down on his crib. He quietly slides the door, leaving a space before he walks to the living room with Kyungsoo. 

 

Kyungsoo glares at Mr. Kim’s back, wow his back though, it looks so broad and strong and--Kyungsoo what the , he snaps out of it and finds Mr. Kim staring back at him. “Huh? I mean, no..it’s just that final exams are coming up so I’m getting ready for it” Kyungsoo answers, willing himself to act properly and not like a fool. 

 

“How far is university?” Mr. Kim asks, motioning him to take a seat. He picks up his coffee that’s next to the empty milk bottle of SooHyun. 

 

Kyungsoo takes the empty bottle, wondering if he should wash and sterilized it now before answering, “It’s just one bus ride from here”

 

“And going home?” Mr. Kim asks and Kyungsoo is wondering why they’re actually talking about this. Mr. Kim should be working, not hanging out with the babysitter but Kyungsoo can’t help but admire his voice, it’s so beautiful and he wants to melt but he can’t so he answers, “A train ride and bus”

 

The next words that came out of Mr. Kim’s mouth is something that Kyungsoo never expected, not now, definitely not ever. “You can stay in the guest room if you want” the older man says, glancing at his watch before turning his gaze to Kyungsoo. 

 

“Ye-no-what?” Kyungsoo stupidly says, too distracted by the beautiful brown eyes that’s waiting for a proper answer. He hears Mr. Kim sigh before shaking his head a little. “The guest room, your things are there right? If it’s more convenient for you, you can stay here so you don’t have to travel far. I’ll tell Mr. Lee to inform the driver to pick you up after your classes as well” Mr. Kim says with finality and finally his words sink in. 

 

“Y-You don’t have to, Mr. Kim” Kyungsoo says shyly, he doesn’t want to impose. Mr. Kim is also generous enough and his work here isn’t that hard anyway. He doesn’t have to stay-in, he just watches SooHyun during the day anyway. His classes are all in the afternoon to night. Besides, the last day of his finals is also the last day of his Spring Semester, he’ll be free as a bird again.

 

“Jongin, it’s Jongin. You make me sound too old. I’m just 5 years older than you. You can call me hyung if you’re uncomfortable”

 

“H-hyung?” Kyungsoo blurts out, eyes widening in surprise. How can he call THE KIM JONGIN, hyung?! Is he crazy???????? IS MR. KIM OUT OF HIS MIND?!

 

Mr. Kim an eyebrow at him and Kyungsoo almost curses at the man because why in the world was he given such a beautiful face, everything he does is so attractive. “Do you stutter a lot?” Mr. Kim asks with an amused smirk gracing his lips, his wonderful lips, is he gay? Because Kyungsoo is, not that it matters. BUT HE STILL WANTS TO ASK.

 

Only in front of a stupidly handsome man he thinks but when he hears a chuckle coming from the man, Kyungsoo mentally curses himself for saying it out loud. “I mean, I don’t stutter that much Mr. K--Jongin hyung” he says, the name instantly sent chills to his spine. 

 

“Good boy, let me know if you need anything. And think about what I suggested. I have a trip in a few days and you have to stay in anyway. I’ll be in my office. There’s breakfast in the kitchen, help yourself” Mr. Kim says as he picks up his coffee again and heads to his office. Kyungsoo unintelligibly spurts out words worse than SooHyun, staring at the broad back of the CEO, he probably has a praise kink and Mr. Kim just made it worse. 



 

Kyungsoo’s at the kitchen preparing his meal and SooHyun’s when the baby monitor picks up a sound. He hurriedly turns off the stove and walks to the nursery where he finds little Soo sitting and picking at the ribbons of the bed padding. “Hey little Soo” he greets with a small smile, immediately capturing the attention of the young boy. 

 

“Babababa!!” SooHyun says loudly, holding out his arms towards Kyungsoo. The older picks up the baby and places a kiss on top of his forehead. “I know, SooHyun is cute, right?” he cutely asks, making the baby giggle, leaning forward to place a very wet kiss on his cheek. 

 

“You’re lucky you’re cute because I don’t like messy kisses. Come on, I prepared your lunch. Do you think your dad wants some as well? I prepared too much and I think he wants chicken too?” he mumbles as if the baby will answer him.

 

He places SooHyun on his highchair, strapping him in before giving him his baby spoon. “Baba!!!” the baby screams before he bursts out in giggles.

 

Kyungsoo chuckles at him, really surprised at how energetic he is when he just woke up. “You should call him Daddy, listen to me carefully Daddy or Papa, Pah-pah” Kyungsoo must’ve looked stupid because SooHyun just laughs at him, slamming his baby spoon on his high chair out of joy. 

 

“You brat. Stop laughing at me, I’ll be the one laughing if I end up being your dada” he whispers quietly.

 

SooHyun is playing with his food, yes the little monster loves chicken and strawberries but if he’s full, he tends to offer the food to Kyungsoo who willingly accepts it the first few times before he realizes that he’s being tricked by the little monster. “I’m going to tell your Daddy!” he groans, pushing away the strawberry that SooHyun was offering him. 

 

“What’s going on?”

 

“Ah! Daddy! MR. KIM! DON’T SNEAK UP ON ME LIKE THAT” Kyungsoo almost yells, waiting for his heart to calm down because Mr. Kim suddenly appeared behind him. 

 

Mr. Kim who’s standing next to SooHyun bends down and accepts the strawberry from his son, making the little one clap in delight. Kyungsoo slightly glares at SooHyun who sticks his tongue out before giggling again. He’s lucky he’s so cute!

 

“I thought we talked about the way you address me?” Mr. Kim asks, narrowing his eyes at Kyungsoo before looking at SooHyun who is offering a slice of his chicken. 

 

“Uhh, sorry Jongin hyung… I-I prepared lunch, do you want some?” Kyungsoo offers lightly, hoping that the CEO forgot the yelling. 

 

The CEO looks at him with a smirk forming on his plush lips. “Ah, I thought I heard you call me daddy, a pity” he says after he washed his hands. 

 

“W-what! No! Are you crazy!?” Kyungsoo blurts out, slapping his mouth immediately after he realizes that he just called his boss crazy. He hurriedly plates the dish before offering it to the CEO who thanked him. 

 

It’s the first time the man came out for a meal. He usually eats his meal inside the office and checks SooHyun from time to time but he never stays this long to eat with them. “I was thinking of going out later and buy some clothes for SooHyun, do you want to come with us?” Mr. Kim asks, offering a bite of the strawberry to SooHyun who accepts it. The little monster didn’t even notice that his dad tricked him into eating more so Kyungsoo smirks at the baby. 

 

“Me? What? But?” Kyungsoo asks in confusion. He resumes eating, a bit confused at the offer. He had to sign a non-disclosure agreement for this but now Mr. Kim’s just suddenly okay with it?

 

Mr. Kim chuckles softly and shakes his head. “It’s alright. He’s turning a year old anyway, it’s time to announce him soon. I’m just being selfish right now, I don’t want to share him right now that’s why I’m keeping it private” he smiles at SooHyun who grabs his finger to bite it. 

 

“They might misunderstand...me?” Kyungsoo points out as if it’s the most obvious thing to think about. 

 

“Are you worried about that?” Mr. Kim asks nonchalantly, not a hint of worry in his voice. 

 

Kyungsoo frowns at his plate, is this a trick question? Isn’t he worried about it? “Yes..No? Are you?” he asks back. He honestly has a crush on the CEO but that’s as far as it can get, a harmless crush. 

 

Mr. Kim shrugs in answer, “Well we aren’t hiding anything, why should I be worried?”

 

“Right! Uhm, okay! I have classes though so maybe next time?” Kyungsoo offers before he stands up to clear his dishes. Today, he learns that disappointment tastes bitter or maybe it’s just his food. 


 

--


 

"Am I pushy?" Jongin asks his secretary. They're on their way back to Seoul since he had to go to a meeting in Japan for four days. 

 

Mr. Lee looks at him with an unreadable expression before shaking his head lightly. "You matured really fast. I don't think you enjoyed your youth properly. You're a CEO, everyone expects you to be something and everything" 

 

He sighs at that answer, he's tired and he feels like he aged fifty plus years after this whole week. "I want to take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter