Chapter 5

I don't hate you too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: this chapter was originally so much longer because I've been away with 0 updates for sooo long, but I decided to just cut it into two. at least, y'all are sure I already have most of the next chapter written, right? 😁 anyways, it seems the story will take 2 more chapters and that's it.. then maybe an epilogue? who knows? even I don't know! 😅 thank you for staying interested in this story. really sorry I made you all wait for a while. don't worry, from here on there will be more friendly and more friendlier Kkubi interactions now. 🤭

again, thanks for your patience ❤

p.s: lots of talking in this chapter so forgive me for all the spaces! 🙏

 

"Look at these unnies. They have become so lifeless." Yuri comments before she takes a bite of her dumpling. She and Yena can plainly see the sadness from both Eunbi and Sakura as they barely eat their food.

 

"I didn't expect Chaeyeon's absence would have this much effect on them. This is literally the first time in years I'm seeing them sit right next to each other, and not by force!" Yena adds as she continues to observe the spectacle in front of her.

 

Yena wanted to uplift her two friends and told Yuri about it. The younger girl suggested taking Eunbi and Sakura to eat lunch with them. At first, Yena thought that was impossible. But remembering what took place early in the day, she took a shot at it. To both her delight and shock, Eunbi and Sakura agreed.

 

Sakura suddenly stood up. "I'm going to get myself a drink. Does anyone want one?"

 

"I'm good. Thanks, unnie." Yena answers and lifts up her water tumbler. Yuri doesn't answer but she does the same with her canned iced tea and she smiles at Sakura.

 

Then, Sakura turns to Eunbi. "I'll get you your Sprite. Bottled or canned?"

 

Sighs. "With Chaeyeon not around, I think I'll have Pepsi Zero. Bottled or canned... Doesn’t really matter.. anymore."

 

"You know, now that you mentioned that, I guess I'll have the same thing."

 

"Thanks." Eunbi says impassively and goes back to eating (prodding) her lunch.

 

Sakura nods and slowly turns to walk away. She heaves a deep sigh before dragging her feet in clear display of her dejection.

 

Yena and Yuri look at each other. But Yena is frozen and gaping in awe at the exchange she witnessed. On the other hand, Yuri is sporting a somewhat amused smile, and feeds Yena the dumpling on her chopsticks.



Later that day just a few minutes before their shift ended, Minjoo dropped by to inform Yuri about something.

 

"CEO Kang and Chaeyeon unnie will both be away for the rest of this week…”

 

(Eunbi and Sakura) "WHAT?!

(Eunbi) I can't believe it..

(Sakura) For the whole week?!

(Eunbi and Sakura) UGH!"

 

"Why are they reacting so negatively though?” Minjoo blinks a few times in her usual clueless fashion. “Anyways, Yuri, I unfortunately have some little bit of extra work for you to accomplish, asap…”

 

Yuri’s face initially turns into a shocked hamster expression.

 

“CEO Kang has.. uhm… Asked for you to reschedule a few meetings she was supposed to attend this week. And so, Chaeyeon unnie is going to send you an email as soon as she can, with all the necessary details for rescheduling."

 

In contrast though, Yuri smirks. "You really meant to say Hyewon unnie told you, right? Because she doesn’t have to ask. I will gladly do anything for her!”

 

"Oh. So, the CEO was right. You are going to be delighted.”

 

“Of course, that's not a problem! For Hyewon unnie it will always be my pleasure! Thanks, Minjoo!"

 

“How weird.”

 

Pfft! 'I told you we’re close–enough to even know I’d react this way.”

 

“I think the CEO just knows how weird enough you are that you would be delighted with more work.”

 

“You know, for someone known in ENOZI as ‘Minjoo Angel,’ you’re so mean to me.”

 

“Well, I'm going ahead now. Thank you, Yuri."

 

“You're welcome and goodbye, Mean-joo. Be careful on your way home.”

 

"Minjoo, wait for me~!" Chaewon sing-songs as she tries to quickly put on her coat and take her bag. Eunbi, Sakura and Yena turn their chairs after hearing her unusual tone. But Chaewon turns back again to her desk to check herself through a small mirror.

 

Chaewon was about to greet her unnies goodbye, unexpecting responses. But when she turns, is surprised that they are all actually staring at her.

 

"Oh! Uhm.. goodbye unnies. Bowing. I'm heading out first. Awkwardly smiling and waving her hands. Get home safely!" Runs out.

 

"They are definitely going on a date." Eunbi flatly remarks.

 

"On a Monday night too. Lucky them." Sakura adds.

 

Eunbi and Sakura sigh deeply in unison and simultaneously turn back to their desks.

 

Yena, who was situated in between them, was speechless and silently astounded for a few seconds. She finally stands up to get ready to head out too.



"Let's go?" Yuri asks.

 

Yena was looking at her friends' backs and her arms crossed in front of chest, lips pouting in deep contemplation.

 

"They have changed."

 

"Are you worried?"

 

"I don't think it's that. I don't really know what this feeling is. But, I'm supposed to be happy, right? They are finally talking to each other."

 

"Well, if you're thinking about the bet..." Yuri sniggers.

 

"Yuri…" Yena whines out. She didn't need the reminder.

 

"I'm sorry! Come on, let's go do something you want. You know, at least let's celebrate this progress as their friends." She tugs on Yena's arm.

 

"Okay." Yena's pout turns into a shy smile.

 

But before they go...

 

"We're heading out now!" Yena calls out to Eunbi and Sakura, but the two don't budge.

 

"Goodbye!" Yuri adds, trying to coax a response.

 

(Eunbi and Sakura) "Okay, goodbye!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter