Second Part

Assassinate My Heart

Kim Dahyun, a 19-year-old, Bachelor of Music student at IDOL University. In her childhood, she was labeled as a Child prodigy for her talent in piano. Dahyun had a perfect pitch, she can play something just by hearing it. She puts her soul into her every play, she and her piece become one.

 

Dahyun were scouted by a lot of A&R Representative from Italy, France, and Germany however she rejected it all. Music is her life, her everything, she doesn’t want her music to sound something she was not comfortable to play. Dahyun’s parents were supportive of her. If Dahyun doesn’t want to study abroad, then they won’t push it further.

 

If Dahyun wants to lock herself up into her room, then they won’t bother her. They home-schooled her so she could focus on playing piano while learning new things.

 

Dahyun was expressive. If she’s happy, sad, angry, you’ll know it by the music she plays.

 

When she finished high school, she decided to surprise her parents by enrolling for Bachelor of Music on a famous University, which was successful enough to make her parents cry in happiness. It was not purely for them, Dahyun also wanted to explore more, she wanted to meet people who have the same interest as her. She was thrilled to the new experiences she’ll gain, she believed it will help her music as well. Her parents were proud to see her off.

 

One day, Dahyun was on her way home. Smiling from ear to ear. She met a new friend named Chaeyoung. They joined into an Archery club together, had lunch together, hang-out after class. Dahyun wanted to share this news to her parents. She knew they will be thrilled to meet her friend as well.

 

“Mark, Where’s Mama and Papa?” Dahyun asked one of their servants when she noticed that her parents were not home. Dahyun knew that her parents should be here, they promised her that they will be there, because they will buy another music sheets.

 

“I do not know Miss. Sorry” Mark bowed. Dahyun gave him a thumbs up and thanks him.

 

Dahyun waited.

 

9pm. Her parents are still not home. Dahyun was waiting outside, sitting on a wooden chair. It was a chilly night, she hummed into a random song that she thinks fit.

 

11pm. They are still not there. Dahyun starts to get worried for them, they never come home late.

 

“Dahyun-ah” Dahyun looked up and saw her father and mother, smiling to her.

 

“Why are you here? Aren’t you cold?” Dahyun shook her head. Her parents then, sits beside her. Her mother on her right side and her father on the left.

 

“Dahyun, I am very proud of you. You knew that right?” Her mother asked her, she nodded.

 

“Can you play for us some other time? The one your mother and I used to dance.” Dahyun nodded again. Dahyun could always play whatever her parents request, she’d always be glad to do so.

 

Her parents now stood up. “We love you Dahyun-ah, remember that” Dahyun smiled at her parents who is currently smiling back at her.

 

Dahyun wanted to say it back to them, but no words were heard. She wanted to hug her parents but she can’t move. No matter what she’s trying to do, her body won’t respond. She wants to cry, what is happening to me?

 

She looked up but her parents are not there anymore.

 

“Mom!!” Dahyun shouted. She woke up. It’s already morning. The ray of the sun is hitting on her face. She didn’t know, she slept outside. Her parents would scold at her for sure.

 

Dahyun entered the house and was greeted by one of their maids.

 

“What time did my parents come home?” She asked.

 

“They aren’t still home Miss”

 

Dahyun waited again however, this time she is inside of their house. She was at the front door. She decided to skip class for today to wait.

 

A knock was heard. Dahyun happily opened it but it’s just a police officer.

 

“Good morning officer. However, if you are looking for my parents, they aren’t home yet. You could wait if you wanted to” Dahyun gladly offered

 

“Actually, this is about your parents. Mister and Missis Kim, right?”

 

Dahyun nodded. What did her parents do, are they getting arrested?

 

“I do not know how to say this, but you deserve to know”

 

Dahyun wondered. She’s thinking of offering the officer a very large amount of money to bail her parents.

 

“How much?” Dahyun proposed hesitantly. She is scared. Maybe she’ll get arrested as well for this. For her parents, she is willing to risk it all.

 

The officer just gave her a puzzled look. So, Dahyun was confused as well

 

“Aren’t you going to arrest them? I could bail them. Don’t take them away… Please”

 

The officer gave her a pitiful look. She doesn’t mind the stare as long as it works.

 

It will, right? She wished.

 

“Miss Kim. Your parents…” The officer gave her a pat on her shoulder

 

“Are found dead yesterday”

 

Dahyun’s eyes were widened. Lips are parted with each other. It was too much for her to absorb everything.

 

“We are deeply sorry. Please come by at **** Hospital to see them. For details of the crime, we’ll send you an update” The officer bowed and left Dahyun alone.

 

It takes a minute for Dahyun finally snapped. Her knees felt weak that it collapsed, she breaks down on the floor. Her eyes can’t see anything except for the tears that are blocking the view, it can’t stop from flowing. Her ears can hear a music, a music of pain and distress from her sobs.

 

Dahyun came to the hospital to confirm if it was really her parents. She’s at the morgue, in front of a two black body bag. She used to hear a mixed music of happiness and sadness whenever she’s at a funeral. But as she opens the bag, it was indeed her beloved mother and father. Then she wondered why do she hears nothing. It’s DEAD SILENCE.

 

She back away. Feeling dizzy at the feeling.

 

Why can’t I hear anything!!?

 

She felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked up and saw a nurse murmuring something but she can’t hear it.

 

“WHAT IS HAPPENING!!? WHY CAN’T I HEAR ANYTHING!!?” Dahyun screams in terror. Dahyun covered her ears while crying loudly. The nurse earlier is trying to calm her but she still can’t hear what she is trying to say.

 

When Dahyun got home, it felt empty. She felt empty. She went to near to her piano and touches its edges. It felt cold into her hands. It felt foreign to her. She sat down and breathe deeply. She started to hit the keys but no sound is coming out. She can’t hear it. She can’t feel it.

She started to hit random keys. Harder. Harder. She is dropping a fist on her piano.

 

“WHY AREN’T YOU MAKING ANY SOUNDS!!!?” Dahyun cried.

 

During her parents’ funeral, she stayed in the music room. Torn music sheets are scattered everywhere. Dahyun is at the corner, reading a sheet she can’t seems to understand anymore. It is one of her favorites before. The feeling of happiness and satisfaction it once brought to her and family, she can’t see it anymore.

 

Chaeyoung entered the music room. Though, nobody is allowed to enter there except for the Kim residence, Chaeyoung still had her ways to snuck in. Chaeyoung fool the maids and servants that are guarding near it.

 

Dahyun felt another presence so she looked up, but was somehow disappointed. She was used to see either her mother, father or both of them who is smiling at her proudly whenever the door of the music room was opened. But all she sees is a short blond girl with pity on her eyes.

 

Chaeyoung squat down near her and say something, which Dahyun assumed that was supposed to comfort her. Dahyun tilted her head and wonders if would she feel okay if she could hear whatever flattering words Chaeyoung was blabbering.

 

“Chaeyoung…” Chaeyoung stopped from talking and eyed Dahyun, waiting for anything.

 

“I can’t hear you Chae… My ears… It can’t hear anymore” Dahyun’s tear started to flow again. It was blurry for Dahyun’s eyes but she could feel Chaeyoung’s surprise.

 

Chaeyoung stood up and walked away. Dahyun’s tear started to flow more heavily. She rested her head on her arms to cry there. Why is everyone leaving me?

 

She was wrong. She felt a tap. Dahyun saw Chaeyoung again, now holding one of her torn music sheets. She showed it to her.

 

Dahyun can’t understand the notes anymore but the blank ink that has been used by Chaeyoung to write understood clearly by her heart. It says, “I’m here for you”. Dahyun hugged Chaeyoung.

 

Dahyun was now sure, even if she can’t hear, her friend can still give her a support she needed.

 

A day after the burial. Jinyoung, her uncle from her mother side, visited her. He keeps on saying things, happily yet angrily. Dahyun can’t comprehend his emotions. She was not having it so she signals Mark to talk to him. Mark told Jinyoung Dahyun’s temporary condition.

 

Jinyoung looked Dahyun up and down before taking his leave.

 

WHAT A CREEPER Dahyun notes

 

Dahyun is still going to school. The teachers know her condition so they provide Dahyun a reading material that contains the lesson for that day. Chaeyoung is helping Dahyun by communicating with her through writing notes for her. This is how her freshman year, revolved.

 

So, when it was her sophomore year, she is decided to drop out on the University already. She can’t put anymore burden to her friend and teachers. Though, she showed that despite her situation, she still can excell in all of her classes.

 

She could still perform by using her muscle memory yet Dahyun chooses not to continue wherever she’s at the middle of the song. They thought that maybe Dahyun just doesn’t know on what note she’s playing but the truth is Dahyun just feel empty. Music is not really a music without any feelings, it just sound. A very annoying noise.

 

After Dahyun had visited her parents grave for their death anniversary, she decided to handle her transcript and talk to the school’s admin. She walked around the school grounds. It could be her last time setting foot on it. Her last stop is on their school’s court. She sat on one of the benches.

 

Thinking of her parents sitting on where she is. Imagining that her parents are cheering for her as she was actively playing on the field for some events. She’s imagining the banners they could have bought with them. If who will be the first to hug her and congratulates her for winning.

 

It was cut off when a random girl spoke, “Hey. Can I offer you this chocolate?”

 

Chocolates? It has been a year since the last time I’d eaten some. She handed it to me, kind of harsh but okay. Wait…

 

I looked up at the one who spoke, checking her out.

 

An angel. She is a very beautiful person. She must have been sent by my parents to pick me up. But I am not ready yet. I think.

 

“I am new here, And I was wondering if what is your current program” The angel spoke again.

 

Wait... New? Program? I… I can hear her…

 

“Bachelor in Music” I said.

 

I can hear my own voice too. What’s happening? Did this angel cure me? Dahyun freaked out in her mind.

 

“Oh! What a coincidence, Me too.” Dahyun just nodded as a response. Dahyun closed her eyes. She thinks that it was all a dream, maybe it was. Maybe she was still sleeping. Dahyun counted to 3 into her head and hopes to woke up on the day her parents are still alive.

 

1… 2… Please work… 3…

It didn’t. Dahyun opens her eyes and still saw the same girl and she was still on the school’s field. Dahyun stood up and go over to her friend to share the news that she can now hear again.

 

“Chaeyoung!!!” Dahyun cried

 

“Dahyun? Why are you crying? Are you okay? Is there ---” Chaeyoung realized that maybe her friend didn’t hear it so she pulled her notebook and wrote “Are you okay?” in a very quick pace, not minding her awful writing.

 

Dahyun hugged her. “I can hear again!!”

 

Chaeyoung pulled herself from the hug. Shock was evident in her eyes. Tears are flowing into her eyes as well, too happy that her friend can finally hear again. That she is seeing her friend smiling again after a long time.

 

Dahyun told Chaeyoung everything that happened. Dahyun also described the woman she just met that caused her to realize that she can hear again. Chaeyoung had a knowing-smile at her friend, she knows Dahyun might like this girl based on how she describes her.

 

“Where is she now? What’s her name? Did you get her number or something?” Chaeyoung ask, curious and teasing.

 

“I don’t know Chae. I just left” Dahyun scratched her head. She never thought of asking. Her mind went blank. Who wouldn’t right? Having your hearing back and meeting an angel will definitely stun you.

 

“If you’re destined then maybe you’ll meet again soon” Chaeyoung said and smiled at her friend. She’s grateful to that Angel.

 

The following day, Dahyun finally come in to the class. She frowned to see that the front seats are all occupied. When Chaeyoung spotted her, she guided her to the seat beside her at the last row.

 

“It’s fun here too. You could see the outstanding view outside. It sometimes inspired me in my arts” Chaeyoung explained to her friend. Dahyun’s frown changed into an eye-smile. Happy to have Chaeyoung as her friend.

 

Chaeyoung didn’t lie when she said it’s fun here. Dahyun is now looking at the window, enjoying the sight of flowers swaying at the touch of the warm breeze, the sun lighting them just right. Dahyun hummed a song about blooming flowers her parents used to sing to her during spring season.

 

Chaeyoung enjoyed Dahyun’s humming. It was just like before. So, when the hummed stopped, she peaked over to see the reason. There she saw Dahyun on a peaceful mode, sleeping. Chaeyoung smiled, “This view is better”

 

A new student was introduced to them and Chaeyoung easily recognized that face. It was Dahyun’s angel. She was 90% sure, the way Dahyun paint the girl in Chaeyoung’s mind is the exact face of the newcomer.

 

Mina offered Chaeyoung a money to exchange sit with her. She didn’t hesitate to move. Chaeyoung is sure that this idea will benefit her friend sooner. “Be good to her. Please be the person who’ll fix her, the thing I wish I had the capability to do.” Chaeyoung said to Mina in her mind with an aching and accepting heart.

 

When Dahyun woke up from her slumber, she realized that she slept on the class. She turned around to ask Chaeyoung for her notes and hear what she missed. But it didn’t show any small blond girl, instead a sleeping angel. Dahyun rested her head into the arm rest like the angel and she stares at her features, going through every detail on her face. Dahyun was about to reached to touch the little strand of the angel’s hair that is blocking her face but the bell clang and Dahyun snapped and immediately exited the room.

------

January 3, 2018

 

Dahyun is happy at the atmosphere of her music room. Ecstatic to be precise.

 

Ever since the burial of her parents, she never entered there again. So, when Mina requested her to play something to her, she had no choice but to stepped in again. To her surprise, the memories of her torn musical sheets, the pain of not hearing the sounds of her piano, it wasn’t there anymore. All she sees is Mina with an expectant eye and proud smile just like what her parents gave her.

 

Dahyun was just randomly pressing different kind of notes but somehow it produces a lively melody. For Dahyun, the real music in her ear is the laughter she is sharing with Mina, who is currently dancing in a very adorably dorky way.

 

The music suddenly stopped when Dahyun caught Mina as she stumbles herself on an unknown reason. They stare each other for too long, matching their skipping heartbeats.

 

“It’s getting late Dahyunnie, I think I should go home, we have classes again starting tomorrow” Mina said as Dahyun let go of her.

 

Do you not want to be here anymore?” Dahyun pouted as she whines and Mina can’t help to giggle at the cuteness.

 

“Stop it Hyun” Mina warned.

 

“Stop what Minari?” Dahyun challenged, still pouting with her eyebrows raised.

 

“Don’t blame me for this. I did warn you”

 

Dahyun was about to rebate again but Mina pushed her that caused her to sit into the piano chair, then Mina bent down to place a kiss. Dahyun automatically close her eyes and her hands make its way to Mina’s nape slowly.

 

Mina broke off the kiss to straddle on Dahyun’s lap. Dahyun gulped at Mina’s action. Dahyun then placed her arms on Mina’s waist.

 

“You are getting addictive to this, you know” Dahyun interjected.

 

It was not wrong. Ever since they shared their first kiss, Mina would find an opportunity to plant kisses on Dahyun’s face. Dahyun would be lying if she says, she didn’t like it because she did. She even anticipates for it every time Mina is around.

 

Mina pecked the unguarded Dahyun

 

“I am not addicted to this. I am addicted to you” Mina said confidently and pecked again Dahyun’s lips. Dahyun’s heart soften, too soft that it started to ache in a good way, more pleasurable. It made her smile. Dahyun think she’s the one getting more addicted to Minari.

 

“Really? No more kisses then?” Dahyun wriggles her eyebrow, teasing the older girl.

 

“Can you handle that?” Mina smirked then Dahyun’s hair on her nape gently.

 

“Can you?” Dahyun smirked back. Mina is good, but maybe Dahyun is better at this.

 

Dahyun entered her hand inside Mina’s shirt. The coldness of Dahyun’s hand make Mina shivers up to her core, though it was getting warmer each second.

 

“Of course… I can’t” Mina almost moaned at the action

 

They are both feeling feverish. Mina who was still on Dahyun’s lap, can’t take it anymore and leaned again to kiss Dahyun. More passionate this time. Dahyun responded with the same intensity, feeling the heat all over her body. Getting hypnotized and drunk. The kiss is getting harder, deeper.

 

Dahyun started to move her hands that is under Mina’s button shirt. She caresses the older girl’s side, which caused the girl to moan in between their kisses. This added to Dahyun’s fuel of desire. Dahyun pulled away and stare at Mina’s soul. Both eyes are filled with passion, lust, and love at the same time. It was beautiful.

 

Missing Dahyun’s on her, Mina pushed Dahyun’s head back at her. But instead of crashing of lips, Dahyun trailed kisses on her jaw lines then on Mina’s neck. Mina loved the sensation Dahyun made her feel for the first time. The rush. Mina tilted her neck a bit, to give more access to Dahyun to pamper with kisses. When Dahyun hitted a soft spot, she focused on that. Making Mina bit her lips and whimper on Dahyun’s ear, holding tightly on Dahyun’s back.

 

“Da..Hyun...” Mina tried to utter, but instead of replying, Dahyun bit Mina’s neck gently and then on it. Mina moans to it. Dahyun who was not in herself anymore, kissed Mina downwards. Leaving a chaste kiss on Mina’s collarbone. Dahyun removed her hand on Mina to the shirt. Giving her more access downward.

 

Dahyun was on Mina’s upper chest when the both jolted as they hear a very sharp untuned key echoed in the room. This is when Mina accidentally slam her hands at the piano for support as she inclined herself.

 

They both feel embarrassed now, unable to continue it.

 

“I think this is enough for today. I’ll see you tomorrow?” Dahyun said while facing on the other side. Mina sighed and pecked Dahyun’s cheek and bid her goodbye. She buttoned her shirt again and exited the room.

 

“DAMN THIS HAND” Mina said as she lay on her bed

 

“DAMN MY PIANO” Dahyun said as she closes her eye lid

 

Both of them slept hot and bothered as they think of what happen.

-------

February 14, 2018

 

Love is in the air. But for Dahyun, love is already on her side. She’s sure of this. Before, her world revolves on music and her parents. But now, her favorite sounds are the laugh of this person beside her. Her favorite view becomes this angel in disguise.

 

Class isn’t suspended so Dahyun invited Mina on a late-night date at the coast nearby their town which Mina accepted happily. Dahyun avoided to ask Mina again on her house or avoid going to theirs. She just can’t stop thinking about what happen last month. Dahyun thinks she may totally lose control next time no matter what disturbs them.

 

After class, a male student came to the couple and gave Dahyun 3 red roses. Mina arched an eyebrow at him which caused him to flinch and ran away. Dahyun giggled. She did not expect to receive letters and chocolates, just a little more to Mina. Mina was a lowkey student after all unlike Dahyun who is the school prodigy.

 

“Are you that happy Dahyunnie?” Mina looked serious and scary with her firm voice. Moreover, it was still adorable in Dahyun’s eye.

 

“I am, but not because of this” Dahyun lifted the chocolates, flowers, and letters she received as she walked outside their room. “But because you are with me”. Mina quickens her pace with a flustered face. Dahyun tried to catch up with her.

 

They met around 8pm, strolling hand in hand. It was nice and relaxing. Dahyun expected her first valentines to be fun before but this is better. The view, the stars, the Moon, the sea, the sand on her feet, and her love Mina. It was all perfect.

 

They put up a picnic blanket on the shore, lit up a little bonfire with a safe distance at them, and settled themselves there. Dahyun also brought foods for them to enjoy. Pizza, Drinks, Chicken, and chocolates. Mina suddenly throw a fit when she realized those were from Dahyun’s admirers.

 

“Why did you have to bring those chocolates they gave you? We could have bought new ones” Mina pouted angrily at Dahyun.

 

“It’s such a waste to throw this out. Besides, nothing can top my favorite chocolate in the world” Dahyun defended. Mina looked at her confusingly

 

“Mina. Did you know that I lost my hearing once?” Dahyun smiled painfully while asking this to Mina.

 

“You did? Why? What happen?” Concern was visible on Mina’s tone and eyes. Mina’s jealousy subsides instantly.

 

“I lost my parents when I was 18. Then, suddenly I just can’t hear anything”

 

Mina stayed silent

 

“A year after that, I met you” Mina’s eyes widened, confused.

 

“I thought my parents send me an angel to take me with them, but then I realized you were a real person who just have an angel-face” Dahyun teased Mina. Mina with a red cheek just giggled. Mina is used to that compliment but it feels great coming out of Dahyun’s mouth.

 

“I regain my hearing because of you” Dahyun noticed Mina’s confused reaction so she continued.

 

“I don’t know too Minari. But the day you offered me those chocolates, it was the first time I heard a sound again, the first time in those years that I felt alive again.” Mina remembered that day, clearly as day.

 

“And no chocolate could top those chocolates. Not even any ordinary Twix and KitKat, because the one you gave me is unique and filled me with hope” Mina cried.

 

Mina was glad it helped Dahyun but at the same time she felt guilty. Mina can’t and shouldn’t keep telling lies. This may be their last date, who cares, Dahyun didn’t deserve it.

 

“Unnie! You don’t have to cry! I didn’t mean it! I just wanted to clear that the chocolates that came from you are the best!!” Dahyun exclaimed, explaining to the crying older girl

 

“I know… Dahyunnie, did you also know I lied?” Mina calm down a bit, trying to read Dahyun. As she expected Dahyun is at the midst of processing things.

 

“What do you mean Mina? Was this all a lie?” Dahyun heart sank at the thinking that everything that had happen to her for almost a year is just a lie.

 

“No. But not everything is the truth either. I am not who you think I am Dahyun.”

 

Dahyun was confused, she didn’t get anything. Dahyun wanted to run and cry. DAMN THE CHOCOLATE STORIES.

 

“Will you let me introduce myself again?”

 

Dahyun nodded though she was nervous as hell

 

“I am a bookshop owner Hyun. I lived far away from here, at an almost ghost town. I lived alone. I hated my Father so I did my best to get away from him. He’s the worst. He kills people, hundreds of them.” Mina paused and looked at Dahyun sadly. She exhaled heavily.

 

“And I do too. And I am here for you.” Mina continued with tears on the corner of her eye.

 

“For me?? What do you mean?” Dahyun is scared, terrified at the new knowledge. What is even real? Her head is spinning.

 

“I was sent here to befriend you. Those chocolates are meant to lure you, to make you like me. And when you do, I’ll have you wrap on my fingertips… Then make you sign a contract then I hate to…” Mina can’t continue without breaking down. Mina’s eyes are now flooded, her hands are covering her weeping face.

 

“To kill me?” Dahyun swallowed air hard before asking this. Mina nodded.

 

“How much more time do I have Unnie?” Dahyun looked at Mina with sad eyes.

 

“’Till you’re 21… I’ll prote---”

 

“Will you stay by my side ‘till then?”

 

Mina nodded. Unsure of what just happened. Isn’t she mad? She should be.

 

Dahyun smiled. It’s enough for Dahyun. She cupped Mina’s face and wiped the tear with her thumb. She leaned in to kiss Mina’s eyes. Then into her nose. Then finally on Mina’s lips. It was gentle. Dahyun was moving as if Mina would break anytime. She hates liars but Mina is an exception.

 

As they broke of the kiss, Mina looked up to the moon and told something to Dahyun.

 

“Tsuki ga kirei desu ne” Dahyun did not know any of those words.

 

“Are they Japanese words? You know I can’t understand that. What does It mean?” Dahyun chuckled, she felt dumb yet not offended

 

Mina looked at Dahyun’s eyes, all serious.

 

Is really this serious? Dahyun thought.

 

“It means, the moon is beautiful, isn't it?” Mina smiled and then looked up again at the sky

 

Dahyun mouthed an Oh and sighed in relief. She thought it was a very serious thing. The way Mina stares at her could penetrate her soul.

 

Dahyun leaned on Mina’s shoulder and turn her attention to the same sky Mina is looking. “It is”

 

No more lies…

------

February 15, 2018

 

Mina is certain. There’s no doubt. She loves Dahyun. Mina will risk it all and throw away this impossible mission, she will protect Dahyun even if it will cost her life. Nobody will touch her girl.

 

It’s time for Mina to visit her Father. She must deal with it once and for all.

 

“Father, I can’t continue this mission anymore!” Mina said firmly.

 

“And why is that? Aren’t you my greatest Assassin?”

 

“I also wanted to quit this job.” Mina announced

 

“Okay” Then, he makes Mina leave which she complied in an instant.

 

Mina isn’t sure about what happen. Mina isn’t sure why is it so easy to do, she should have done it sooner. But then, it was her Father, he might have something horrible in his mind. Or maybe Mina wasn’t just needed anymore.

 

Mina visited Dahyun to invite her to another date especially that she’s free from the chains of her past. But Mina was welcome by the sight of Dahyun being held by 6 men who she recognizes easily, they were her father’s top killers. Mina dropped the bouquet of flowers she’s holding.

 

“What the hell are you doing!!? Leave her!” Mina was about to approach them but she was shot at her legs causing for her to fall down. Her heart hurts more.

 

Just like a lighting, someone struck out of nowhere.

 

“Mina! I’ve found your toy” Her Father laughed hysterically, proud at his on doing

 

Mina is currently crying. Looking down on the floor. Maybe the ground has the answer on how she will save Dahyun. Just maybe, she should have stick to the original plan. To befriend and to kill. Not to fall in love.

 

“Father! STOP! Don’t kill her!”

 

Her Father come closer to her and throw a gun. “We won’t, you will. You are my greatest Assassin, right?” Mina’s heart was throbbing hard “Either you kill her or we kill her, your choice”

 

Mina stayed silent. Maybe this is better.

 

“5...” But her Father started to count. She knew her Father well, he never fools around

 

“4…”

 

“Mina” Mina looked at Dahyun who just called her softly, dry, and drained. Dahyun smiled at her as if she’s not scared. But why isn’t she!?

 

“3… 2…” / “I’ll be fine as long as it’s you, I think”

 

“1…” / “FINE! I’ll do it”

 

“Good!!” Her Father remarked happily.

 

Mina took the gun her Father threw earlier and come closer to Dahyun with her other hands on where she was shot earlier. Mina was crying, Dahyun isn’t.

 

Mina pointed the gun on Dahyun. Index finger on the trigger.

 

“Aren’t you scared Dahyun?” Mina is trembling. Why is Dahyun so calm?

 

“I am. Terrified even. But this is our reality Minari and I am fine with it. Thank you” Dahyun smiled with tears on her face.

 

“I CAN’T!!! I CAN’T TAKE AWAY YOUR LI---”

 

BANG!! BANG!! Two shots cut Mina off. It isn’t from her gun

 

Mina was felt numb. She saw Dahyun falling slowly. Blood is splattered around. She catches Dahyun’s head and placed it on her lap. Dahyun is still breathing, maybe there’s hope.

 

Someone tapped Mina’s shoulder. “I told you, stubbornness will get you nowhere. You’re becoming too slow”. It was her Father. After that, he and his men left.

 

“At least, you’re the last person I got to see Minari” Dahyun coughed blood as she attempts to talk.

 

“No!! Don’t talk. I’ll call the ambulance!! You’re not going anywhere!!” Mina howl in anguish.

 

As she fetched her phone, Dahyun used her strength to held Mina’s wrist. She shook her head.

 

“I hope you won’t blame yourself for this. Don’t cry every day for me.” Dahyun said while catching oxygen.

 

“HOW!? Your blood…” As Mina looked at her hands “It’s in my hands. I did this. My stubbornness did this” Mina hugged Dahyun tightly. Then she felt Dahyun’s hand on her wrist strating to lossen its grip.

 

“I love you Mina…” Dahyun faintly said as she closes her eyes.

 

“NO!!!!!!!!!!” Mina shouted. Her forehead is full of sweat. Her heart is racing so fast. Fear that she never felt before invades her whole body. Mina’s eyes are now wide awake.

 

Her never-ending Nightmare begins. Mina called her friends to ask for help.

----

March 24, 2018

 

Mina usually celebrates her birthday alone in her house or her bookstore. No cakes, No elegant decoration, No confetti, No party hats, No friends, Just herself and the peaceful atmosphere. Breathing the fresh air, sipping on her newly brewed coffee and drowning herself from the stories in the book that she knew she'll never experience in real life.

 

(Though on Mina's 18th birthday, she was forced to attend the party her friends threw for her. Mina's friend rented a whole bar for themselves to enjoy. No loud music, just beers, foods, and laughter.)

 

Not today and not anymore. Mina wants to celebrate it with someone she wants to grow old with, someone she wants to spend her whole life with.

 

Mina invited Dahyun on her house for a little celebration of her birthday. Dahyun hesitantly accepted it. Mina was confused at first on why did Dahyun doesn’t want to but just let it off her mind. It might be nothing.

 

Mina had a simple birthday slash date plan for today. Mina studied the recipe for Dahyun's favourite dishes. Downloaded movies that Dahyun would like. Fixed her playlist that will set up the mood. Most importantly, prepared her heart that seems to go berserk whenever they were together.

 

The house is ready, everything she planned is on its place. Execution and Results are the only left to make everything perfect.

 

Mina was sitting at her couch, waiting anxiously. And when she heard a knock, she quickly opened it but was surprised to see who's at the door. Her grin turns into a frown.

 

"Why are you here??" Mina asked her unexpected visitors.

 

"What do you mean? It's your birthday, we should celebrate!!!" Jeongyeon announced. Nayeon, Momo, Jihyo, Sana, and Tzuyu nodded in agreement as they made their way inside of Mina's cozy house.

 

"Can't we just celebrate it tomorrow? I have something to do today" Mina whined at her friends trying to make her friends not to ruin her date.

 

"And what ---" Sana was speaking when another knock was heard. So, Mina get it, it was the one she's waiting for but instead of getting all happy, she was nervous because her friends are still inside.

 

"Happy birthday Minari. Oh, you have guest. Are they also…? You know, like you." Dahyun greeted while handling a gift to her, smiling nervously. Mina nodded and Dahyun to her living room. Mina is glaring at her friends making sure they have a tight-slip mouth or else their throat will have a slit

 

As they settled, Sana smiled weirdly and asked Mina, something Mina could only hear. "Is she what you're doing today?" The way doing sounded is something that made Mina so worked up. Unable to control her heart again from combusting. Sana earned a slap to her arms.

 

"I'm just getting foods, don't try to say anything weird to her!" Mina warned her friends. Her friends just shrug and laughed at it.

 

As soon as Mina left, the squad surrounds Dahyun and introduced themselves. And Dahyun smiled at them and introduced herself as well. They all thought Dahyun was really adorable and fluffy.

 

"So, you are the legendary Dahyun who changed our friend!" Momo laughingly said

 

(They knew Dahyun, Mina mentioned her already. A LOT of times. Dahyun was all Mina mentioned when they bonded the last time. Mina also admitted she is having a feeling on her Dahyun which saddens them. They accepted her but they prayed it will work between them)

 

Dahyun tilted her head wondering if what Momo meant by changing Mina. She met Mina liked that and she's still the same for her.

 

"I did? But she's still the same for me"

 

"Yeah, you did. BIG TIME!" Jeongyeon answered and place her arms on Dahyun's.

 

Mina who just came back from the kitchen glared at the eyes and arms of her ostrich Friend, back and forth as if she's telling her to remove it immediately.

 

Jeongyeon smirked as a reply to it. Jeongyeon's playful mind suddenly pop an idea.

 

Jeongyeon whispered something to Dahyun which caused the younger girl to giggle. Jeongyeon is laughing internally as she watched Mina's reaction. Jeongyeon could swear she can feel a knife flying over her if Dahyun is not here.

 

But Jeongyeon doesn't stop there, she leaned again and whispered something which caused Dahyun to blush furiously. Dahyun covered her face with her hands somehow unable to process things.

 

Myoui Mina walk towards them and snatch Dahyun and drag her on the other couch. Jeongyeon can’t helped but to laughed at her friend.

 

When the movie started, Mina unconsciously placed her hand on Dahyun's thigh's and caressed it gently.

 

Dahyun is not okay. VERY. She could feel her blood rushing to her head. The rhythm of her heart keeps on skipping a beat, her lungs are constricting causing her to have an unstable breathing, the hotness is doubled though Mina's aircon is perfectly fine.

 

Mina seems to noticed it because Mina leaned and ask her if she's okay. Which doesn't help what Dahyun is currently feeling. Mina's hot breath caused more of Dahyun's organ to not function well. It also doesn't help when Dahyun tried to answer by looking at Mina whose face is still closer to her, she can't help herself to glance at Mina's soft, plump, luscious red lips. Mina smirked.

 

The tension was cut off when Nayeon snore loudly. Dahyun was thankful and relieved at the moment. She doesn't know how to escape the disaster her body doing to her earlier.

 

The day went smooth after that. They got to know more of each other though some secrets remain as secret especially their jobs. They invited Dahyun to stay the night but Dahyun politely refused, Mina frowned at it because she wants to spend more time with her but understand the situation. Dahyun had some business to attend to tomorrow morning just like her.

 

Before Dahyun had left the house, Mina pulled her at her own bedroom.

 

"Minari?" Dahyun asked cautiously. Nervous at the whole silence.

 

"I just wanted to do this" Mina then closes the gap between them.

 

Their lips danced insync at the faint music that is only heard by them. Arms are moving with familiarity of their partner's body. The deeper the kiss is, the deeper they are falling as well.

 

Their lips parted due to lack of oxygen, but the gap is still closed, forehead to forehead, nose to nose, eyes are still closed, arms are still wrapped on another, and heart is at the same pace.

 

"I love you" Dahyun subconsciously said. When she realized what she just said, she gasps, lost at what she should do until she heard Mina's reply.

 

"I love you too" Mina assures her.

 

“And I won’t hold back anything the next time we met. Just wait for a little.” Mina added.

 

(Mina and her friends continue to chat but more intense, deeper, and serious. They planned for tomorrow. Mina also threatened Jeongyeon to spill what she whispered to Dahyun. The first one is just a senseless joke. The second caused Mina to have the same reaction as Dahyun but also upset at Jeongyeon, Jeongyeon had said to Dahyun that Mina is still a and go easy on her.)

------

March 25, 2018

 

Mina is more determined to do her plan for today. She is holding on Dahyun’s “I love you”.

 

Mina knocked on a very familiar yet strange door.

 

“Come in” said the voice inside. Mina inhale and exhaled deeply before turning the knob.

 

“Hello Father”

-----

March 25, 2018

 

Yesterday felt surreal for Dahyun. However, Mina’s last sentence was still stuck on her head.

 

“What does she mean by she won’t hold back anymore? What was she holding back? Will she be clingier than the usual? What if---”

 

Dahyun is thinking something she shouldn’t. She’s getting hot and bothered again. DAMN HER THOUGHTS!

 

“Master, the car is ready” One of her maids announced

 

“Okay, thank you. I’ll be there in a sec”

 

Dahyun visited her parents. She told them stories of her and Mina. She told them how happy she is whenever Mina is around. She told them how much she loves Mina. More than life, more than music. Dahyun thank them for bringing her an angel on her path on their death anniversary.

 

Dahyun played a solemn yet happy music on the Kalimba Mina gave her. Dahyun knew her parents would want to meet Mina, so she introduced Mina in a song. Maybe when they had a chance, Dahyun would bring Mina here personally.

 

It was getting late, so Dahyun bid her parents goodbye and promised to be back with Mina as soon as possible.

 

Dahyun decided to pass by on Mina’s house but there’s no one there.

 

Maybe she’s out?

-----

May 28, 2018

 

“Happy Birthday Dahyun!” Chaeyoung greeted her bestfriend and tried to cheer her but Dahyun just half-smiled at her. The cub was angry. VERY ANGRY. She heard from Dahyun a few weeks before that Mina was nowhere to be found.

 

Chaeyoung could not understand the reason Mina has to left Dahyun just after they exchanged “I love you’s”. And if she’s confused just how much more her friend. She could see Dahyun’s eyebags from lack of sleep. Her teary eyes.

 

All Chaeyoung could see is pain in Dahyun’s eyes. It was like when Dahyun’s parents died. They are both a ghost on Dahyun’s story but the difference is the other one is still alive.

 

What if I was the one that Twix and KitKat that day? Chaeyoung wondered as she looked at her friend trying not to cry as she waits for a certain someone. Chaeyoung knew it was not because of the chocolates but she wonders how would it turns out if she was the one who’s there when Dahyun regain her hearing.

 

Chaeyoung stayed and waited beside Dahyun. It’s 9pm but to their distress, no one came.

 

“She won’t answer my calls or even reply on my emails and text. She’s still not at her house! I go there every ** day!! I even searched for evey Goddamn bookstores!!” Dahyun burst out, crying, hands clenched on her heart.

 

Chaeyoung hugged her tightly. Caressed her friend’s back. Trying not to cry as well. She wanted to be strong for Dahyun, enough to support her.

 

“She told me she loved me. THAT SHE EFFIN LOVED ME!! That she won’t hold back anymore. But where is she right now Chae?” Dahyun continued to cry on Chaeyoung’s shoulder, letting her emotion out.

 

“And when I reported into the police, it was disregard because apparently, Mina did go there and clear that she was not missing nor in danger. Why didn’t she tell me that herself!!? Why can’t she show herself to me?”

 

Chaeyoung was surprised with this new revelation to her. So, Mina really did ghosted Dahyun. Chaeyoung wanted to punch the gut of Mina. She hurt someone precious to this world.

 

It’s 10pm and Dahyun fell asleep on Chaeyoung’s arm. Chaeyoung lift her up and placed Dahyun on the bedroom. She cleared the remaining tear stain on Dahyun’s sleeping face. She kissed Dahyun’s forehead.

 

“Everything will be alright, Dubs. I hope you’ll see me too. I won’t do that” this were Chaeyoung’s last word before leaving Dahyun on her bedroom. She’ll just be back tomorrow.

 

~~~

Dahyun woke up when she felt a hand on her cheeks, caressing her carefully. Dahyun rubbed her eyes if she’s dreaming. If she is, she never wanted to wake up again.

 

“Minari!” Dahyun screeched and hugged Mina.

 

“I am not too late right? Happy Birthday Dahyunnie” Mina hugged her back, tightly but gentle.

 

“You’re not. Where have you been?” Dahyun sobs on the hug.

 

“Somewhere.” Mina answered plainly. Dahyun has a lot of question but she does not want to focus on that. What Dahyun care about at the moment is she’s with her Minari again.

 

“Dahyunnie?” Dahyun snuggled more to Mina, never wanting to let go of the older girl, and just hummed as a response.

 

“Can you make love to me?”

-----

May 29, 2018

 

The ray of the sun hits her face. ‘Causing the sleeping pale-girl to groan. Moments later, the light blinding her vanish.

 

“Good Morning” Dahyun said sleepily with a smile on her face.

 

“Good Morning to you too, it seems you had a good sleep” Dahyun opens her eye vigorously at the voice. She saw Chaeyoung blocking the sun for her.

 

“Chaeyoung? Where’s Mina!?” Dahyun and frantically look at her surroundings.

 

“Mina?” Chaeyoung confusingly repeated

 

“She’s here last night… We even…” Dahyun peak on her clothes, it was the on her. But didn’t she and Mina did it last night?

 

Tears flow from Dahyun’s eye once again, she felt numb “Was it all a dream?”

----