The Parting of the Moon & Sun.

The Parting of the Moon & Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Parting of the Moon & Sun

Morning kisses and cuddles were provided in Moon Byul-yi's bed. Joyful laughter and lustful kisses were also provided in her bed. Two women with stars in their eyes were once madly in love, their legs and hands always intertwined. In Byul-yi's bed, the two women exchanged infinite amounts of kisses and love. The pair finding comfort in each other by telling each other about their problems and grievances. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner was also shared in Byul-yi's bed along with bottles of wine and cups of tea. 

It seemed as though Byul-yi's bed was the whole entire world. That twin-sized bed held the moon and the sun for two beautiful years and seven months. The world was filled with so much love, laughter, , and cuddles. The sheets always getting wrinkled from tickle sessions and pillow fights. The sheets getting soiled with feminine wetness and spilled wine glasses. The world of Byul-yi's bed seemed as though it would go on forever. The pair having their own visions of how the rest of their lives together would playout. Byul-yi's bed was their own secret world and no one else was invited. It was the only place for the sun and moon to collide comfortably.

Alas, the pair still had to face the real world. Byul-yi trying to juggle college and the weight of her family's business. Yong-sun freshly started in her career as a nurse, while taking care of her mother and father. They were both young women with dreams and love on their shoulders. The pressures of the real world weighing them down. Soon enough the moon and sun were missing each other. The world of Byul-yi's bed becoming a distant memory as Yong-sun made the decision to break-up. The reason being that Yong-sun couldn't continue lying to her family about her love for a woman. Yong-sun chose to leave the world of Byul-yi's bed behind and Byul-yi let her go. She had college to finish and the family business to worry about. They parted ways with the decision to not be friends because it was too painful. 

All the memories of Yong-sun filled up Byul-yi's bedroom. It took a few months but Byul-yi got rid of everything the sun left behind. Shirts, pants, , shoes, and make-up. Byul-yi washed the sheets they shared and even the pillow cases. She erased everything the Sun physically left behind. But, she couldn't erase the Sun in her heart. Byul-yi spiraled down a path of depression and stress. Her motivation dwindling, she found herself failing exams and skipping class. Meals no longer enjoyed in the comforts of her bed. The world without the Sun was empty and cold. It left Byul-yi with tear stained cheeks, tear soaked pillows, and tears in her heart and soul. 

The place that was once her world was now an empty land of painful memories. Byul-yi fell into the habit of sleeping pills to forget it all. The only way she could go to sleep in that twin-sized bed. The only way she could sleep without crying out for Yong-sun. The only way she could grasp back onto sanity. 

Yong-sun took the break up and cried for two weeks. She then managed to live on without the Moon. She continued her nursing career and eventually the Moon became a distant memory in the back of her head. Yong-sun was fine without the Moon. She found others to breathe life into her. Yong-sun never truly forgot about the Moon, she simply locked her away along with the memories. Soon enough Yong-sun forgot how the Moon smelled, how the Moon laughed, how the Moon felt, and how the Moon's love was. 

They both went on with life. The passing of the seasons and years giving them comfort in their broken hearts. 

Three years later and Byul-yi built a new world in her bed. A world with a beautiful flower. The Moon was soon revolving around the flower of life. The Sun being an after thought that was in a sea of pure abyss. The Sun didn't find new love but she found new meaning. The Moon and Sun were seemingly moving on, orbiting around new and better things in their lives. 

Another three years later and the Sun was engaged, while the Moon was traveling with her Flower of Life. The memories of their old world completely erased and closed. It was as if they never loved each other before. 

~

"Hurry, Byul! I want to make it before the show ends." Hye-jin calls back to her girlfriend.

"We won't miss it! This festival is lasting all day!" Byul-yi laughs after her. 

Byul-yi and Hye-jin are in a grand park that is filled with people, music, vendors, and food. The festival being a huge concert for people to watch the latest kpop stars perform their songs and meet fans.

Byul-yi wasn't the type to go to concerts but ever since she met Hye-jin, she had fallen into the world of music. Hye-jin was a breath of fresh air for Byul-yi. She was younger than her but she was so chic and adventurous. She teased Byul-yi and took Byul-yi out of her own comfort zone. Byul-yi found herself becoming a more extroverted person with Hye-jin by her side. Byul-yi was more passive when she was Yong-sun, the pair opting to stay in rather than go out on dates. Byul-yi loved the difference. Everything with Hye-jin felt new and freeing. Hye-jin was also happily out and she had no problem sharing her piece of mind with the homophobes. 

Byul-yi speeds up her walk as Hye-jin drags her towards the crowded area where the stage was. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter