Season 1 Break!

THE N-CITY SERIES EPILOGUES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Season 1 Break!

Mark’s eyes flew open, the alarm blaring in the background when he turned to nudge Muffin frantically. He got it! He had a dream and he wanted to tell Muffin all about it but his girlfriend turned away, grumpily telling him to turn the alarm off.

But Mark Lee was excited, the gears in his mind turning, the male sitting up to shake Muffin awake.

“Mark. No,” were the first words she said when she opened her eyes. “And no, flying hats are not a good idea.”

“I wasn’t about to—”

“And so aren’t refillable bathtubs.” She turned away, Mark pressing his lips together at how his girlfriend was acting when he dropped down, pressing a soft kiss on her back. It usually worked, Mark thought, Muffin groaning with annoyance. He blinked when she didn’t turn back to him, lowering his lips to kiss her back softly once more when she sighed. “Fine. Fine. Tell me about it. What is it this time?”

She turned to look at him, Mark perking up at the attention he was finally getting.

“Oh boy! So, I had this dream and you know how Dad had given me the ice cream shop to take over? Chenle said he visited it with his sister, his brother, and Johnny and that the flavors are really boring,” he asked, Muffin nodding, her head lolling to the side when Mark slid lower into the blankets and nuzzled against her side. He placed his head on her chest, continuing to speak while Muffin rubbed his back. “And I was thinking that since the N-CITY Series was a huge hit after Johnny hyung’s story, maybe I should make ice creams based on the stories.”

“So, you want to capitalize on the theme of our stories?” Muffin asked, fumbling for her glasses but Mark reached up to grab it to hide it from her. “Mark, I can’t see—”

“If you put it on, you won’t listen to me talk and you’ll get out of bed and go on your day. Can we stay in bed for a bit, please?” Mark whined, placing her glasses by his side, tightening his arms around her to nuzzle her side. Most of the time., Muffin was the small spoon… But today, Mark needed validation from his girlfriend and Muffin knew that, the female nodding.

“Alright, Mark. Hit me with it. I’m giving you ten minutes.”

“What is this? Shark Tank?” he asked, but he proceeded to tell her about the ice cream flavors and the variety of desserts he could make for the Be There and Be Square ice cream parlor.

Muffin had no idea why he named it that, Mark thinking it was a genius idea. She adored him for his thoughts though, and it seemed like it did make an impact. Once she listened to her boyfriend, she finally nodded.

It was an amazing idea, she had to admit.

“What do you think?”

“Mark, it’s amazing.”

“I know, right?” Mark asked and she smiled. “I think we should tell the others. Oh, man! We’re going to have so much fun, Muffin! I need to write it down, I need to!”

Hiding a chuckle, she watched Mark jump out of bed to grab a piece of paper and scribble on whatever he had in his mind.

Oh, Mark Lee.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“I have gathered you around today to show you the menu I have made for the Be There and Be Square ice cream parlor.” Mark said proudly, running a hand through his hair and his friend stood there in front of him. “Behold, the menu!”

“Well, I like mine. How are they going to order it, though?” Haechan asked. “Like… “May I have A Journey?” Something like that?”

Mark snapped his fingers before nodding.

“Yes. That’s how they will order the ice cream!” Mark said excitedly. “Can I have a “Three Sixty?” or even “Can I have a Ticket Home?” Smart right?”

Murmurs from his friends left him feeling very proud when Jaehyun frowned.

“Why is mine Rum Raisin, anyway? No one likes Rum Raisin!”

“The question is, what exactly is “May I have a therapy with Jeno”?” Jeno asked, blinking at all of them. “Holy , if this isn’t hard selling, I don’t know what is.”

“I bet our readers know how good you are, Jeno. You are literally the MVP of the first season,” Simonsays said from the side, trying her ice cream. “Very creative, Mark. Very creative. Can imagine people coming up to you and saying “May I have A Story?”. What if I have the urge to write another—”

“No. You stick to the N-CITY Crew,” Doyoung quipped, shaking his head. “No more stories of other people. You don’t spend time with me enough.”

“Please. If only you know what I have planned for the EXO files,” Simonsays replied.

“What’s that?” Bunny asked, making a face.

“A new genre,” she replied, Mark prodding her with his foot. “What? I know, I didn’t finish Dragon Inside yet. Jeez. I tried to make Mark the main character by request but he was fulfilled in two chapters. I’ll finish it when I have time.”

"Of course I was fulfilled. I became a dragon by the second chapter!" 

“Right. That’s what you say all the time. You held my story back for too long,” Hendery

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter