Chapter 18 | Sightsee

Your Scent in the Rain |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Song: Photographs - 1415

"So whose red thread are we talking about tying here?"

Minghao walked out of the bedroom immediately. 

Yue Lao stood in the middle of the living room, glancing around in curiosity. He was already dressed in modern clothes, if Chen Xi saw him, she would have thought of him as a manhwa character. 

"Yue Lao." The three brothers got on one knee at once, greeting Yue Lao in utmost respect, the man before them was after all a true diety. 

Yue Lao sat down on the sofa casually, crossing one long leg over the other, a smile on his boyish face - mischievous yet high and mighty.

"Ah, no need for formalities, being conversational friendly and easy-going is the current way of the mortals isn't it?" he said it with a wider smile and gestured them towards the other side of the L-shaped sofa. He'd made himself feel very at home indeed.

Minghao was the first to got up and took the armchair opposite Yue Lao himself.

"Your thread?" Yue Lao with a meaningful smile, as though he was already expecting something from Minghao. When no one spoke, Yue Lao got up and in a misty flash, he was already inside the bedroom looking upon Chen Xi.

Minghao rushed over at once, it happened too sudden. 

Yue Lao looked over his shoulders, noticing Minghao's anxiety. He lightly tapped a finger on the frown on Chen Xi's forehead and her expression returned to that of a peaceful child.

The man with the playful smile turned around, "look at you, look at you. Worry is written all over your face. You don't have to be so uptight little dragon, all I did was to make her dream a nicer little dream." 

"Thank you Yue Lao," Minghao bowed, behind him Jun and Hoshi almost stopped breathing. 

Yue Lao flash-jumped back to the sofa, in the same posture as before.

"Your brother had already filled me in. I'll tell you what you need to know. Ahhh where shall I begin..."

 

++++

 

Chen Xi blinked once, twice. Still confused by her sight, she rubbed her eyes again. 

"Did I time travelled?" She muttered under her breath.

She stood in the middle of a busy town street, straw roofs, wooden houses, people wore traditional costumes with straw shoes. 

Nobody, however, took notice of her in modern clothing, as though she did not exist. 

She looked around as she strolled along the old dusty street. When she reached the end of the main street, she came across a forked road. 

Her intuition told her to take the left path and it brought her to a view of a sea. A small rundown house sat there wobbly in the sea breeze, almost seemed as though it will collapse any time soon. 

"Yue Er!" A boyish voice came from somewhere behind the tall rocks her. She turned towards the sound. She didn't recognise this boy's face though. He ran towards a girl playing in the shallow waters with a wide smile, waving a big conch shell in his hand like a trophy. 

Her gaze followed the direction he was running to and a closer look surprised her even more; the little girl had her face. 

Me?

In a few running steps, she moved to where they were playing. She was just beside them, and they didn't even notice her. That was when she realised this must be a dream. She could feel the chilly sea breeze, the cold wet waters but to the boy and girl, she was non-existent.

"Time for dinner!" Someone shouted from afar and the boy got up at once, extending a hand towards the girl with her face.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter