The first night shift

Lieutenant Kim, I LOVE YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"wheeina are you ready for your first night alone in the clinic?" seulgi asked her friend wheein. 

"I am really nervous" wheein shook her head. 

Wheein was trained to deal with emergency situations, but it was still stressful. New place, new rules, alone. 

It wasn't part of her job to do night shifts but it wasn't unusual for the on-call paremedic to jump in and the help the medics. That night, was Christmas eve, so lots of soldiers got to go home to see their families. Moonbyul was on call the night before, and seulgi is on-call during daytimes. Wheein said she didn't mind staying in base during the holidays because she doesn't have a lot of family. 

"well.. you're not going to be all alone.." seulgi mentioned. 

"I am not?" wheein was surprised to hear. 

"Dr. Kim always stays up at someone's first night, so I guess she'll do the same for you" seulgi explained. 

"but.. it's the holidays.. Isn't she going home?" wheein asked. 

"no... Actually, she never takes days off.. I don't know why, maybe she has no one outside" seulgi asuumed. 

"didn't she have a boyfriend?" wheein kept investigating. 

"yeah, but I guess they only met here, he was a soldier here too I think, I only saw him once" she explained. 

"oh, do you know why they broke up?" another question. 

"um.. No.. But why do you care?" seulgi . 

"ah, no reason, just asking" wheein tried to save herself from the embarrassment. 

"well she doesn't even have her bf now, so she is not taking any days off anyway" seulgi got back on track. 

"OK cool" wheein sounded chill on the outside, but inside she was smiling, widely. She really wanted to spend some more time with her new commanding officer.

--------------------------------------------------

The day passed by, and no one walked into the clinic, not a single soldier, probably because they were all home. 

There was no work to be done but wheein still haven't seen yongsun anywhere. After noon, byulie woke up from her post night shift nap and joined them at the clinic. She still seems very tired. 

"hey girls, do you know where lieutenant Kim is? I haven't seen her all day, are you sure she is in the base? She's not in her office.." wheein sounded worried. 

"relax honey, she's probably sleeping, with her job, you need to use any time you get a chance to sleep. Stop stressing out, your lady will show up" byulie teased. 

"what? Haha she's not MY lady, why would you say that" wheein panicked a little. 

"it's a joke, relax, just because you keep asking about her..." seulgi tried to calm her. 

"oh, anyway yeah, not my lady" wheein repeated. 

"sure whatever" byulie said in disbelief to annoy wheein, which made Seulgi giggled. 

Suddenly yongsun entered the room.

"hey girls how are you? Merry Christmas" she greeted. 

A big smile showed up on wheein's face seeing her. 

"merry Christmas lieutenant" the three of them bowed. 

I know I wasn't around today, but how about tomorrow we will have a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter