Chapter 10

My Fallen Meteor

While waiting for his friends to arrive inside their classroom, Chaeyoung busy himself with his phone. He swiped the screen and zoom in the current image that he was looking at. 

 

The corner of his lips quickly lifted and his visible dimple deepened. It was his stolen shot of Mina. The girl was smiling widely with her adorable gummy smile while she was watching his parent's sudden show at the party last Saturday. 

 

He cropped the image taking only the silhouette part of the girl. Excitingly biting his lower lip, he then decided to post it on his Instagram with no caption in it. It didn't take minutes as he started receiving messages from his fans asking who's the girl in the photo or what's even the meaning of it. He just smiled and didn't bother to respond to any comments.
 

Resting his elbows on the table he happily continue checking out the candid photos of Mina. He’s smiling like crazy on his seat until he was interrupted when someone hit his head. 

 

Chaeyoung's upper lips twitch and beams at Dahyun who just came with a rolled papers in his hand. 'Aish!' He sighed and mock a smile to his friend and before he can get up from his seat Tzuyu suddenly took his phone from his hand.  "Yah, you two! Can't you see I'm having fun here?" 

 

"So this is why you're smiling like crazy, I knew it," Tzuyu said while swiping his finger on his phone not caring about his whining friend. 

 

"Yah!" Chaeyoung tried to take his phone back but he struggled to do so.

 

"You lucky , she's really pretty, you know." Tzuyu commented.

 

Trying his best, he finally got his phone back. "Yes, she's pretty. But I'm warning you guys. She's off-limit!" He said pointing his finger at his two friends as a warning.

 

The two chuckled. "Fine, whatever." Tzuyu stated as he raises his hands "But can you tell us how the hell did you even got to meet a girl like her?"

 

Chaeyoung rolled his eyes as he scoffed. "Just for your information guys, she's the one who begged for my attention." He proudly shrugged with a wide smile on his lips while he rest his both hands on his waist. "You know, as always, girls are the ones who confessed their undying love to me. I can't help it!"

 

Tzuyu and Dahyun just squinted their eyes looking unconvinced from their friend's statement.

 

"I'm being honest here. It's the truth!" Chaeyoung said convincing the the two. 'Aish, If these guys only knew what this girl did just to get my attention.' The corner of his lips suddenly lifted as he remember how that crazy super-rich, spoiled-brat and creepy looking girl did everything in all her might and money just to ask him for a two months date. 'It's crazy.'

 

"If you're happy and you know it clap your hands!" Dahyun suddenly blurted.

 

Chaeyoung quickly responded from his friend's nursery song and claps his hands together in a beat. "Haha—Ouch! What's that for?!" He whines as Tzuyu hits his shoulder all of the sudden.

 

"You look like an idiot," Tzuyu said looking at him in disgust while Dahyun was chuckling to his miserableness. 

 

Pouting, Chaeyoung brushes the part of his shoulder that was hit by his very kind friend and went back to his seat. "Wait, what's that gauze on your head?" He asked as he just notices a bandage on Tzuyu's forehead.

 

"W-Well, I... I was—"

 

"He d some squirrel looking girl's at the grocery store yesterday and there he got that as a souvenir!" Dahyun interrupted and was the one who answered while laughing his out.

 

Now Chaeyoung gets back to Tzuyu's misfortune and laugh at him.

 

"Yah, Tofu! That was an accident!" Tzuyu defend himself while glaring at his crazy friends.

 

"Well, if you say so," Dahyun shrugged still chuckling. "By the way..." he handed them the paper that he was holding. "Here's the results of our mock exam last Friday. Don't open it until the count of three."

 

The three of them look at each test paper in their hand curious about their own test result.

 

"One who'll get the lowest score will run at the soccer game half time !" Tzuyu immediately suggested. As friends for almost their lifetime the three would always come up with silly bets just like this one.

 

"Yah!" Chaeyoung and Dahyun whined in protest. They know Tzuyu got the nerve to suggest that one because everything with numbers has always been Yoda's forte.

 

"Remember our rule, first proposed bet, first serve," Tzuyu smirked teasing the two.

 

"But that's unfair—"

 

"Come on. In one!" Tzuyu started counting. 

 

"Aish!" The two just glare at their heartless friend and just ready themselves to see the result.

 

"Two...." they look at each other. "Three!" Altogether they flip their test paper.

 

"Hah! As expected!" Tzuyu proudly smirked as he see a perfect score on his test paper. 

 

Chaeyoung, on the other hand, widened his eyes in surprise. "Omo!"  He said as he was staring at his test paper. "I only got five mistakes!"

 

"Y-Yah! How come that you only got five mistakes? It was only a week since you've been regularly attending ms. Park's class." Dahyun said in surprise comparing his score to Chaeyoung's. He only got twenty points!

 

"Well, what can I do? I'm just too awesome." 'Plus, I got a really amazing tutor.' Chaeyoung proudly smirked. 

 

Dahyun pouted in disappointment as he stares again at his test paper. 'Oh, !'

 

"When you're happy and you know it clap your hands!" Tzuyu suddenly sings.

 

Both Chaeyoung and Tzuyu clap their hands together while teasing their dear friend. "Can't wait to see a Tofu running down the field this coming Wednesday!"

 

After the two of them laughed and teased Dahyun's misfortune, Chaeyoung stares at his test paper again. He smiled. 'She should see this.'

 

 

-

[Minariiiii!!]

 

[I got something to show you! ;)] 

 

Chaeyoung sent his messages as they finish their last subject in the morning.

 

While he was waiting for Mina's reply he and his friends decided to go to the cafeteria to have their lunch break.

 

He checks on his phone to see Mina's reply but five minutes have already passed and he still got no message from her. He pouted and look around. There he noticed her usual table in the cafeteria is empty. 

 

He sighed and took a bite of his food. 'I guess she didn't attend school today.'

 

He compose a text message for her again. 

 

[Yah, you're absent today??]

 

[What an exemplary student 😏]

 

[Hurry up and comeback Minariii!]

 

[I'll show you something]

 

[I bet you'll surely adore me more if you see this.😌😌]

 

 

-

 

 

The crowd watching the inter-college soccer game suddenly went wild when a fair-skinned guy with a tofu mask on his face and a tofu printed brief run across the field while proudly waving his hands to the people on the bleacher.

 

"Wooh! Rock it, white !" Chaeyoung and Tzuyu cheered their beloved friend. 

 

They were laughing their out while holding their stomach as they proudly watch their friend from the bleacher. 

 

As Chaeyoung was joyfully watching the scene his eyes widened as he noticed some officials are coming towards his poor friend. "Oh , Tofu you need to escape!" He shouted as pointed it to Tzuyu.

 

Together with Tzuyu they immediately run to the railing of the bleacher. "Tofu!! Run!" He shouted as they run off the field to meet and help Dahyun.

 

"Faster!" Tzuyu shouted and quickly throw Dahyun's bag to him.

 

Luckily, Dahyun catches it and immediately escaped the guys chasing him as he finds an empty room to hide in.

 

In just a few minutes his two good friends followed him.

 

"Dude, that was a blast!" Chaeyoung said as they entered the room. Dahyun is now in his clothes laughing at his own craziness.

 

"We're so proud of you, Man!" Tzuyu said as they both gave him a fist bump.

 

 

-

 

 

After the crazy scene that happened in the soccer field earlier Chaeyoung decided to sneak away from his friends and find his way to Mina's class building.

 

"Omo, it's Son Chaeyoung." 

 

"What is he doing here in our department?"

 

"Gosh, he's so handsome."

 

It's his first time being in the business department building so it was a surprise— and luck for others to see his presence at their place.

 

Hands in his pocket he tried to give his best smile to the people ogling over him as he was walking around while simply trying to look for Mina. 'Where the hell is she?'

 

The girl didn't reply to any of his messages nor answer his calls in these past days. She hasn't even been home in her unit, even her four bodyguards are nowhere to be found.

 

He pressed his lips and sighed. He tried to peek and find the girl inside almost all of the room in the building but he failed to see even the girl's shadow to his dismay.

 

Chaeyoung stop for a while and tried to call her for the hundredth times but still, there's no response. "Yah, Minari. Where are you? We missed a lot of our tutor session already. Make sure when you comeback, the session will be extended, you owe me an additional hours for not coming, plus for not answering my phone calls." He said lifting an eyebrow as he leave a voice message to her.

 

Chaeyoung brushes his hair with his hand and just decided to went back to their building. It has been four days since the last time he saw Mina and it was starting to irritate him. Normally the girl would only take a day or two when she's absent and not this long. 'Aish, that girl is unbelievable! Is she ignoring me?'

 

As he was walking alone through the corridor he suddenly stopped as he saw a two familiar figures walking out from the University's office. 

 

"Hey! Hey, wait!" Chaeyoung called the two goons and rush towards them.

 

The two stopped as they noticed him.

 

"Hey, guys. Uhm.. Good afternoon!" He greeted Mina's bodyguards with his best smile as he came to approached them. "So, where is Mina? Why isn't she with you guys? Is she doing okay—"

 

"She's somewhere." Taehyung answered with the usual unreadable expression on his face.

 

"Somewhere? Where, on a vacation?" Chaeyoung rolled his eyes and shook his head while resting hand on his waist. "Aish, that girl. Going on a vacation without even answering my calls and messag—"

 

"She's not going to answer any of your messages or phone calls anymore." 

 

Chaeyoung's brows immediately furrowed in confusion as he was cut off. "What are you talking about? Did she lost her phone or something?" He looks at them with confusion written in his eyes.

 

"She's terminating your contract." Jackson simply said.

 

"Why would she terminate the contract?" He snorted as his brows furrowed mix in confusion and sudden anger that's starting to build up inside him.

 

"It's our lady's decision." Jackson calmly said. 

 

"That's bullsh*t! It hasn't been even two months yet!" Chaeyoung said in furious that has caught attention of other students passing by the hallway.

 

"Yes. But don't worry, the payment is already in process to transfer to your account—"

 

" that payment! I am not going to accept that!" He brushed his hair with his hand in frustration. He sighed heavily suddenly feeling lost at the moment. "Why the hell did she just decided to cancel the contract?"

 

"We don't have the right to tell you—"

 

"Then I'll talk to her, I want her explanation." He massage his forehead with his hand as he try to calm himself. "Tell her, I'm going to wait for her at the condo tonight."

 

"The unit has already been sold, Chaeyoung. She's not going back there."

 

He closed his eyes for a second and clenches his jaw. "Then tell her to meet me at the usual restaurant near it."

 

"She no longer wants to meet or talk to yo—"

 

"—But she has to!" His voice raised again. He gritted his teeth as he looks at the two. "Tell her, if she won't show up this night I'm going to get mad at her and tell her, this time I'm ing serious about it and I really won't forgive her!" He lastly stated before walking away from the two feeling lost and furious from the sudden conversation he just had.

 

 

-

 

 

As he told to Mina's bodyguards, Chaeyoung is currently waiting for her at the Garden View restaurant. He's sitting on the same table near the glass wall that they always occupy before.

 

Chaeyoung was busy gawking and tapping his finger on the wineglass before someone interrupts him.

 

"Uhm, excuse me, Sir."

 

He looks up at the waiter who he didn't notice was already in front of him.

 

"I-I don't wanna be rude, sir. But it's already past midnight, our closing hours have already passed and you're the only customer left here. I-I still need to close the restaurant and my family is already worried waiting for me."

 

Looking run down Chaeyoung nodded and got up. "I-I'm sorry." He mouthed fainting a smile and left a bill on the table.

 

"I’m really sorry, sir and Thank you for dining in!" The staff politely said as he leaves the place.

 

Chaeyoung takes a deep breath as the cold air immediately wrapped his body when he went outside the restaurant. 

 

He decided to sit down on the gutter and took out his phone from his pocket to dial Mina's number again. Still she's not answering.
 

He closed his eyes in frustration and decided to leave her a voice message. "I'm still giving you a chance, Mina. I'm going to wait for you here at the same place.” He sighed heavily and massage his forehead before he continue. “You need to hurry up, Mina because I'm starting get real mad at you right now."

 

 

 

 

kgi_tala 

 

 

So guys, only three chapters left!
By the way, I MIGHT post the two upcoming chapters at once. I hope you'll look forward for it.. It's already in my draft I just need to edit and finalize it :] 

 

~If you're happy and you know it clap your hands!~

 


 

Stay home and stay safe everyone 🙏