Her warmth

Warmth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Chaeyeon!"

The said girl then turns around to face the person who shamelessly shouted her name. A small smile immediately crept on her thin lips.

"Have you seen Kangchan?"

Chaeyeon furrowed her brows, "Nah, I was stucked at the practice room earlier," the dancer said, "Why?"

Sakura sighed, "I've been calling her but she's not picking up," the Japanese pouted.

"I'll try calling her," Chaeyeon said before fetching her phone out of her pocket.

Chaeyeon dialed Hyewon's number, confused onto why she's not picking up Sakura's call. She sighed when the call went into voicemail.

"Voicemail," Chaeyeon sighed before slumping down unto the couch, "Why is she not answering though?"

Sakura took the seat beside her, "There was an article regarding us," the Japanese says, "It was a rumour about the final line up and you know, some people just won't accept us."

Chaeyeon knitted her brows, "And they said that Hyewon doesn't deserve her spot?"

Sakura slowly nodded, "Yeah," She run her fingers through her hair, "Kangchan...is hurt. We both know she won't open up her feelings but I saw her crying before leaving for God knows where."

The dancer clenched her fist before exhaling a huge amount of breathe, "Just stay here with the kids," Chaeyeon stood up before grabbing her jacket, "I'll call you when I found her."

Chaeyeon huffed in cold air, she forgot how cold it is tonight with winter just around the corner. She's literally nothing wearing just a thin shirt, jacket, and her sweatpants.

"Kang Hyewon, just make sure you're wearing thick clothing." Chaeyeon hissed as she scans the area.

Her breathe fogging as she exhales, the amount of practice she had is already taking a toll on her but no— she have to find Hyewon, she needs to because if not, she'll have a terrifying time to sleep.

She makes her way towards the park near their apartment building, looking for that familiar stature. It's getting late but she can't stop now. Not when it's Hyewon we're talking about, not when it's her girlfriend.

"C'mon, where are you?" She muttered under her shaking breathe as she tries to contact the other lass.

She tried and tried calling her until at the 7th time she finally answered, "Where the hell are you?" She asked, frustration and worry filling her.

Instead of words, she heard ragged breathing, "Where are you, Hye?" She softly said, "C'mon babe, I'll come and get you. Just tell me where."

She heard a sigh from the other line, "R-Remember the place where we talked about our dreams?"

"Wait for me, alright? I love you." The dancer said before ending the call. She immediately hailed a cab finally realizing how stupid she is for not knowing the place earlier.

It didn't take her that long to reach where Kang Hyewon is as it's already near midnight.

She run towards where their usual place is, "Hyewon-ah," She called out, finally seeing her girlfriend, "Yah, why the hell are you not wearing your jacket?" Chaeyeon immediately remove her jacket before putting it on her girlfriend.

"You'll get cold," Hyewon tried giving it back but the other lass stopped her.

"You're trembling already." The dancer said before securing the jacket around Hyewon.

Hyewon let out a sigh as she stares at the caring dancer, "You know I love you, right?" Hyewon asked.

Chaeyeon creased her forehead before letting out a smile, "Yes, and I love you too," the dancer kneel infront of the sitted Kang, before gently grabbing the cold trembling hands, "I'm your girlfriend, Hyewon. I'm not just a mere display. You can talk to me about anything and I will still love you the same. Okay, maybe even more."

Hyewon nodded, silently thanking her girlfriend. She bows her head down not because she can't look at the other lass but because her damn tears escaped once more.

Chaeyeon sighed before taking the seat beside Hyewon, "Let it hurt for a while, then let go," She whispered before engulfing the crying girl.

Hyewon burried her head deeper into Chaeyeon's neck breathing the familiar scent that could calm the s inside her. They spent a few minutes holding each other— like each other's lifeline.

"Let's go back to the dorm, okay?" Chaeyeon said when they finally pulled away from each other, "I'll cook your favourite chicken."

Hyewon chuckled softly, "You really know me," She looked at Chaeyeon and caught her already staring at her, "God, I love you." She said before leaving a soft peck on Chaeyeon's lips.

Hyewon knitted her brow in worry when she felt the other lass' lips trembling, "I told you you'll get cold," she hissed, ping the jacket but halfway a hand stopped her.

"Keep it," Chaeyeon smiled, "I can't let you get sick." Chaeyeon said before pulling the other girl.

"But you will," Hyewon said, glaring at the dancer, "The group needs you."

Chaeyeon sighed with a small smile lingering on her lips, "We need you too," She squeezed the hamster's hands gently, "We need you as much as the group need each one of us."

"Stupid," Hyewon averted her gaze from the softness of Chaeyeon's eyes, "Let's go. I'm hungry."

The dancer let out a soft giggle before pulling Hyewon. It's getting late and they have to go back before the ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter