I love you

Himawari

Sana was checking her belongings for the last time. Her flight was scheduled today. She would fly to Paris. To her dream university. She would study fashion design and would be a great one. She was sure of it. Her parents were sure of it. Even her friends knew how hard this girl had work all this time. That was her dream. Since she was a little girl. But her heart missed someone. She held her chest, feeling it ached a little. The person she was waiting for was not here. It was almost the time she boarded the plane.

“Sana, you’ll be late. You must get inside now.” Said Mina

“I’ll slap that cub with jokbal. He know today is your flight and he still haven’t come” hungry Momo said, slightly fury.

“ Woahh, easy 22 inches (thumbs up if you know what I mean). Chaeng will be here. I know him”

“Yeah, Chaeyoung chingu just wake up late. He’ll be here.”

“Chaeyoung will be here Sana. He told me he will come.” Jihyo convinced the anxious girl.

Sana nodded. Her heart full of hope. She wanted to see the cub for the last time before she went for university. It was okay if they didn’t end up together. It was okay if the cub only see her as a friend. She just wanted to see the cub. Her favourite cub, Changie. She want to see that dimple, that smile and pout, his simple gesture that always able to steal her heart, fluttering it.

 

Attention please, this is the final call for flight number XXXX leaving for Paris. Please board the aircraft immediately through gate 8. Thank you.

Attention please, this is the final call for flight number XXXX leaving for Paris. Please board the aircraft immediately through gate 8. Thank you.

“.…..”

“I think I have to go. Please send my regards to Chaeyoung” She said.

“Don’t worry, I will send my flying jokbal to his face.”

“Momo. Shhh” Mina nudged Momo’s arm

Sana smiled. Hug all her friends tightly and walked away. She loved them. Mina and Momo were her childhood friends since elementary school. They were the one who always with her during her ups and downs. So she would totally miss her forever two bestfriends.

Dahyun, Tzuyu and Jihyo, although the three of them had only spent a year together with her, she felt happy. She felt deep connection with them. They were good people. They laughed together and spending time together. She would totally missed them a lot too. And also Chaeyoung. She would miss him a lot. She just knew that.

 

Sana walked towards the gate. Ready to embrace her new future, her new world waiting for her, when a certain someone calling for her name. A sound she knew so well. And miss so much.

“Sana! Wait! Please” That someone running and before stopped. Trying to catch his breath. His hair was ruffled from the time he was running, half of his shirt tugging out.

“Chaeyoung? I thought you’d never come” she said excitingly. Her face turned brighter, smile adorned her face.

“I’m sorry I was late...umh.. and here.” He handed a bouquet of flowers. Full of sunflowers. The yellow flowers, the glory of the summer. They bloomed so beautiful, pleasing and brighten the eyes who saw them.

“I.. uhm.. I know this may sounds cheesy, but that represents my heart for you.” Chaeyoung said rubbing his nape, his cheek turning red. ”Sunflowers symbolize adoration. I always adore you Sana. From the first time that we met. And, I never thought I’d say this but I was so grateful Professor Im Jeong failed my exam, I was so grateful my bike broke that time, I was so grateful I forgot my wallet, and I was so grateful to the kid who kicked the ball to my way. Because I could meet an angel." 

"You. You’re my angel Sana. My angel and my inspiration that keeps me going forward. My ray of sunshine. I love every single minute I spend with you. And I wish it could be longer. The time you told me you were accepted, it tore my heart because I couldn’t see you again for a long time. But a part of me also felt so happy. Because this was your dream. I like seeing those sparkling big eyes when you told me about your dream. Your passion. At that moment I thought that.. I couldn’t be selfish.”

Sana eyes started to tear. She didn’t know what to say. Her heart was so full of joy. Contented by his words.

“I grew those myself. I asked Jihyo unnie to help me and bothered her a lot. It was so hard at first. I failed a couple of times. They didn’t want to grow taller. Maybe they aspire to be like me, smol.” He chuckled which earned the sobbing girl the same chuckle. “I was going to give up, but they bloomed. They bloomed this morning. I was so happy.” Sana laughed, feeling overwhelm with emotions.

“And Jihyo unnie told me. That sunflowers also symbolized loyalty.”

Sana could feel her tears started flowing from her eyes, dropped to the yellow summer flowers, wetting them.

“Umm.. what I want to say is…. I’ll wait. I’ll wait for you. Till you come back. Your Changie is a loyal person after all.” He said smiling brightly, showing his dimple that she missed so much.

“A-and…I also wanna say that I lo-…….” Chaeyoung couldn’t finish his words. He felt a pair of soft lips pressing against his. It tasted so sweet yet salty from the tears. It was a deep kiss, lasted for a solid one minute before his sunshine pulled away for air.

“Thank you Changie.”

“I love you Sana” Chaeyoung finally confessed. Thing he should do a long time ago. It took every single courage of him to say the words for he was a shy kid.

“Took you months to say it. Hihi” Sana giggled with her iconic sound. “I love yu too cub.”

They looked into each other eyes. Admiring every single detail of the person in front of them. Smile all over the face. They were about to start another session of ‘hot kissing’ when a poor staff called for Sana.

Ahem!” she fake cough. I’m sorry miss, but you will miss your plane if you start another session of umm your kissing. You see, I would love to witness that but.. the plane won’t wait.” The staff, who Sana read the nametag, Somi said.

“Hihihihi. Of course. Goodbye for now Changie. I’d give you a call when I arrived”

“Take care babe. And don’t cheat on me. I mean it! I could be a fierce cub you know.”

“Hehe. I’d like to see a fierce baby cub.” she leaned closer to his ear, whispering

"but I prefer it more in bed" Sana finished her move with a wink and left a chaste sweet peck onto the self-proclaimed beast lips before leaving, which brought him a shiver and a gulp, face red as tomato.

And with a light step, Sana walked into part of her future, her half of dreams (before Chaeyoung was the other half and her future'll always consist of him) with a blissful heart and a bouquet of her now favourite summer flowers.

And she knew.. this was just a beginning.

A beginning of the chapter of their love story.

 

END

But before we really end it, the author want to state that Momo was really grateful because she needn’t sacrifice any jokbal in the process to slap Chaeyoung.

THE END

 

Author's Note: I once read that since the radioactive spilled at Fukushima in 2011, Japanese people plant sunflowers because they can absorb the radioactive toxicity, since that time, sunflowers also symbolize 'hope and recovery' for them.

Another note is, I was supposed to make Chaeyoung as a college student, but I slipped and he ended up as a highschool kid. My bad. Hehe. Anyway, I want to promote safety driving. So don't drive if you're underage and ESPECIALLY emotionally unstable cuz that could harm not only you but the people surround you. So guyz, thank u for reading till this last chapter. I hope all of you are fine and stay healthy!