Chapter 15

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

AN:

I can't believe it's been a year since SOLO came out! It was that . The one who got everyone pressed. 

And I can't wait until Rosé's solo comes out. It will be soooo iconic 😭

"Wait, you dated Park Chaeyoung?"

Jennie asked in shock. Lisa stopped her sentence and stared at her with wide eyes. "Oh! I didn't tell you." She exclaimed more to herself than the brunette. Jennie rapidly shook her head. "No!" She said in a panicked voice. Jennie stood up from the bed and began to pace through the room. 

"Holy ." She whispered to herself. "No wonder she acts like she wants to kill me half the time." She said and Lisa stood in front of her, placing her hands on her shoulder. 

"Hey, she does not want to kill you." She said reassuringly and wrapped her arms around Jennie. "It was over two years ago, and we've both moved on." Lisa said firmly. 

Jennie buried her face in the crook of Lisa's neck. "Well maybe you moved on, but she totally did not." She mumbled, but Lisa heard it all. "Why wouldn't she move on? She was the one who broke up with me." 

Jennie pulled her head back to say something, but they both winced as they heard another loud noise ring through the house. 

"I'll be right back, don't move." Lisa said and stared into the brunette's eyes to show that she was dead serious. Jennie crossed her arms over her chest. "I can move whenever I want to." Lisa let out a soft chuckle and rushed down the stairs. 

Releasing a loud sigh, Jennie dragged her feet to the bed and flopped down onto it. She stared into the ceiling, hoping it would give her answers to whatever was racing around in her mind. 

A few seconds passed and she scrunched her face up and slapped her palm onto her forehead. "My God, I'm overthinking." She said to herself. Sitting up and scooting back until she was leaning against the headboard, she went through points in her head. 

First of all, she wasn't even Lisa's girlfriend yet, so there was no point in becoming butthurt over the fact that Lisa hadn't told her. Besides, she didn't ask anyways, it wasn't like Lisa was hiding it from her. And she was partly relieved that it came out of Lisa's mouth and not Chaeyoung's-or worse-Yeri's. 

Second of all-Lisa was the most popular girl in the school! It was only expected that she would have had previous dating history with some of the students. And not going to lie, having the captain of the basketball team and the cheerleading captain be girlfriends is just pure eye candy to everyone around them. 

Jennie grabbed a pillow and groaned into it. "I'm definitely overthinking it. It was just a freaking fling, Jennie!" She scolded herself for getting so worked up about it. 

She snapped out of her thoughts as she heard the music stop and loud protests downstairs, followed by the door opening and footsteps exiting. 

Moments later, Lisa came back to her room and smiled apologetically towards the brunette. "Sorry, party's over." Jennie rolled her eyes and threw the pillow that was in her hands at Lisa. The silver haired woman easily caught it and chuckled. "Just kidding. VIP's can stay as long as they want." 

Lisa approached Jennie and warily sat beside her. "Hey, I never wanted it to be something I was hiding from you. It just completely slipped my mind that I even had girlfriends and boyfriends in the past, with you around me." She said with a small smile, looking deep into Jennie's catlike eyes. Luckily, Jennie built up her defences when it came to Lisa's smouldering gaze,or just her everything. 

She smirked instead. "Smooth Manoban. Very smooth." Lisa giggled. "Why thank you, Kim. You're not too bad yourself." She playfully winked and they both erupted into a giggling fit. Jennie leaned her head into Lisa's and let their foreheads touch. 

"You have nothing to worry about. Absolutely nothing." Lisa promised and took the brunette's hand in her's, gently kissing the back of it. "I know." Jennie  said softly and gave the younger woman a peck on the cheek. Red rapidly invaded both of their cheeks and they gave shy smiles. 

"Well, I better go then." Jennie pulled her body away from Lisa and looked away. The captain cleared . "Ahem. Yeah, sure. Do you...want me to come with?" She hesitantly asked. Jennie looked back and gave her a reassuring smile. "It's fine. Besides, you have to rest up." 

Lisa rose one of her brows. "For what, may I ask?" She said, already having a hint of what she has to do. "For our date, silly." Jennie chuckled and walked out of Lisa's room. 

Lisa smiled lazily, watching Jennie leave. She fell onto her bed, not bothering with cleaning up the mess nor changing. She had to wake up early tomorrow so she could prepare everything for her date with Jennie. 

"Okay, okay. What about this?" Jennie held out a white off shoulder blouse. "Girl it's like Antarctica out there, you wanna freeze to death?" Nayeon spoke from her phone. Jennie huffed and tossed it onto the bed, along with several other outfit choices. 

"Then you choose!" She exclaimed. "Gladly." Nayeon said and Jennie rolled her eyes. "Bring me to your closet and I'll pick out the best damn outfit Lisa's ever seen." The brunette chuckled at her friend, but complied. 

"Oh ya, that sweater will be-Ahh!" Jennie jumped at the shriek Nayeon let out. "What the hell?" She asked as she saw her best friend frantically read through her phone and smile so wide that it made Jennie's cheeks hurt just seeing it. 

"Oh. My. God." Nayeon said slowly, with wide eyes. "What? What?" The brunette leaned closer to her phone in curiosity. 

"Jisoo asked if I was free today!!" She practically yelled into her phone. Jennie broke into a gummy smile seeing her friend be so happy. Until she remembered what happened yesterday. 

She pursed her lips and leaned back, thinking about how Jisoo liked Chaeyoung. And how Chaeyoung had dated Lisa before. Would it be a disaster if Nayeon perhaps, dated Jisoo? Well, it's not like Chaeyoung would be bothered by it, she didn't like Jisoo, at least according to Lisa. 

"Jennie!" She snapped back as her best friend looked at her with sharp eyes. "What should I say?" "Tell her you're free, obviously." Jennie rolled her eyes at her cluelessness. "Oh shut it. I know that. I meant how? I don't want to sound too desperate." 

"Say, you're nothing doing anything at the moment. And then ask why she's asking." She advised and watched in amusement as Nayeon typed in her response, seeing a glint in those eyes. 

Was she like that with Lisa? She mentally asked herself thinking back to how she would swoon over Lisa when she did anything. 

Hearing Nayeon squeal once again, she laughed at her, and then at herself. 

An hour or two later, the doorbell rung in the house and Jennie snapped her neck towards the door. Ella also looked and they both stared at each other with cold eyes.

 In a split second, they were both up and out of the couch, racing towards the door. 

"Ella, don't open it." Jennie warned as she caught onto her younger sister's arm and held her back. "Noooo! I wanna see Lisa and tell her all about how you're freaking out!" She stuck out her tongue at Jennie before stepping on her unexpecting foot and running off. 

The brunette yelped but stumbled after her. "Ella. Don't." She warned again and caught up with her, pushing her into the living room and burying her under a load of cushions. "Shh." She shushed her now whining sister and opened up the door with a smile. 

"Hey, Lisa." She said, a little out of breath. The silver haired woman smiled charmingly at her before giving a small, playfully bow. 

"I am here to the princess to her lovely date." She said with an obviously fake accent. Jennie chuckled and blushed. "Why thank you. We shall take our leave then." 

The two laughed loudly as they walked down the steps of the porch and Jennie was surprised to see a car parked along the curb. "Wait, don't tell me that's your's?" She asked in shock as she took in the expensive look. 

Lisa chuckled and jogged over to the passenger side, opening it. "After you." She merely said and Jennie got in, still speechless. The younger woman quickly circled around and got into the driver's seat. 

"You-you have a license?" Lisa looked over with a confused face, wondering why Jennie was asking that. "Uhm, ya. Why wouldn't I?" She said and started the car, driving off. 

"Uhm I don't know, maybe because you always ride that bike of yours?" Jennie brought her hand up to turn on the radio. Lisa chuckled. "Well, I don't like driving. I don't even have a car, I borrowed it from Jisoo's older sister, Irene." 

"Well, where are you taking me?" Jennie looked out the window to have some sort of a clue. Lisa  took a left turn before answering. "I remember you telling me during one of our study sessions that you always wanted to go mini golfing, so I'm taking you there." 

Jennie whipped her head around to look at Lisa in shock. "No way." She said in disbelief and became even more in shock as they passed a sign saying "Mini Golf Mania", with their car. 

Jennie squealed and bounced in her seat, eagerly waiting to get out. Lisa smiled at how excited Jennie was, and mentally patted herself on the back for choosing a great place. 

"Alright, let's go play some golf." Lisa said and carefully parked the car, rushing over to the passenger side to open the door. 

Jennie bit her lip at the action and intertwined her hand with Lisa, leading the way. 

"Argh." Lisa groaned when the ball evaded the hole once again. Jennie went afterwards and got hers in. "Yay!" The brunette giggled when Lisa threw a glare in her direction. "What? Not used to losing a game?" Jennie teased. 

"No." Lisa grumbled and crossed her arms over her chest. Truth was, this date was not going as planned. At all. The whole idea of mini golf was for Jennie to at it, so Lisa could secretly back hug as she teaches her how to play. So far, she was the one who while Jennie was an expert. 

"Aw, it's okay. You'll get used to it eventually." Jennie said with a soft smile as she headed to the next area. Lisa dragged her feet to her and pouted. "Why are you so good at this? I thought you never played." 

Jennie laughed loudly at that. "No no. I've played this my whole life. I just really wanted to come here again." She explained. 

They both played some more until ultimately Jennie won by a landslide. Landing several hole-in-ones. 

"It was a fluke, I tell you." Lisa said once again as they head out of the car to a retro looking diner. Jennie rolled her eyes. "Just admit that the great Lisa Manoban lost. To me." "Never." 

They slid into a booth and a waitress wearing 90's style clothing came up to them. "So what can I get you two pretties?" 

"Uhm, a classic shake please. With two straws." Lisa said politely and the waitress wrote it down, heading to the back. 

Jennie smirked at Lisa, already knowing her intentions. "Wow, real smooth." She said and Lisa shrugged sheepishly. "Can't help it. 

The two broke out into laughter as they stared at each other. "I know, really cliche." Lisa said and Jennie shook her head. She brought her hand up and lightly traced the back of Lisa's right hand. "I love it." She admitted. 

"So, planning on bringing me home after this?" Jennie asked and Lisa scoffed. She gently took Jennie's hand in hers and intertwined them. 

"Not by a long shot." She said and the waitress came back with a milkshake. 

Lisa leaned in taking a straw in , the same with Jennie, as they sipped together. To , Lisa winked and watched in amusement as the brunette averted her eyes elsewhere with a red hue covering her cheeks. 

"So where are you taking me next?" 

Lisa only smirked at that question. "Oh, you'll love it."