bloom

bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung hugged herself tightly. Trying to not make a noise inside the bathroom as she coughed up more of the chocolate cosmos. She flushed the toilet and looked around to see if there were any petals left. I can't get caught like Momo-unnie. Hurriedly getting out of the bathroom, she bumped into Sana along the way.

 

"S-sorry, unnie!" Chaeyoung exclaimed as she helped the older girl up. "You okay?"

 

"I should be the one asking you that," Sana took the younger girl's hand and squeezed it. "You've been there for a while."

 

. "Oh! Did anyone else notice?" Sana shook her head in response and Chaeyoung let out a sigh of relief. Chaeyoung immediately let go of Sana's hand and went to her room without another word.

 

Even though Sana wasn't really close with Chaeyoung, she could read her easily; she could read her members easily. The fans would usually associate the Japanese girl as clumsy and as the member who usually doesn't know what's going on, but she is quite observant. Sana doesn't want to jump to conclusions, so she would just observe the younger girl more and would try to get Chaeyoung to open up to her.

 

On the other hand, Chaeyoung asked Jeongyeon and Momo if she could have the room they shared all for herself.

 

"Why?" Momo asked. "Where else would we sleep?"

 

"You sleep with Mina-unnie, and Jeongyeon-unnie could sleep on the bunk bed I share with Dahyun," Chaeyoung replied, her chest tightening. She swallows down the petals that were about to erupt. "It's just for a day, please? I need some alone time." Time to think, probably time before I die.

 

The two roommates just agreed, seeing as Momo couldn't refuse because she wanted to make it up to Chaeyoung. Once the two had gotten what they needed, they left the room. Chaeyoung locked the door as soon as they stepped out of the room and she coughed out a handful of petals. It gets worse whenever she goes near Momo or whenever she talks to her.

 

Chaeyoung turns on the lights and starts picking up the petals, placing it in her empty “Kind But Not Soft” backpack that she personalized. After doing so, she turns off the lights, closes the curtains, and makes sure that the room is completely dark. As the darkness engulfs her, she suddenly feels calm. She then gets her phone and plays a song mindlessly. Chaeyoung could care less about what song would play until it suddenly blasts Paramore’s “Still Into You,” making her heart ache and erupts with petals. She changes the song, still not done coughing, when someone knocks on the door.

 

“Are you okay?” It’s Sana again.

 

Go away. Chaeyoung wants to say, but doesn’t. She can’t. Her coughing goes on, and the bed is filled with cosmos.

 

The knocking becomes louder. Sana asks again. “Chaeng, are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine, Sana.” Chaeyoung manages to say. “Leave me alone.”

 

“Do you want a glass of water?”

 

“No.” Yes. She increases her phone volume.

 

“Are you sure? It sounds like you need it.” Sana pushes further.

 

“I don’t need anyt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter