Five

My Dad's First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She sat watching her two younger brothers play tennis in the court, chuckling alone whenever she found their behaviour adorable. And her phone started vibrating in her jeans pocket, which she took out to see the caller ID of her fellow young actor.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Waah... Kim Jinkyung you really are something! You didn’t even tell me that the role I acted was your own dad’s!”

Jinkyung smiled at the playful complain. “And what if I had told you earlier? Would you have changed the way you acted?”

“Nah...really.” the young male voice sounded amazed at the other end. “Like seriously...that single dad was your dad? And you played your mom’s role?”

“Yeah.” She replied. “So did you call me in a hurry just to ask me that Sehun?”

“Of course yeah!” the young actor almost yelled. “Haven’t you been online after your interview? The top trending search names are ‘Kim Jinkyung’, ‘Oh Sehun’ and 'Writer Moon JaeIn'! I bet they’re fishing out all your family photos from your SNS as well!”

She chuckled again. “Good for us then.”

“Oh and Jinkyung! About that painting... do you still have it at home?” he asked eagerly.

“Of course...it’s like the biggest treasure in the house. You can drop by sometime to check it out.” she said invitingly.

“Waah....daebak...to think you grew up in such a romantic atmosphere... The guy who’s gonna date you is lucky I think, since you have that romantic blood in you. Even I should give it a try!”

“Yah that was lame Sehun! Learn some better jokes you sound just like my dad!”

“Then date me! If I’m just like your dad it means I’m such a great man when it comes to love!”

Shaking her head hopelessly at the chuckles of the young man, Jinkyung ended the call.

 

*Text Message*

“Oh Sehun : It might be lame but I wasn’t joking okay? ;) ”

~~~~~~~~

After pretending to be asleep for another half an hour, Jae In finally decided to walk out, making up her mind to act like she remembered absolutely nothing from the previous night. And she found him watching soccer in the living room, or rather blankly staring at the TV screen, lost in thoughts.

She cleared gaining his attention. “Good- Good morning Junmyeon-ssi.”

She didn’t like the look he had in his eyes when he met her gaze. It definitely made her uncomfortable, as if there was something written in his gaze that she feared to know.

It doesn’t make any sense right? He’s just being kind and considerate. Nothing else.

“I ordered some hangover soup and breakfast. Go and have it.” Junmyeon pointed at the kitchen, and the girl silently obeyed. “Jae In-ssi,” she stopped hearing his call after her.

“Since it’s the weekend, take some rest. I’ll take care of Jinkyung today. You can get some rest.”

It’s just concern in his eyes isn’t it? Obviously he’s concerned about me because I showed up drunk last night.

“Thank you...Junmyeon-ssi.” She bowed politely, and walked into the kitchen.

 

Two hours later, she was cursing herself for returning to his place, collecting a role of canvas, some paint brushes and paint from her apartment. “Why the hell am I going in there again...” she muttered to herself, entering the house.

And the very first sight that caught her eyes, was enough to make her heart melt.

The dad had fallen asleep on a cushioned chair, head leaning back and legs spread forward, with his daughter lying on his chest, the little one too, fast asleep. His hand was placed over her back, and the baby’s tiny arms were hugging his chest and lying there peacefully.

Without making any sound, she sat on the floor and spread her worksheet there, to sketch down the heart melting scene in front of her eyes. And then her brushes started adding colours to the picture, while the dad and the daughter were fast asleep not even knowing her presence.

Drawing his peacefully sleeping face which showed no worries or stress at all like it usually does, Jae In realized something.

He was extremely good looking.

Kim Junmyeon was breathtakingly handsome.

And seeing him asleep made her heart ache for no reason.

~ ~ ~ ~

“So does it mean I can get the loan?”

The elderly woman asked the bank clerk, expectance written all over her aged face.

“Of course ma’am, when we receive the approval and we transfer the money to your account, a text message will be sent your phone.” Junmyeon smile at the old lady reassuringly. “Make sure you check your phone everyday.”

The wrinkled hands reached out, holding Junmyeon’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter