Mysterious Verde

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"AT TIMES IT'S LONELY"

***

The rustles intensifies and all of them are more than ready to pounce the upcoming enemies. Sakura and Nako swiftly running, slicing through the wind in order to deliver the first blow. Nako ordered Sora to split into several parts to heightened their offensive blow.

 

As both of them almost reaching their target, they are taken by surprise as vines suddenly shoot out from the ground and restraint both of them. Watching how Sakura and Nako are in danger, Eunbi and Chaeyeon jumped on their feet and ready to deliver their next wave of attack.

 

"Halt! Who are you all? How come you can past our barriers?"

 

A high pitched voice urgently screams which making all of them frozen in their place. Eunbi and Chaeyeon shrieked as they see a bunch of small kids, not older than five years old with green skins popped out from the bushes around them.

 

"Kids? But they look a little weird."

 

Hyewon commenting casually which earned herself smack from Eunbi, Sakura and Chaeyeon.

 

"You all are mean."

 

Hyewon snorted while rubbing her head. She played with her hair as she turned away from three cranky ladies.

 

Hyewon:

 

"Watch your mouth, Hye. Is it hurt?"

 

Chaeyeon sighed at Hyewon and rubbed the girl head apologetically.

 

Chaeyeon:

 

"Never judge people by their appearance, Kang Hyewon."

 

Eunbi crossed her arms while staring in disapproval at Hyewon careless remarks. Hyewon just shrugged as if she didn't care at Eunbi but deep inside, she feels chills to hear Eunbi called her by her full name, fully aware that Eunbi is serious.

 

Eunbi:

 

You asked for it, hamster. 

 

Sakura rolled her eyes while steering away from the girl who is whining at the kind Chaeyeon who patiently tending her.

 

Sakura:

 

"Who are you all? Where are we? Spill, kids!"

 

Chaewon trying to catch one of the kids and threatened them but is stopped by Minjoo. 

 

Chaewon:

 

"No, Chaewon! You can't hit a kid!"

 

Minjoo raking her hair with her floss fingers in distress as she watched Chaewon attempt to hold the kid by their clothes that are made from leaves (choking, to be exact).

 

Minjoo:

 

"At last, someone smaller than me! We can be friends if you want. I don't bite, promise!"

 

Nako chirped happily while dancing along with the curious kids who are surrounding them.

 

Nako:

 

Hitomi facepalm as she heard her best friend's words. 

 

"How about me? Aren't we good friends already?"

 

Hitomi knows that Nako is really sensitive about her heights but Hitomi think that Nako is perfect just the way she is. Besides, Nako possess tons of good quality to make up with her height. For example, Nako has a sharp brain and always able to be calm in any situation. She gently nudged Nako who is playing well with the green kids.

 

Hitomi:

 

"Looking at them making me hungry. What's for lunch? Can I eat this instead?"

 

Yena pick up a sausage bread layered with breadcrumbs and munching it after Hyewon offered it to her. 

 

Yena:

 

"But Yena, that is Chaeyeon's! Hyewon, you cannot take others food without their permission."

 

Yuri nagged her older sister who is acting like a pair of 3 years old.

 

Yuri:

 

"Hey, aren't we are going off topic now? Who are these kids?"

 

Yujin feeling annoyed at the older members who are easily trailing off from their main concern. She is still holding Wonyoung tightly in her arms, refusing to let go the girl just in case they are being teleported again.

 

Yujin:

 

"Nuh, can you release me? I'm not going anywhere at the moment."

 

Wonyoung whimpered at Yujin who is ignoring her request. She says sighed and just peeking at the green kids in amusement because she never imagined that she will meet fantasy creature in her life.

 

Wonyoung:

 

Upon listening to Yujin words, the green kids are surrounding the girl's night in circle as they also are feeling curious about their newest visitors. It's been a long time since humans are able to step inside this forest and they couldn't hide their excitement to welcome them but first, all of them must confirm the young girls intention for coming into their territory.

 

"Hold on! We are not bad people! Hear us out first!"

 

Chaeyeon trying to initiate a space for talk, a discussion, mediation with the forest people. She explained about their circumstances and saying that all of them are teleported to this land through Leica, the Phoenix.

 

Upon listening to Chaeyeon explanation, the kids tilted their head before laying their eyes towards Wonyoung. They all gasped as they are eyeing the clueless girl who is struggling to be free from Yujin tight embraced. They whisper to each other, a bit loud to the point the girls are able to hear their murmur.

 

"Child of Prophecy? Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to save Modos now?"

 

One of them stepped up and questioning Wonyoung, as if the girl didn't supposed to be there in the forest at the moment. Wonyoung just looked at them blankly because she didn't remember such things.

 

Wonyoung just realized that she woke up in a weird place accompanied by 11 beautiful strangers who can probably pass to be in an idol group, just like her. Thus, she shakes her head, denying the green kids claim.

 

The forest kids looks confused when Wonyoung rejected their claim. Realizing that Wonyoung is not being herself, Yujin kindly explaining Wonyoung condition to the kids.

 

"Sorry, this girl unfortunately loses her memory due to an unpleasant situation from earlier."

 

"Indeed, she is the Child of Prophecy like you claim but how do you know that?"

 

Sakura interrupted while staring suspiciously at the kids. Even Wonyoung herself is surprised to hear such things from strangers but she decided to keep mum for now. It is because she herself is not sure what is going on.

 

"But it isn't the time yet for the Child of Prophecy to come here."

 

One of them blurted but quickly get its mouth covered by the others. Sakura is intrigued to know the meaning behind the kids words but then, they just staring at Wonyoung before backing off.

 

"Not complete."

 

"Must punish bad guys."

 

As they running away those are the only thing that they mumbled. Even Sakura and Nako didn't have any chance to catch up with them as they suddenly disappeared while running away into the woods.

 

"What craziness is happening now?"

 

Eunbi pinched the bridge of her nose as she pondering about their newest hurdle. She sighed deeply while trying to be calm and analyze those kids words. Heck, even Sakura explanation about Wonyoung being the Child of Prophecy didn't sink well in her head yet and now, she must think about another matter.

 

After the forest denizens disappeared, their surrounding turned eerily silent which made the girls shuddered. Earlier, they can hear the sounds of crickets and birds happily chirping but for some reason, the atmosphere turned heavy. None of them dare to break the deafening silence until a buzzing sound coming from Yuri.

 

Aden coming out from Yuri shadow while yawning. Facing Poseidon tremendous aura from earlier really exhausting Aden and it decided to take a short rest. However, when it come out, Yuri flicked it as Aden is showing little respect towards others by carelessly yawning in front of them.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter