02 | COFFEE BROWN

midsummer madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARK SWIPED THROUGH his gallery, poring over the photos and clips he had of his summer break with his friends so far. the plan was to meet up at the little café a few blocks from where they had split up but mark had given up on sightseeing early when yukhei disappeared on him.

he was already assembling a montage of their trip together. the cup of café mocha he had ordered st on the table, untouched. mark enjoyed making videos. they were memories. the sort that lasted for years and he could replay over and over if he ever forgot.

"mark?"

his fingers hovered over the keyboard of his laptop, the pulsating of his heart rising in tempo. and even before his eyes gazed up, he knew who stood in front of him that voice. the way his name rolled off their tongue warmly. it could only be one person. donghyuck.

as his eyes met his, everything else seemed to still. not because they had, but because mark could only focus on his face and that smile that snatched the air out of his lungs. his mass of soft hair, as seemed to be usual, were left free to billow in the breeze. his honey tan skin glowed liked glazed doughnuts fresh out of the oven.

again, mark realized a bit too late that he was gawking and saying nothing.

"donghyuck." he let a smile pull the corners of his mouth up. donghyuck's smile became even brighter. "i thought it was you. may i?" he gestured to the seat across him. his head bobbed in a too enthusiastic nod and he had to play it off by ruffling his hair.

a small chuckle left donghyuck's lips as he seemed to notice his actions before he slid into the chair. coffee brown eyes regarded him in silence for a few seconds, causing mark's latent self-consciousness to make an appearance. "busy?" donghyuck finally spoke up.

"no, it's just something i do in my free time." he replied softly, reaching to shut the laptop. the pretty boy's hands reached to stop him, fingers grazing his skin lightly. all the nerves in mark's body seemed to rush to the points of contact and his skin might as well have been on fire. he forced himself to disregard the reaction. "clearly, it's something you enjoy doing. don't let me stop you." his smile was small, head tilting one way.

"it's rude if we're talking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter