That Night

That Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Mom, Dad,

 

I'm sorry.

 

I love you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

I sneaked out of my room and left my note just above the computer. It was around 11pm and everyone at home has just fallen asleep.

 

I already had my escape thought out. This night is what I have been planning about for months too. But ever since our neighbor came, I couldn't execute my plan quietly.

 

A Japanese family moved in the house beside ours just when I started my plans. And their daughter's room was just across mine.

 

Every night she'd sit on her window just quietly watching the night sky. I don't know why though. She seemed to be talking to the moon?

 

Anyway, she has been the reason it's hard for me to do what I planned out because then she'd see me sneaking out.

 

One time she did.

 

"Hey. Where you going at this time of the night? Can I come with?"

 

"It's none of your business. And can you not creep people out? You're going to give me a heart attack for 's sake."

 

She seemed to be the type of person who's bored enough to want to sneak out with a complete stranger.

 

"Sorry. Just thought you knew I was right here and was intentionally letting me see you sneak out in the middle of the night. I thought it was some kind of invitation. I totally read it wrong. Goodnight!"

 

She shouldn't have seen me though. No one can see me. That was a part of the plan.

 

So I waited till tonight, when she wasn't on her window, to finally attempt to do it again.

 

I successfully climbed down the stairs I set earlier before my Dad closed the doors. It wasn't really easy to hide but I'm glad nobody noticed.

 

I proceeded to get my bike and ride it straight to the lake just outside town. Nobody really goes there. I guess people believed in the same ghost story going around about a crying lady in the cabin near the lake.

 

I don't believe in ghost stories though. I believe if people should be scared, they should be scared of their own thoughts.

 

It's what can drive them crazy. It's what can drive them to do stupid things.

 

Like what I was planning to do.

 

When I arrived, I gathered the rocks I was going to use for my plan. The rocks needed to be heavy, but small enough to fit inside the pockets of my hoodie.

 

Luckily, there was a pile of rocks near the cabin just the right size and weight of what I needed to use.

 

But just then, the cabin's door suddenly opened and a girl went out. I hid behind the pile of rocks just in case it was some kind of serial killer or something. I can't get killed by a murderer. That wasn't on the plan.

 

But . Why the was she here? Is she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter