2:2

Fame and EXO (Book One of ExHaLe series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

These are your files for the next few months, it includes your requirements to debut and how we will be going about our training." Manager Wanda Kim said, passing the girls individual files.

The morning after yesterday's events, the girls were energized and ready; all coming to one of the building's conference rooms refreshed and on time. Opportunities like these didn't come around every day and they all knew they had take advantage of it. They sat together at the long table, eager to hear what Manager Kim had to say.

"Now today we will be learning about one another and becoming familiar as a team." Manager Kim informed. She was dressed in a grey and white pants suit, her shirt tucked tightly into her pants with her short hair curled around her chin. She seemed to be about 40 years old and was relatively nice despite her strong features.

"Now let me tell you a little bit about myself. I grew up in the beautiful city of Daegu, graduated from high school, and immediately flew across the world to Australia to practice business management. When I got my degree, I came back to Seoul and decided to apply as a manager for SM. It was a goal of mine to be able to little bright-eyed bobblehead kids like yourselves " Chaerin frowned, " to achieve greatness. Any questions?"

Rebecca raised her hand and Manager Kim nodded at her. "What groups have you managed before-"

"Enough questions. Anyways, be sure to carefully look over these pamphlets while you're here because I will be collecting them before you leave today." Manager Kim took a swig of her cup probably containing some type of alcohol and did not bother to answer the young girl.

Hyejin began to look through her files, seeing her biological information and other things that she would need to look forward to.

"It says here that some of us will be subject stage names." She said, excitedly. The other girls stopped and immediately began looking for the page number Hyejin was on.

"Actually yes, some of you." Manager Kim pointed out. "The thing is with stage names, it's usually to make your actual name more interesting."

"Like a nickname." Jisoo added.

Manager Kim nodded, approvingly. "Exactly, but remember you all won't be getting a stage name. If your name is hard to say or too long, then it would be a bit necessary to give you a stage name."

"Have you decided who will be getting stage names?" Meizhen asked. No one had really heard her talk before, so it shocked the girls to hear how loud and clear her voice was.

The woman chuckled and nodded. "Yes, we have your names and everything figured out already but you won't know about any of them until 3 more weeks when we have decided your positions in the group."

"Have you figured out our group name yet?" Rebecca asked.

"Yeah, are we allowed to know that? " Chaerin said. She was hoping it would be something cool and new and not unrealistic, like the name of a cake flavor or type of planet.

"We decided that the group name will be ExHaLe."

The room was quiet for a moment as everyone let the name soak in their brains. "ExHaLe, like the English word for taking a breath?" Soobin inquired.

Manager Kim stopped at the back of her black swivel chair and leaned on her elbows. "We wanted your name to mean something like an expectation. When you gather fans, your performance will be so good, to the point where each and everyone watching will be absolutely breathless. They won't remember until the end to exhale."

"That's pretty dope." Seoyun commented, satisfied.

"Now I'm sure you're all very excited and have a lot of questions, but we should get down to business. Let me break things down for you ladies, okay?" She leaned down on the edge of the table with her palms for support, looking all the girls in their eyes.

"From now on, you will be training your hardest until you debut. We've chosen you girls to be our next top girl group and we expect no less. With my help, in the next few months you ten will become real idols and not the measly trainees that you are now."

"Ouch."

"This is where things get serious, so you either in or you're not." She scanned each girl with speculating eyes, an eerie silence filled the room.

"I'm in." Jisoo said confidently, her head held high a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter