that warm voice to encourage me

be as one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

me? working on a 12k+ satzu fantasy fic instead of working on the 1200000 things i should be working on? never.

 

 

“Nico say Umma,” Momo giggled and picked up her baby, rolling on her back and picking up the baby, holding her above her head. Nico giggled in response and Momo pulled the child close to her chest. “Um-ma.” Momo sounded out.

“Ma!” The child giggled and yelled out. 

“Um-ma, come on you can do this baby girl.”

“Momo stop trying to cheat.” Mina rolled her eyes as she came into the room, a plate of fruit in her hands. “She going to say her first word when she feels like it.”


“I know, I’m just making sure her first word is Umma so I win,” Momo giggled and kissed a raspberry into Nico’s tummy. The baby laughed even louder and Momo kissed a second raspberry onto Nico’s belly button.

“Ma is pretty ambiguous Momo, she could honestly be trying to call any of us.” Mina rolled her eyes. 

“But it’s the closet to Umma,” Momo argued. 

“Sure it is,” Mina giggled and sat on the couch. “Should I even bother telling you to get off the floor or are you just going to ignore me anyway?”

“But Nico and I like playing on the floor.” Momo pouted, kissing Nico’s bellybutton once again. “Hey remember when you nearly messed up cutting her umbilical cord? We could have ended up with an outie instead of our cute little innie.”

“You didn’t have to mention that,” Mina’s face scrunched up.

“But you looked you cute, your were crying your eyes out and your hands shaking.” 

“Hey if I remember correctly you were crying too,” Mina rolled her eyes and grabbed the tv remote.

“Don’t recall that,” Momo teased. “What are you eating?” Momo asked, sniffing the air like a dog.

“Grapes, you want some?” Momo nodded and pulled Nico to her chest before standing up and sitting close to her partner on the couch. Momo opened for Mina to place a grape in it. Mina rolled her eyes as she slowly fed her lover. Nico pulled on Momo’s shirt and Momo giggled, pressing kisses to Nico’s hair. She grabbed a stuffed penguin off the wooden table and handed it to Nico, who happily accepted it and pulled on it’s paws. 

“I’m home!” Sana called in Japanese and the heard the front door close and the sound of their dog shaking her head and her tags jiggling and the tell tale sign of paws on wooden floor. They were barely able to blink before their dog was jumping up onto the couch and trying to steal some grapes from Mina. 

“Ugh Hime, your all wet, get off the couch,” Mina groaned, holding the plate above her head. 

“C’mere Hime,” Momo picked up the dog with her free arm and pulled it onto her lap with the baby. Nico looked at the small white dog and tried to grab her, the dog expertly avoiding the baby by jumping into Mina’s lap.

“You have to pick Momo, dog or baby, you can’t have both.” Mina rolled her eyes and rubbed the dogs head, one hand still holding the grapes over her head. 

“What are you two doing?” Sana asked as she came into the living room, slipping out of her thin jacket and shaking off the bit of rain that got on her.

“Momo’s trying to cheat at our bet.” Mina remarked.

“Am not,” Momo whined. “I just was trying to help Nico say Umma.”

“Guys she’s too young for speaking yet.” Sana giggled. “She’s not even half a year old yet.”

“I read that sometime really smart baby’s can speak this early, and I know our baby is really smart.” Momo commented, burying her nose into the baby’s thin hair. “Plus she’s been saying Ma, which means she’s clearly trying to say Umma.”

“Why don’t we ask her?” Sana asked as she jumped onto the couch on her stomach, propping her face on her hands so it was level with Nico. “Whose Ma baby?"

“Ma!” Nico repeated, clapping her hands happily. 

“Yes but is Ma Oka-san?” Sana pointed to herself. “Umma?” She pointed to Momo. “Or mommy?” She pointed towards Mina, who had finally gotten the dog off the couch. 

“Ma,” Nico giggled and pointed towards the ceiling. 

“Okay, I don’t get it,” Sana sighed. “She could honestly be talking about anything.”

“See?” Mina turned towards Momo.

“Okay fine,” Momo pouted. “But the real question is what’s for dinner?” 

“Well so far I only have Nico’s dinner planned but if your really hungry I suppose I could make an extra bottle and open a new bottle of mashed carrots-”

“Not again. I am not drinking rice milk and formula again.” Momo scrunched up her face. “Once was enough.”

“Oh god I remember that! You thought Minari was making hot chocolate for you so you added chocolate powder and drank Nico-ya’s milk,” Sana laughed.

“Hey idiotic dumb new parent mistake okay?” 

“Momo that was two weeks ago,” Mina rolled her eyes. 

“Okay well I could have never imagined how terrible formula is.” Momo rolled her eyes. “Especially with rice milk, which is already funky in and of itself.” Momo looked down at the baby when Nico giggled again and found Sana playing silent peek a boo with the baby. 

“Can we put Nico to bed early?” Sana asked after leaning forward and placing a kiss on Nico’s cheek. “She’s looking a little sleepy and I want to spend y times with you two tonight.”

“Sana, our baby is right here,” Mina reminded. “But good luck getting her to bed anytime soon.” 

“Nah, we just need to give her a bath and her food early and she won’t know it’s early at all.” Sana dismissed, picking up her baby and placing multiple kisses on her cheeks. “Come on Nico-ya, bath time.” Nico pointed towards Momo and Momo made a big deal out of it. (Nico was in her pointing phase, she loved to point at anything and everything). 
“Ma?” Nico asked.

“See! She is trying to say Umma!” Momo grinned, jumping to her feet. “Come on Nic, you can do it. Um-ma.”

“Ma,” Nico repeated, burying her face into Sana’s neck.

“She’s just like you Momo, she gets into her own little word, and it’s useless to try and figure her out.” Mina sighed, fighting the grin on her face. 

“Hey it’s sweet, it means she’s thinking about a lot.” Momo pouted, sitting back down and putting her head in Mina’s lap.

“She’s five and a half months old,” Mina laughed. “What could she possibly be thinking about?”

“Milk?” Momo suggested. “Sana’s s?”

“There was a much less disgusting way to say that you know?” Mina blushed and flicked Momo’s forehead. “Also she’s been weaned for like a month now, she probably doesn’t even know there’s other ways to get milk other than a bottle.” Mina’s cheeks flushed an even more concentrated shade of pink. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter