It's A Date

Fatal Love, Pretty Foolish Love, Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul laid the blanket she brought over the grass under a big tree for shade; she wanted to have a picnic in the park with Wheein as their first date.

It was simple; different from those extravagant dates that she's been on from her past boyfriends.

It's nice; Wheein thinks.

"What did you bring?" Wheein asked excitedly as she attempts to open the basket, but Byul stopped her.

"Let me do the honors. All you have to do is sit there and look beautiful." Byul said, grabbing the basket from Wheein, "I'm sure you won't have any problem with the last part." Byul remarks, making Wheein smile, rolling her eyes.

Byul brings out their food excitedly, one by one, announcing each dish as she takes it out from the basket, "First we have hawaiian sandwiches" she starts, placing it on the blanket, "dumplings, gimbap, two cans of beer; but I also brought two cans of soda in case you don't want to drink." Byul notes. "And of course, chicken feet." she says proudly, knowing that it's Wheein's favorite dish, and as expected, Wheein smile grew bigger seeing her favorite food.

"Awww, have I told you that I love you?" Wheein coos.

"Yes, but I don't mind hearing it over and over again." Byul replies.

Wheein smiles, "I love you." she says sincerely. She leans forward to place a kiss on Byul's cheek.

After they ate their food, they decided to just lie there to take in and appreciate the view in front of them. Wheein's head rested on Moonbyul's legs while Moonbyul leaned against the trunk of the tree.

They were both contented with the silence until one familiar face from their school passed by and caught Wheein's attention. "What do you think about Hyuna Sunbaenim?" she asked Moonbyul as she looked up to see her girlfriend's face.

"What do you mean what do I think about her?" Moonbyul asked as she looked down to see her girlfriend's face, trying to register what she meant by it.

Wheein just looked at her girlfriend expectantly, silently telling Byul that whatever it is she's thinking, its probably right. "Oh, you mean do I-well, she's beautiful. Everybody with eyes can see that."

Wheein sat up straight, huffed, then pouted and crossed her arms.

Moonbyul gave her an amused smile that isn't so far from what she feels. "But you asked me." She chuckled. "I'm just being honest."

"Oh, thank you then." The blonde said sarcastically. "It's great to know that my girlfriend thinks a popular girl in our campus is beautiful."

Moonbyul scoffed with a smile. "I don't think there's anything wrong with that; I just have great taste." she states. "I mean, look at my girlfriend." she reasons.

Wheein raised her eyebrow, "So you only like me for my looks?" she asked teasingly.

"That's just a bonus." Moonbyul answered truthfully. "And besides...I don't just like you." she said, thinking that the word like is putting it lightly.

Wheein smiled then pouts again before she said, "What do you love about me, then?"

Moonbyul answered without needing to think about it, "I love you because you're you."

That made Wheein smile bigger. "That's sweet of you."

Moonbyul smirked. "You think so?"

"Uh-huh. You're the sweetest person I've ever met." The blonde agreed that made her girlfriend grin.

"So you only like me because I'm sweet?" Moonbyul asked in return to Wheein's previous question, making Wheein laugh.

"That's just a bonus." Wheein said as she kissed Moonbyul in her cheek. "And besides...I don't just like you." she said with a teasing smile as she mimics Byul's previous statement.

Moonbyul raised her eyebrow at Wheein. "Why do you love me then?"

"I don't know." Wheein just shrugged. "I honestly can't point out just one, because everday I find another reason to love you." she answers truthfully.

Moonbyul couldn't help but lean in and kiss her girlfriend on her cheek. Somehow her previous answer felt lame because of how sincere and touching Wheein's answer is. "I love you."

"I love you too." Wheein answered back and tried to kiss Moonbyul on the lips, but she stopped before their lips could touch, "Wait, I just realiez this is our first offi-" Apparently Moonbyul couldn't wait any longer, so she leaned closer to Wheein for their lips to touch, but her lips touched Wheein's hands instead.

The blonde stood up and waited for her girlfriend to stand as well.

"Are you trying to be a tease, Babe?" Moonbyul asked as she stood up.

"Maybe?" Wheein smiled showing her dimples, which made Moonbyul smile as well. "But I was just thinking..." the girl hesitated.

"Come on, what is it?" Moonbyul asked expectantly.

"Do you, maybe want to go to our house? My parents-" she stopped when she saw Moonbyul crossed her arms to cover her body, exaggeratedly, if she may add.

"Shut up!" she slapped her girlfriend's left arm. "You know I'm not talking about that."

Moonbyul chuckled. "I'm just kidding but yes."

The blonde looked at her questioningly.

"Yes, I'd love it if you'd introduce me to your parents as...you know..." Moonbyul said, now caressing the back of her neck with her left hand.

Wheein grinned at the sight of a nervous and shy Moonbyul. "My girlfriend." She confirmed, as if it was the first time.

Moonbyul could only smile, it still has the same effect on her, hearing Wheein call her, her girlfriend.

"I mean, my Mom knows..." Wheein said casually as if it would prevent Moonbyul from panicking.

"What?! How come I didn't know this? What did she say? Is that why we need to go to your house now?" Moonbyul asked continuously.

"Byul, breathe. It's okay." Wheein said calmly.

"Okay? How could this be ok-"

"She's okay with it." Wheein interrupted the brunette.

Moonbyul's face started to relax. "She is?"

"Yeah, I said to her, 'Mom, Byul and I are going on a date today, can I go?' then she said 'Ooh, you're having a friendly date? That's sweet.' And I said 'No, mom, it's a date date.'

Then she said, 'Oh, okay.' As realization sink in...

'Okay? So you don't care?' I said crossing my fingers.

She said 'Of course I do, but should I be worried?'

'Nope, you have nothing to worry about. Definitely.' And that's the end of it really, I hugged her and kissed her and thanked her and said that I love her."

M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter