Letter

A Letter to my soulmate

We were soulmates.

You were my best friend, my other half, my sister. You were my soulmate.

We've been through a lot and i mean a lot.
From the hardships that we encountered to the ups and downs of life, we were there for each other.

You smiled at me as if I held the universe in my hand. I made you laugh like you were a small child again, and held you during times that made you feel like life was dragging you down.

We were the envy of our friends. Saying that all we needed to do was just get married for real.


But as the days passed by I slowly felt that you were slipping away, from the 'i love you' sounding cold and distant to the morning and midnight texts feeling forced and scarce.

Then one day, out of the blue you suddenly told me that you fell out of love with me. I was speechless. You apologized for not being able to keep our promise to each other, all the dreams that we made.

You left and suddenly I felt the agony and despair of heartbreak. All the shattered dreams of us, our visions of the future and how we were going to be together until we're old. All gone.

Then I saw you again this time with a man, laughing as if you were the embodiment of the sun and giving him the dimpled smile you would always give me back when we were still together. I smiled, remembering that you used to smile and look at me the way you look at him right now. As if he put the stars and constellation in sky.

And now that you are finally going to have your forever with him. I only asked for you not to forget, that I was once your best friend, that I was once your other half, that I was once was the one you dreamed your future with, that I was once was the girl you considered your sister and that I was and always will be your soulmate. I hoped you will love him as much as you have loved me.

And so I wrote this letter to you as a reminder that I will always be here for you and that I will love you until the day that we will be each others soulmate and destiny.