fin.

Mt. Buller
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[a/n:] the conversations in italics means they’re talking in japanese. enjoy reading! 

 

 

mina swears she loves her cousin. she really does. and trust me, she’d do everything to see her cousin’s smile (including going to places the little girl wants to go to). but she freakin hates mountains (and cold weather too), and the thing is, her little cousin, mei, just came to melbourne for vacation and wants the older girl (who has lived in melbourne for over 5 years) to take her to mt. buller, and like, anywhere but mt. buller please.

mina had tried every single excuse she could think of but the eight years old kid still wouldn’t budge. so when mei used her last weapon (which are her puppy eyes and her little pout), the black-haired japanese could only sigh. “fine, fine. but this will be the first and also the last time, alright? i’m not going if you ever wanna go to mt. buller again someday”

“yay! this is why mina onee-chan is the best!” the little kid jumps happily, hugging the older girl’s feet (only because she still can’t reach the latter’s waist). mina then smiles in response, god i’m such a good sister, ruffling her cousin’s hair. “of course i am the best, mei.”

mina just wishes the trip to mt. buller won’t be as bad as she thinks it will be.

 

 

god has answered my prayer. the japanese almost immediately freezes, (she’d like to believe it’s because of the weather though, not because of a certain cute girl she saw just now). it’s currently 1°C in this early morning but this tour guide for their trip to mt. buller, this one tour guide, who has a big pair of bunny-teeth with the prettiest eye-smile ever, still greets everyone with the friendliest and biggest smile mina has ever seen. oh, mina doesn’t think she herself can ever be that friendly in a weather like this.

(mina also secretly thanking god she decided to buy this one day tour package to mt. buller from jype holidays which includes professional tour guides, and i mean, who wouldn’t be if the tour guide is this pretty).

“mina onee-chan! please translate the tour guide’s words for me if she ever say anything. this is why you should’ve just teach me how to speak english” mei juts out her bottom lip a bit, tugging at the older girl’s long jacket. mina only nods, as she then listens to her cousin’s ramble about the things she's going to do at the mountain.

“mei, i’ve told you earlier. we will only be snowboarding today. who’s gonna be your best onee-chan if i have a heart attack while skiing with you? i can’t even ride amusement park’s rides”

“miss sharon myoui?”

mina quickly turns her head to the voice’s direction as she notices someone calling her name, only to find herself freezing again, (and it’s obviously because of the weather). “y-yes, it’s me”

“alright! so miss sharon and miss mei.. which is this adorable kid right here, right?” the tour guide says, with a smile on her face as she pats the little kid’s head, earning a wide grin from mei. (and this girl looks even more beautiful up-close, mina figured).

“yep. and you are..?” mina replies, cringing at her poor attempt to get to know the pretty tour guide’s name. the latter’s stare then moves from mei to the older japanese, before she lets out a small laugh. “i’m the tour guide. and for the name, miss, don’t worry, you’ll get to know it soon”

“i’ll see you two around then!”, and with that, (plus a big grin as a bonus), the girl walks away to check on the other members of the group, leaving mina being stared weirdly by mei.

“do you like the tour guide, onee-chan?”

mina turns to stare at mei in shock, before shaking her head. “mei, please, i literally don’t even know who she is”

“that doesn’t mean onee-chan can’t like her, right? it’s the first time of me seeing hearts in onee-chan’s eyes”

the black-haired girl face-palms, (because of her cousin’s statement and maybe also to cover her redden cheeks). “you’re only eight years old, mei, what do you know about heart eyes?”

mina’s question was only replied by the little kid’s wide grin, a teasing one. well.. fine, maybe she does find the tour guide attractive.

 

three hours sitting in the bus doesn’t amuse mina, (her hurts, and so does her back), plus the very excited mei isn't helping at all. and also this tour guide, (another pretty tour guide, but still isn’t as pretty as the girl with bunny-teeth earlier, in mina’s eyes), who introduced herself as sally could only speak english and mandarin so mina had to translate everything to her cousin.

a little frustration was possible to be seen on her face. though as she sees the bunny-like girl (who apparently sits like two rows in front of her) emits a small giggle seeing her and her cousin, a small smile quickly made its way to mina’s lips.

maybe this trip won’t be so bad after all.

 

it was finally the time to go home. sure, mina hates mountains and cold weather, but seeing mei smiling widely and laughing happily as she went snowboarding earlier, it really did warm her heart. (and the black-haired girl doesn’t want to trade anything for this).

unfortunately though, mina didn't get to see the tour guide mei keeps insisting the older girl has a little crush on, which is the bunny-like girl, (and which mina would always deny obviously). the japanese only saw her again when they're already on the bus on the way home.

and what more is someone took her previous seat so she had to sit at the back row of the bus, and which also means she'd be very far from the pretty tour guide. thank god there's a quick stop for the group to go to the toilet so she could (finally) talk to the girl.

"so, what do you think? did you enjoy the visit, miss?"

"well, honestly,  i didn't really do anything there except watching mei playing. but she was laughing a lot so i guess i did enjoy it as well" the japanese answers, can't help but smile back as she sees the latter's charming smile.

"i'm glad you did then. hope it’s not the last time of me seeing you going to mt. buller with us" the tour guide grins, showing her bunny-teeth completely which mina finds incredibly adorable.

“i hope so as well. although i haven’t gotten to know your name, sadly” mina replies, once again attempting to know the girl’s name, and which once again also was only replied by a laugh.

“then i guess you just gotta come here again someday and by then, i’ll tell you my name”

 

 

both mei and mina were surprised that they’re going to mt. buller again on sunday, which is literally the next day after the last time they went there.

(the difference is mei was surprised because her older cousin is actually the one who offered to go there, meanwhile mina was surprised because she wants to go to mt. buller again only to get to know the pretty tour guide’s name).

“onee-chan, i thought you hate going to mountains”

“i do. i just.. love seeing you happy and you seemed to really love playing there. weekends are the only time i’m free and you’re already going back to japan next week so, we should make the best of it, don’t you think?”

well, those weren’t lies. mina does love seeing mei happy. but seeing the older japanese’s eyes immediately lit up as she sees the pretty tour guide coming to greet them, mei can’t help but grin knowing the actual reason mina wants to go there again.

“good morning, miss sharon. and little mei” the girl says cheerfully,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter