First Meeting

Something Just Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Backstory timeee~
 


Mina wakes up to the deafening blaring of her alarm. She groggily searches for her phone while trying to keep her consciousness, she finds it about three minutes later and once she opens it, she’s blinded by its luminous screen. After a few seconds, she is finally well adjusted to the bright light of her phone. Mina then checks the time and sees that it’s only almost 4:00 in the morning, which is usually the time for her to start wandering out on the streets as she has for the past four months. She sets her phone back down on her bed and gets up, heading towards her bathroom.

Looking in the mirror, she sees a girl with ashen skin and slender limbs. She isn’t who she was before. She used to smile back then, smile with her close to perfect lips and gummy smile. She used to smile like that. Smile that genuine smile. But things are different now. She’s not who she used to be, she doesn’t feel like how she used to feel, and she might never ever feel that way again.

It takes her a few moments to clear her mind and start doing her daily routine. She starts by splashing cold water on her face and brushing her teeth. She contemplates on whether she should take a shower now or after her walk, and then decides that it’d be better to shower after. Once she’s out of the bathroom, she heads towards her closet and takes a black long-sleeved turtleneck shirt and a maroon coat, and then she puts it all on. After getting dressed she puts her phone in the back pocket of her jeans and her wallet somewhere within one of the pockets of her coat.

She exits her house and starts her so-called journey. Mina lives in a small town near the forest with a beautiful diversity of flora. This isn’t where she grew up, but this is the place she ran away to after the incident. She walks around aimlessly with no certain destination in mind, her mind wandering off somewhere into outer space.

Once her clouded mind clears again once more, she finds herself standing in front of a small coffee shop with a bit of foliage lining its walls. She was never really that much of a fan of coffee shops or just coffee in general, but this one just has a certain vibe to it that just pulls her in. She can’t really put a finger on what it was that captured her, could it be the rustic design? The vintage looking tables and chairs? Or maybe it was the fact that the barista was smiling her way. A faint blush of embarrassment creeps up her neck as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter