Chapter 9

Stained Wings

When Minhyuk woke up, he saw that he was in a bubble. He started to check it out and soon realised that it must be some sort of holding cell. Then he saw two figures move towards his bubble. He quickly lay down and pretended to still be knocked out.

He couldnt make out the distorted sounds at first but then he managed to decipher what the one figure said, I see that history has been reborn. He continued to hear snippets, “…. Her son…” and then he clearly heard, He is the one assigned to turn Calissa against us.

He forced himself not to open his eyes and give himself away. He was in shock though, how did the Angels find out. This was classified information. Also, what were they talking about? Why did these Angels and his grandparents refer to history repeating itself?

In the time that he was thinking, the two figures had left and Minhyuk was left on his own again.

Some time passed and Minhyuk guessed that a day or two had passed. Somehow meals appeared in his bubble and the chamber pot was always kept clean. Plus, he had received two bowls of water with which to clean himself with.

It had been three days since Minhyuk had been called away and Calissa sensed a tension in the air.

She was starting to grow restless. That evening, she decided she would risk getting hurt in order to get the answers that she was desperate for.

Calissa took a deep breath and knocked on the sitting room door.

A voice answered, Come in.

Calissa walked in more confidently than she felt.

May I help you with something? the elderly woman asked coolly with a raised eyebrow.

Calissas lips felt dry and she opened before closing it. She finally gathered enough courage to say, Is Minhyuk okay?

The elderly womans eyes flashed at her but as quickly as it arrived it was gone, in its place was a blank look, Why do you ask?

Its just that he was called away suddenly and I can feel that something is wrong.

The elderly woman was silent.

Calissa was beginning to feel like she had made the wrong decision by coming here.

I suppose it wont hurt for you to know, the elderly woman said softly. The Academy was attacked by Angels and Minhyuk was one of a few who were taken prisoner.

Calissa was shocked, her own people had taken Minhyuk away. She nodded and said, Thank you for letting me know. She hurried out the room towards her own room. She was confused, she should be happy that the Angels were finally making a stand and yet she felt an anger in herself. How could they take Minhyuk away? Why did they do that? What was she going to do?

With thoughts of Minhyuks well-being in her mind, she fell into an uneasy sleep.