Three

King Of My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The sun was at its highest as I stood in the never-ending queue for the local bus. Me and many others impatiently waited for. After a couple of more minutes, the half – full bus arrived, and stopped with a jerk. Its engine let out a deep sigh, as though it reminded itself of the heavy weight it was going to carry.

The bus started moving, its slow pace faster than mine as I looked for a seat, my knees wobbling and hands unsteady. There was no space to breath, let alone move around. Passengers were still settling down, some being the fourth on a seat for two.

After I saw a seat, I headed my way there and settled myself. Looking by the window of the bus I was deep in thought.

 

I like drinking tea alone, and reading alone. I like riding the bus alone and walking home alone. I like eating alone and listening to music alone.

But when I see a mother with her child; a girl with her lover; or friends laughing inside the bus... I realize that even though I like being alone... I don't fancy being lonely.

 

And Love. That magical word.

For me it always doesn’t meant to be. I’m still hoping though, but I want to live for a while away from heartbreaks and dramas.

 

Yeah, that’s just fine for me.

 

---

 

As I headed to my office, my co-worker slash my friend greeted me as I entered by the door with much enthusiasm.

Her name’s Jung Mina. Her tall frame and slender body were like of a Victoria secret model. Her large liquid brown eyes held such an intelligence. Hair so straight and beautiful. I'd even see the other boys trip over themselves in her presence, she was that beautiful.

 

“Hi, Ms. Jung,” I greet her back with a smile. Compared to her I was just average. She hugs me warmly. “So, Ms. Stephie, how are you today? We have a new boss!” I stare at her squealing with excitement.

Well that’s a big news. Finally, we had someone to manage us directly by the BIG BOSS.

“I’m good, but really? When will he start coming here?” I ask her, I better get ready for this. There’s so much things to do and I need to prepare as well.

“Today! Starting today! Steph and he will choose among us here to be his assistant or secretary,” God gracious. This is nerve wrecking. I’m just quite new to my job and that was just fast. I don’t want to be his assistant or secretary. But for sure the one who is the newest in the company will be their prey.

“I heard he was a very strict boss, and he’s quite hard headed and perfectionist too. So, a very small mistake can make him mad, as what the other says here. This is scary, Stephie!” My eyes widen.

 

---

“You will be the secretary, Ms. Lim.” My manager talked to me in private. This is it. I knew it already that I will be their prey and as I expected, this is really worrisome. I just think positively hoping for the better. If it’s for me then, it’s for me. I don’t want to risk losing my job. It’s hard to find a job these days and I need a better income for the future.

“Your salary will increase of course, but there will be some terms since you are chosen. We did not choose among you guys just for the sake of choosing. Our boss, Mr. Kim chooses you and we talked about it tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter