Chapter Three

Selfless

I saw Jongin let out a deep sigh as his lips form a small frown. I smiled at him a little, taking the cup of coffee to my lips. "Jiwon." I glanced back at him with a teasing smile. I know I looked innocent at the moment and it surely added some frustration on my younger brother. "I thought we're going to get drunk?" Jongin said and I couldn't keep myself from letting out a light chuckle.

"You know I can't. Minho will get mad at me." I replied with a smile, then slowly realizing just now that Minho had already broken up with me. The man who used to get mad when I get drunk without him, now gone. I wondered, would he even care if I get drunk?

"Tch. He doesn't have to know." I heard my brother say. I shook my head, I still won't allow myself or him to get drunk this noon time.

"Jongin, may I remind you. We still have classes to attend to." I rolled my eyes and took another sip on my cup. My eyes fell towards the café's door and I could clearly see Seojoon's face as he enters the café. He looked as if he was searching for someone and I knew it was my brother he was looking for. Our eyes meet and I let out a small smile. Okay... This is kind of awkward.

Seojoon stopped in front of us, his eyes looking at Jongin. "Mr. Kim Jongin." He spoke in a formal tone and I don't know why, but it felt like he was completely a different person. He never smiled at me, he didn't even looked at me again. Though I can understand the reason, it just feels unfair that he's treating me this way.

Jongin looked over his shoulder and raised an eyebrow the moment he learned it was Seojoon. I knew I had to stand up as well as soon as my brother stood up to meet Seojoon's height. "What do you want?" My brother replied back in a cold tone and I hold on his right arm, ready to stop him from causing another possible fight.

"Jongin, stop. I know Seojoon came in peace." I murmured, looking straight at Seojoon's eyes. "What is it, Seojoon? I already apologized, right?" I said in a questioning tone. Was my apology not enough? Well on a second thought, Jongin hurt his brother not just physically but emotionally too. People surely are talking about the two now. They had become the talk of the town thanks to my brother. I sighed deeply.

"Mr. Lee wants to speak with you." Seojoon replied, his face's features turned soft as he glanced at me. There you go. I really thought the once bubbly man I just met is already gone just like my ex-fiance. I know he wasn't really mad at me. What happened was just a situation that could actually be fixed.

"I don't have ing time---" I almost forgot what Seojoon just said. I pulled Jongin towards me, stopping him from going anywhere. Mr. Lee is the Campus Director and Head Guidance of Seoul University. This isn't the first time my brother is being send for to the guidance office, but this will be the first time he will go to the guidance office. "Jiwon, let me go." He tried to pull his arm away but I hugged it tightly.

"No. You're coming with us. Didn't you heard what Seojoon said? Mr. Lee wants to speak with you, now c'mon." I pulled Jongin to walk with me. He kept on pulling his arm away but I'm not going to let him go this time.

"Ah, here he is---" Mr. Lee stopped as soon as he saw me and Jongin entering the office. He looked as if he was frozen on his seat. "Mr. and Ms. Kim?" He asked, quite confused and surprised. "What can I do for you?"

"Mr. Lee, Kim Jongin was the one who attacked my brother." Seojoon said in a calm tone. I looked at his hand as it made its way on his brother's shoulder. My eyes then caught Chanyeol's face, he wasn't looking at us and it actually hurts me (somehow) to know that he was one of my brother's victim. I couldn't see his face but I knew based on Jongin's punches and kicks earlier, this poor guy was hurting. I let out a sigh, trying to contain myself. If it happened to Jongin, I wouldn't think twice of hurting the culprit. I can only thank Seojoon for keeping his cool. I admire his professionalism.

"I-I see. Well..." Mr. Lee spoke, he sounded a little worried and I definitely know why. Our family is one of the major shareholders of this university. People gave us a name, what is it again? 'Untouchables?' Untouchables because we, the sons and daughters of rich families should never experience detention, suspension or be expelled under any circumstances. Our wealth is the main source of income of this university. While our fame could rise this university up, it can also be the reason of its downfall. "Mr. Park. I'll be straight to the point. We all know that the family of Mr. Kim Jongin and Ms. Kim Jiwon holds 70% of stocks that supports this university. It would break the hearts of their parents---"

"Trust me, it wouldn't." I cut him off, knowing that Jongin would agree with me. In fact, I bet they wouldn't even know. They always fight. Mom always drunk herself to sleep, dad always cheat. Clearly enough, they don't have time to even care about me nor Jongin's studies. "Mr. Lee, give Jongin the necessary sanction for what he did to Park Chanyeol." I said in a firm tone, I could feel everyone's eyes were looking at me at this point.

"B-But Ms. Kim---"

"Ya." Jongin stood up from his chair, he turned to me and flashed a glaring look. Tch. This kid, is he really trying to scare me off. "Why are you doing this, Jiwon?" He hissed and I only replied back with a raised brow. "Are you seriously siding with this dork?" He pointed a finger at Chanyeol, his voice rising up.

"Will you please put your hand down---"

"Don't you dare tell me what to ing do with my life, !" Jongin continued to raise his voice, his words now directed to Seojoon. I frowned, Jongin is getting out of control.

"Jongin." I called his name in a serious tone. He kept silent, I can see him catching his breath. He was angry, he was so mad and as much as I want to say one more word, I preferred to stop and shut.

"Um... Don't worry Mr. Kim. Rest assured that there will be no sanctions for you---"

"I don't freaking care if I get suspended or expelled!" Jongin yelled in anger, grabbing his bag and stopped to look at me. "I can't believe you would choose them over me, Jiwon. You're choosing these people over your brother?" My heart broke. I could feel the pain in my brother's words. "Well you know what? it. I don't care anymore." I opened my lips to speak but I was too late. Jongin had already walked past me, intentionally bumping my shoulder. I looked at him as he slammed the door shut behind him. Oh Jongin... I took a deep breath, taking a seat on the empty chair as I felt my knees getting weak. This was the first time my younger brother yelled at me like that - I mean, he always shouts. But this time, he shouts in anger. With hatred. With pain.

"M-Ms. Kim? Are you alright?" I heard Mr. Lee asked and I looked at him, I tried to smile though my eyes blurred with tears.

"I-I-I'm, I'm a... I'm fine." I looked down, my tears now rolling down my cheeks. I brought my hands to my face, wiping away my tears. I bit on my lip, trying to suppress more tears when Seojoon stood in front of me, offering a handkerchief. I took it, thanking him as I clean myself up. "I'm sorry." I said, my eyes kept looking down. This is probably the first time I've actually cried in public, that I've let people see tears strolling down my face.

"You keep on saying sorry for things you didn't do." Seojoon sighed and I heard Mr. Lee advising us to go to our respective classes. I sniffed, fixing myself before standing up straight. Mr. Lee apologized to me and I did the same in behalf of my brother's behavior. I walked out of the office with Seojoon and Chanyeol behind me. I saw Soojung standing up from her seat, she have been waiting for us, for Chanyeol rather. I gave her a small smile and she replied back with a courtesy nod. She and Chanyeol are going home already. I was left with Seojoon in the hallway, watching as the two walk away. Soojung was assisting Chanyeol and the latter, though he didn't wanna be a burden, he couldn't say no to Soojung's eagerness to help him. When the two took a right turn at the end of the hallway, Seojoon shifted his eyes on me. "I know it was an inconvenience to have your brother summoned here. I hope you understand why I had to do it." He said in a soft voice and I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry, I understand. This situation made me realized that I have to reach out to my brother. Something's not right..." I replied back, letting out a deep sigh. "Let's go? We'll be late for our next subject."

---

March 21, 2018

Hello! Missed me? Loljk. 😉

I've had strong muse lately so here's Chapter 3! What do you think about this update? I'm sorry for wrong grammar/typo errors/over dramatic conversations between our Kim siblings. 😍

I hope Chapter 4 wouldn't be this heavy, lol. Ok, I have to go and sleep already. Tomorrow's another day at work. ❤