2 - He got everything

Big Deal

Minki's POV

 

I woke up with the smell of eggs being cook, I checked the side table where my clock is and seeing the time I need to stand up and prepare myself for school. I took a bath and wore my school uniform, a long white sleeves with a black vest and coat on top and a long black pants with my converse shoes. I went out my room and entered the kitchen then I saw a breakfast being prepared by Jonghyun. I still remembered how his touch around my waist affected me last night and suddenly I got shy but I don’t want any awkwardness between us so “Goodmorning!” I said while smiling. Jonghyun was surprised but he nod and put the bread on the table “Let’s eat, we’re going to be late” As usually his cold answer, I sighed and took my seat “You don’t have to take me to school, I can take the bus” I said because the thought of only me and him at the car really got my cheeks red. “No, Baekho will take you. I’ll take the other car” he said while eating. “Oh I thought, Ah okay thanks” I said slightly disappointed. Why am I feeling disappointed? Its not like we’re a real couple for him to drive me to school but he said last night— no Minki, don’t think too much.

 

 

After breakfast we prepared ourselves and went to the parking lot. In the whole elevator ride all I did was to look at him, he didn’t notice because he’s busy checking some papers and taking calls. He looks different right now even his aura seems different— very charming and handsome. He’s wearing a nice black coat with a white long sleeves and a dark blue neck tie on the inside and a black pants paired with black shoes. The only thing that can considered him as a 19 year old is his hair he didn’t styled it.  Every girl would die seeing him this close and being on my place right now, why did he offered me this deal when he can get any girl/boy with his looks and fame? Is he really arrogant just like what the magazine said? Or he just like playing with other people? I really shouldn’t mind his business, he’s helping me with my studies and I like Minhyun so nothing could be a problem, right? 

 

 

“Baekho, take Minki to school and drive him back when school ends.” Jonghyun said to Baekho and went to take his own car. I was getting into the car when “Minki, don’t slack off” Jonghyun said and went inside his car and drive. I was left shocked “What? Seriously? Wow, maybe I look like I’m carefree but I take my studies seriously. Wow” I get in while still thinking what Jonghyun had said. “You shouldn’t take it seriously” Baekho said half smiling “What?”…”He doesn’t know how to express, its hard for him” Baekho said still smiling “Yeah right, the handsome yet cold Kim Jonghyun” I sighed. 

 

 

SCHOOL

 

“I’ll be here later when I pick you up” Baekho said still holding the door for me. I nod and went inside the campus. as I was walking someone cling on my arm and saw Dongbin acting cute again. “Minki-ya, I’m still sleepy” he pouted, “Thats why you should stop playing games until midnight” I jokingly said. Dongbin has been my bestfriend for 5 years, we’re in the same music department. He have lots of aeygo in his body and that’s why half of the girls in our campus loves him, he’s a total package. He’s cute and handsome at the same time, sometimes people mistook us as a couple but we’re just best friends and we both know that I like Minhyun.
Speaking of, I see Minhyun and his best friend Jaehwan walking out of the gym. “Hwang Minhyun” I whispered, I liked him since the 12th grade, he saved me.

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Everything was blurry. I can’t even see their faces, “Ya! Are you gay?” “Stay away from Dongbin!” “You !” “You shouldn't be here, you don’t belong here!” “Gold-digger” “Just die!” all I hear was their curses. My head hurts and especially my body. I was just walking from the library when someone blindfolded me and tie my arms and the next thing I knew they were kicking me. I can’t see there faces but I know they’re Dongbin’s fangirls again. I tried to fight but I’m weak. “Stop!” “Hey! What are you doing?” I heard a boy’s voice, “Its Minhyun, lets go” then I heard someone running. “Hey, are you okay?” someone said it while taking off the handkerchief around my eyes and untying me, “Hey, are you okay? Can you stand up? Let me take you to the clinic” thats the first time I saw him, my hero, Hwang Minhyun

 

He took me to the clinic and cleaned my cuts, “Ouch”…”Oh sorry, does it hurt?” I looked at him and I saw how worried he was, “No its okay, uhm, thank you” I said, “Its nothing I’m really good at cleaning cuts so—“ I cut him off, “No, I mean, thank you for saving me earlier” I shyly said, “Oh that, you shouldn’t walking alone when its not school hours. Luckily I just got out of the gym when I heard something strange and I saw you. You should be careful, what if next time I don’t have a basketball practice, who would save you?” Minhyun jokingly said to lift the awkwardness between us, we both laughed at his joke and that is the start of our friendship. Sometimes we see each other at hallways saying hi, being partners in our homeroom subject and etc.

 

 

"Present"

 

“Minki” “Minki” “Minki-ya!” I didn’t realize that Dongbin has been calling me “You’re spacing out again because of Minhyun, I’m more handsome than him don’t you think?” I didn’t bother answering Dongbin when Minhyun saw me and gave me a beautiful smile, I smiled and wave back at him feeling flustered. “Stop that! We’re going to be late” Dongbin said pulling me to our classroom. “Hey why did you do that? Thats very rude.” I said while taking my seat beside the window, “We’re going to be late and its an everyday scene I’m feeling sick everytime I see your lovesick face”…”Its Hwang Minhyun, okay? I’m sorry, I’ll treat you yogurt later at lunch” I cutely said to him and I know he can’t ignore me, I saw him giving thumbs up when our teacher walked in. Another school day routine for me.

 

 

 

Its break time and I was updating on my phone when I saw an article about Jonghyun. I clicked it and saw the picture of us last night at the NU’EST restaurant, I was shocked my face is blurred from the picture but Jonghyun face can be seen and the picture shows his gesture of walking outside of the resto with his arm around my waist. “Jonghyun, the handsome young bachelor on a date?” the article’s headline really caught everyone’s attention who’s been commenting, “Omg! Why?” “Kim Jonghyun is mine!” “I feel betrayed” “Who is the boy?” “He looks pretty tho” “Are they really dating?” Wow Jonghyun is really popular, its a good thing that the picture isn’t showing my face. Did Jonghyun already see this article? Is he okay? I was in deep thoughts when the bell rings for the last subject to start. 

 

 

“Another day is finished, I’m tired” I said while walking out of the campus with Dongbin, “Me too, I can’t wait for weekend already”…”You slept for 2 hours in our Math class and you’re still tired, you are unbelievable” I said to him looking for Baekho “I can’t help it, its too boring” “Oh my brother’s here, I got to go see you tomorrow Minki!” Dongbin said while waving goodbye. I smiled and went to find Baekho when I saw Minhyun and the basketball team entering the gym, maybe they have a practice. Someone stopped infront of me and saw Baekho walking out of the door to open the other door for me, “You don’t have to do that you know, I can open it, we should be friends. Hi! I’m Choi Minki, I really like talking, cooking and especially singing I can dance too but not too well”…”You sure do like talking and you’re a totally opposite of Jonghyun” Baekho seems like amazed on how Jonghyun and I are opposite. “Yeah we’re a totally opposite and I don’t know why he chose me." ....“Just trust him, He’s a great guy” Baekho assured. 

"I’m carefree and his well-behaved, I’m financially unstable and his rich, basically I have nothing and he got everything” I said silently while still thinking on how different is Jonghyun from me.

 

“Where are we going?” I asked when I saw we’re taking a different road. “Jonghyun said you two will have a dinner outside”…”Again? I prefer eating dinner at the apartment tho” I said looking at the fancy restaurant outside. “Jonghyun doesn’t know how to cook, well he knows how to fried eggs but yeah, he prefer eating outside” Baekho said while finding a parking slot “Oh” I should cook for him one of these days, eating at this restaurant costs too much. 

 

I went out of the car and walked straight to the restaurant where Baekho said Jonghyun would be. The lady lead the way to table for two at the center of the place, its a beautiful restaurant different from last night, this place looks more elegant. You can see beautiful painting hanging from the wall and the chandelier above us was made of real small diamonds. Everything looks so magical. I was still in awe when a guy approached me wearing something that looks like Jonghyun’s. “Hi I’m Aron, Jonghyun’s secretary. He’ll be a little late so he sent me to accompany you before he arrives” I was surprise, looking at this handsome guy he’s wearing something like Jonghyun’s but it feels different I think Aron and I can be friends too like Baekho, he seems nice and not that awkward. “Hi! I’m Minki” 

 

 

I like talking to Aron, we share many similarities. He likes watching comedy movies, he knows how to cook and he also love to ride roller coasters. We’ve been talking for an hour or two and we’re still talking about his first roller coaster ride where he immediately puked when he get off. It was hilarious. The last time I laughed this hard when Dongbin literally crossdress to escape his fangirls last month. “It was embarrassing, people were looking at me the whole time.” Aron said while laughing “Its a good thing you brought a hoodie to cover your face after that embarrassing scene” I playfully throw a tissue napkin at him. “I would never ride that coaster again” Aron continued when I saw his face looking at my back and becoming serious.

 

 

“Looks like you're having fun”

 

 

 

 

--------------

Author's Note:

Follow my twitter account to be updated with this fic. Thank you!!!
@Minki_choiren

 

 

Thank you for subscribing to this fic. :))))) JRen is love ♡♡♡
@glorypath @pockyjr Bugi♡Mango