Like Family - 가족 처럼 - 家族のような PART 2

THE RED NOTEBOOK

 

“Woah! I couldn’t believe we met and talk with JYJ just now,” Berlith began as they entered their room.

“I told you they were here.” Hana proudly said. “You can’t just ignore my words. Who am I? The great Hana!”

“The little Hana.” Stella muttered to herself, making fun of Hana.

“Bwo!?” Hana questioned with a glare and her left eyebrow raised up.

“Oh. I said the great Hana-unnie”

“Good. Now close the door before you sit here”, Hana instructed.

“I won’t sit on the sofa. I’ll sit on that big couch over there.” Berlith mockly whined as she predicted Stella’s answer. “Shut the door close or I’ll upload your epic photos on facebook.” Berlith was now back to her normal voice, acting and talking like a boss.

The two girls are already used to the way Berlith acts ----- like a total queen. She came from a wealthy family. She refuses to admit she’s spoiled, but really, she is. She’s the eldest child in her family which explains why she’s used to talk and order people around like a boss. She’s into new gadgets especially those that are being advertised by KPOP idols. And among the three, she is the only one with the complete sets of DB5K’s, TV2XQ’s and JYJ’s albums.

And so…

“Oh! That? Let’s see if you have some pics to upload”, Stella argued.

“Why y-you! No more borrowing of gadgets!”

“Uhhh. Fine. I’ll close the door…” Stella announced as she sat down on the big couch. “Later.”, she finished.

“Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" And then again, Hana started to fangirl as she snapped out from her daydream.

“DREAMS COME TRUE!!! We finally met them! Not as five though, but they’re here, ALL FIVE OF THEM! Which means they’re back together, right?” Hana exploded.

“YEAH RIGHT! And who could have thought we’re in the same resort? We’re literally living together! Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaa!” Berlith squeeled as she half-covered with her fists together ----- like a total fangirl.

“LUCKY!!~ And come to think of it. The resort is exclusive for THEM and US! Were we life savers in our past life? Kyaaaaaa~~" Stella joined.

“I still can’t believe it. It’s not just me right? I’m not dreaming?”

“TOTALLY. Hana-unnie! You’re not dreaming! Welcome to the reality where dreams DO come true.”

 The girls continued their lively chitchat, forgetting the door (still open), and their cute little puppy, Aya. And just like Cassiopeia, she’s a narcissistic princess. And yes, Aya is a princess… in her world, atleast. She was not used to being ignored and so, seeing the door opened, she made a run for it hoping to see new friends on the way. It was too late when the girls realized Aya was nowhere in sight. Talk about them talking about meeting their 5 stars, it’s possible to not pay attention to other things and Aya is not an exception.

-----

Stella searched everywhere. She checked the Garden Square, the Cowrie Room, the Verdant Pavillion, the Game Room, the Children’s Playground, and the Spa. She paid attention to everything but no sign of Aya.  She was in Café Luisa when she heard a familiar bark. “Arf! Arf!”. She immediately headed to the direction of the sound which led her to the Café’s garden gazebo. Aya was there playing with what seems to be a Maltese dog with a “teddy bear cut” and a tall, skinny guy which Stella presumed as the other dog’s owner.

Stella who was a few inches away from them, called out, “Aya~”

To Stella’s surprise, her dog ignored her but the guy with them turned around to face the girl who was calling. As soon as Stella saw the guy’s face, Stella immediately recognized him.

With eyes wide open in astonishment, Stella pointed to the guy. “Y-You’re SHIM CHANG-“  She was instantly cut-off as was covered by Changmin’s  lean hand preventing her from uttering a word.

“Ya! Michyeoseo!?” Changmin was now furrowing his eyebrows as he let go of Stella. “I’m hiding here trying not to get found and you just come here and yell out my name?! You’re not one of the staff members. Are you?” He asked while intently staring at Stella from head to toe with one of his eyebrows raised.

Stella was about to answer but was interrupted as Changmin continued, “Oh, I know. You’re a waitress here. You must be a fan too since you know my name.” Stunned, Stella wasn’t able to utter a word. “Would you get me a cappuccino? I’ll give you an autograph after you come back.” Changmin confidently said, now with an innocent smile on his face.

Stella was just standing there, staring blankly at Changmin. A mixture of annoyance, anger, and distress filled her.

“Gwenchanayo?” Changmin unknowingly asked Stella, waving his hands in front of her dazed face. “Gwenchana-“. Now it was Changmin’s turn to be cut-off as Stella took his hand and twisted it.

“YA! SHIM CHANGMIN! HOW DARE YOU MISTAKE ME FOR A WAITRESS! ME? A WAITRESS!? THAT WOULDN’T HAPPEN IN A MILLION YEARS!” Stella burst out as she let go of Changmin’s hand.

“Then,” Changmin wincingly began while holding his twisted hand… and with a distorted face, “Who are you?”

“WHAT DO YOU THINK? I’M A GUEST!”

“Ah! You’re one of those three non-Korean guests. I heard you people weren’t interested in Korean celebrities but it turned out the opposite.”

“Okay, first, you mistake me for a waitress and now you call me a liar!? How dare you!?” Stella contended.

“Well, you’re stalking me right now, aren’t you? That isn’t something a person who ISN’T interested in Korean celebrities usually do and then there’s that fact that you actually know my name.” Changmin wittily replied.

“For your information, I wasn’t stalking you. I came her for my dog which you apparently dognapped.”

“DOGNAPPED!?” Now, Changmin was annoyed. “I didn’t dognap your dog at all. You were the one who irresponsibly left it in the hallway.”

“Oh really? Then would you explain to me why you’re hiding here with MY dog?”

“I don’t need to explain anything to you at all.” Changmin smugly answered.

Meanwhile, Yunho was on her way to Café Luisa for a snack when a familiar guy’s voice attracted and led him to the garden gazebo. He decided to interrupt the argument of the two and butted in to answer Stella’s last question. “Well, apparently, he didn’t only dognap your dog. He ALSO skipped from filming.”

When Stella saw the owner of the voice, he immediately gave him a 90-degree bow and politely introduced herself. “Annyeonghaseyo. Stella imnida.”

“Tch. Just ten seconds ago, she was being completely rude to me. And now that Yunho hyung is here, she starts being polite. What a faker.”, Changmin sneered at Stella which the latter just responded with a merong.

“You see hyung, don’t get fooled!”

“She was probably being mean to you because you were being meaner to her.” Yunho defended Stella.

“Woah. Why don’t you try being nicer like Yunho-oppa.” Stella said sticking his tongue out to Changmin. ”But wait… I can call you Yunho-oppa, right?” Stella asked facing Yunho.

“Of course you can and you can also call Changmin, Changmin-oppa.” Yunho let out a chuckle.

“From the looks of it, I’m guessing you’re a Cassiopeia.”

“Yes. I am.”

“I apologize for what happened a while ago. I’ll be taking Changmin to the set so you can-“

“Wait. Hyung. I’m not going back to the set.”

“What are you talking about!? You can’t make the staff wait any longer and I can’t just go back there and lie about not finding you here.”

“Well, you don’t have to.”

“What do you mean?”

“You don’t have to go back there hyung. If you’re worried about having to lie to them then you can just not come back.”

“I can’t do that. What will the staff say? Manager hyung would be furious.”

“If you go back there, I’LL STOP LIVING WITH YOU!”

Yunho was left speechless. Changmin attacked his weakness. He had no other choice but to follow the maknae’s orders. And to piss Changmin off, he made Stella stay as well.

-----

“So, it’s a Japanese spitz. Why did you call her Aya?”, Yunho asked.

“I wasn’t really the one that named it. It was Hana-unnie who named her Aya.”

“We should thank that unnie of yours. Who knows what kind of weird name you’ll name Aya if you had the chance to name it.” Changmin contested.

“Well atleast, I probably wouldn’t have named my dog after some Japanese cuisine” Stella battered.

 “I should have named her Stella.” Changmin stated while looking at his dog.

“Ha?” Stella looked at Changmin.

“It would be a fitting name for a dog since Stella looks a lot like a dog.” Changmin straightforwardly said with a smirk.

“Ah! Jinjja! You’re unbelievable. Can’t you do anything but insult me!?”

“Ha. You didn’t even deny it. I guess you do agree that you look like a dog. Don’t you think so too, hyung?”

Yunho hesitated for a moment but finally agreed, “I hate to agree but she does look like a little puppy.”

Stella wanted to disagree but how could she when it’s true? A combination of her big eyes and small face did make her appear like a puppy. But she never hated this fact until Changmin insulted her. Having a puppy-like face did have its advantage. Combined with her puppy dog eyes and pout, she could easily get anything she wants and a lot of people would usually coo at how cute she is when they first meet her. But unlike her face which is similar to a puppy, her attitude is completely the opposite. While a dog is always active and enjoys company, Stella hates being in large crowds and is a girl with a few words unless needed.

Stella, knowing that she can’t win against the two just pouted angrily which of course made her look more like a mad puppy. Changmin didn’t miss this chance to laugh at her and .

“Oh~ is our little puppy angry?” Changmin teased with his aegyo voice as if speaking to a dog.

Surprisingly, Stella didn’t back down and replied with her aegyo, “Aniya. How about our food monster? Are you annoyed right now. Oh wait. I know. You must be hungry~”

Yunho watched in horror as his two companions exchanged aegyo. “Ya! You two should stop. You’re making me cringe.”

“Ya! You two should stop. You’re making me cringe.” Stella and Changmin said in chorus with their aegyo, mocking Yunho.

“I said stop it.” Yunho repeated as he looked at them in disgust.

“I said stop it.” The two continued to mock the leader with their aegyo.

Finally Yunho gave up and with a cute face and aegyo voice, “How dare you make fun of me. Naega Jung Yunho~.”

With Yunho’s aegyo, the three fell into awkward silence. They looked at each other then burst into a chorus of laughter.

“If only Junsu-oppa was here, we could have instead.” Stella said, wiping tears from her eyes from too much laughter.

Suddenly the laughter stopped. Yunho and Changmin looked down in silence.

“Wae? Did I say something wrong?”

“Oh. So you met Junsu?” Yunho

“Ye. I also met Yoochun-oppa and Jaejoong-oppa. “

 “Good for you. Ever since we came here, we hadn’t met them at all.”

The atmosphere was now serious.

“What do you mean?”

“The truth is, Dong Bang Shin Ki didn’t come here as 5. We came here as TV2XQ and JYJ.”

“Ah.” was all Stella could say.

Again, they fell into awkward silence which Changmin broke when he saw a crowd of Koreans coming over the café at a distance. “Hyung. This is bad. It looks like the staff is coming over here.”

“What?” Yunho nervously questioned, looking at the same direction as Changmin.

“Damn. This is really bad.”, the two said in unison as they hide behind Stella’s chair. 

“What are you doing!?” Stella asked, alarmed by the fact that Yunho and Changmin were hiding behind her chair.

“Can’t you see that we’re hiding!? Tch.” Changmin said through gritted teeth.

“Yeah. Of course. Two grown man hiding behind a little girl’s chair. You guys look totally invisible – can’t be seen at all.” Stella retorted sarcastically.

“Well, what do you think we should do know? In about two minutes, the staff would be arriving here.” Changmin answered back.

Then, an idea came into Stella’s mind, “Why don’t you hide in my room?”

“WHAT!?” the two boys questioned in chorus but before they even had a chance to argue, Stella already rose from her seat and hurriedly led the way towards the room. The two were left with no option but to follow her.  Carrying MangDoong and Aya, they exited to the other side of the café to avoid being seen by any staff members.

Meanwhile at room 505, Berlith and Hana were still waiting for Stella to come back. To be honest, they were already getting a little worried but they know Stella, Stella couldn’t have gone to any trouble. They were taken aback when a sudden knock came from the front door. They both answered the door and they were stunned with who they saw. Accompanying Stella and Aya were two OVERLY handsome guys and a cute little Maltese. The moment Berlith and Hana laid eyes on the two guys at the door,  they were already sure who they were. It was HOMIN! They were ecstatic inside but they tried to keep it cool.

“Oh Stella. You’re here. What took you so long?” Berlith greeted with an unnatural voice.

Stella raised an eyebrow at her. “uh…I bump into them and we were hanging out at café luisa so…yeah”

Berlith and Hana wasn’t even listening to Stella. They tried to keep it cool but they couldn’t help staring at HoMin’s faces. They stood there like statues on the doorway, staring at HoMin’s faces for like a minute until Changmin snapped them out from their daze when he asked, “Aren’t you gonna let us in yet?”

“Of course…Yes…come in” Hana said with a nervous tone.

HoMin, Stella, MangDoong and Aya went in. HoMin made themselves comfortable on the big couch. Then, Changmin realized something. “OH!” Changmin exclaimed pointing at Hana, “You’re the girl who almost stole my table the other day!” 

“BWO?!” Hana looked up instantly with her eyes widened “Y-YAHH! Michyeosseo?! JUGELE? How dare you—“ Hana yelled. “First of all, I didn’t steal THE table the other day, MY? Do you think you make sense? That was supposedly MY TABLE. I saw it first but you reached there first! Two different things. Uhhh!” Hana was now staring furiously at Changmin, wanting to kill him ASAP.

“Look, I’m not trying to start a fight with you. I was just stating.” Changmin let out his not-so-friendly smile

“But you stated wrong.” Berlith joined the conversation, thinking it would be fun arguing with DBSK’s quick mouth.

“Yeah. And I’m not just gonna let it go just because you’re Shim Changmin.”

And like little kids, they continued arguing. Picture-perfect, they were like family ----- kids arguing in a corner with an appa furrowing his eyebrows as he looks at them.