Eight

It's Our Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

The youngest member of I.O.I, Jeon Somi, sensed something has changed.


 

More like someone has changed within these long and boring two weeks.


 

And that someone was none other than Kim Sejeong.


 

Observing Sejeong for the last two weeks, she couldn’t help but to think that the older girl was trying to distance herself from her. It was incredibly obvious! And it didn’t make sense as to why she even wanted to do act like this in the first place.  


 

Throughout these two weeks, Sejeong even reduced to talk less with her. Even if she did actually talk, it wasn’t the same amount as she used to. What made it much worse was the fact that the older girl had even avoided looking at her face whenever they talked. Sejeong would avoid her as much as possible that it was getting too irritating for her own liking.


 

Somi’s long observation can be proved correct when last night she tried to talk to the other girl, asking if she saw her colouring book. Instead of answering normally, Sejeong watched her through the corner of her eyes as she replied, “No, I haven’t seen it.” Then, she quickly ran out of the room, leaving the younger girl annoyed by her action.


 

She could’ve helped me finding it but no! She just had to be a wuss and ran away! Seriously, what is wrong with her? Somi thought to herself as she angrily flipped through one of the school textbooks she was studying as she remembered last night.


 

Somi had become restless due to Sejeong’s sudden changes of behavioral attitude towards her.

 

 

If everyone received the same treatment from her, then maybe Somi could understand and think of it as one of those days where she just needed to be alone or something like that. This was different however, since she was the only one getting pushed away without any valid reason. It made Somi felt all the negative feelings flowing deep inside her.


 

She could hardly sleep for the past couple of weeks as she kept on blaming herself for ruining the nice growth of friendship that Sejeong and her had on-going. She wanted to believe she did nothing wrong but from the way it was, she had no one to blame but herself.


 

The youngest member wished she knew what her mistake was. Only then she could fix this barrier that appeared out of nowhere between them two.


 

Hence why she tried approaching the older girl whenever she could. That damn older girl however, resisted and avoided her as much as possible. It was as if Somi was some kind of diseases and she needed to get away from her.

 

 

Let’s just say...it really hurt the younger girl’s both pride and heart.


 

Knowing she wouldn’t get the talk she wanted, Somi let her be. Still, she didn’t let Sejeong out of her sight that much. If there was an open possibility for them to talk, she won’t hesitate to grab the older girl outside and make her ing talk.


 

Besides, she just started schooling again since this whole ordeal was happening. That was why she couldn’t use much of her brain to come out with ideas of what may have led to this situation happened. As it really drained her energy from having to think too much, Somi wasn’t able to concentrate on studying either.

 

 

(And she may or may not be having an examination week next week. Don't condemn her, she had too much on her plate to properly remember school-related stuff.)


 

“I hate this!” Groaning in frustration, Somi pushed away her school textbooks and thrashing her body on the bed and started to make all kind of weird noises.


 

Sohye, who was busy playing the new game she just downloaded hours ago, cursed silently in startled manner at Somi’s sudden outburst. It had caused her losing the game. She was about to scold the younger girl when she looked up to see the sad expression adorning her face. Unsure of what she should do, Sohye pretended not seeing anything then looked down on her phone screen and continued playing.



 

 

 



 

Kim Chungha was sitting on her bed.


 

Not because she wanted to sit; no, she preferred to lay comfortably on her bed. But she was forced to sit as someone invaded her space!


 

Turning her glare mode on, Chungha directed her gaze to her left. There sat Kim Sejeong with her book (although Chungha was sure the book was only for show since she didn’t even flip to the next page

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter