Date?

New Beginnings

“ You said we were going to a park” She looks around at the trail ahead of them lined with trees. 

“It is.. a national park but a park” he laughs 

Camila smirks and shakes her head as she starts walking up the main trail when she feels his hand  on her arm. 

“This way” he points to a smaller trail “There is a nice spot where we can eat”

He takes her hand and leads her towards the smaller trail. She follows along unaware of the smile on his face. Minwoo looks back and catches her looking at their hands. 

He smiles and gently squeezes her hand, loving the feeling of her smaller hand in his. Her heart skips a beat as she feels his hand and for a second she wants to pull her hand away but the familiar, calming feeling makes her change her mind. 

They walk hand in hand in silence neither of them wanting to break the moment. The path is lined with trees on either side, letting a few rays of sun through. Their shoes making a soft crunching sound, as they walk farther away from the main trail he takes of the mask. The air softly blows and all they can hear are a few birds. Minwoo looks over at her and sees a few strands of hair falling over her face as she looks down at the ground. He stops and turns to look at her, Camila looks up and their eyes meet. He lets go of her hand and slowly reaches to tuck her hair behind her ear.

 “ We are almost there” he says softly and takes her hand again leading her to the small clearing. Dumbfounded Camila follows along as she tries to understand what she just felt. They just meet yet he makes her feel something very special. 

They arrive at a small clearing and he guides her towards the railing overlooking the mountains. Camila looks around trying to take in all the beauty that surrounds them. 

“It’s… It’s… wow I have never seen anything like this” Her eyes are full of wonder. Minwoo cant take his eyes off her, he is happy she likes the place he picked. 

Her stomach grumbles and Minwoo laughs. He takes out a small blanket and sets it on the ground. From the bag he takes out two bento boxes, some fruit and water. He taps the spot next him “Come on, lets eat”. Camila turns and looks at him with a wide smile on her face. She goes and sits next to him “everything looks delicious” 

He hands her one of the boxes “ Its nothing fancy but I hope you like it”. She takes out half of the sandwich and takes a bite, as she chews she nods in approval.  He takes a bite of his sandwich and tilts his head “ you must be hungry, I think I put too much mayo”. She laughs “Maybe just a bit” takes another bite “ but its still good”.

She finishes her sandwich and reaches for the water “ Here let me” Minwoo grabs the bottle and opens it for her, she takes it with a smile. They sit in a comfortable silence enjoying the scenery. Minwoo glancing at her from time to time, Camila’s heart racing when she catches him. 

“ You are making me nervous Mr. Lee” Camila says as she fidgets with edge of her shirt. Minwoo smiles and turns his body to face her “Can I ask you something?” Camila looks at him and nods “sure”

“Did you… did you” he clears his throat “did you leave anyone back home?” 

She looks at him confused “anyone?” 

“Yeah… you know… a boyfriend” he asks nervously 

She shakes her head and softly laughs “no… no boyfriend” 

Minwoo smiles “good… I mean I would hate to make someone jealous because we are on a date” 

Camila turns to look at him surprised “what?… I…” 

He laughs “ I am kidding” he turns to look at her and leans in “ when we go on a date I will make sure you know we are on a date”