02.

All the way with you

-“That girl was really courageous to ask you out yesterday.” – I said supporting my elbows on the railing of the school rooftop.

-“Uhn…yeah I guess.” – Suho said in a soft tone. – “Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I saved her at the cafeteria yesterday. Those troublemakers from class 2B were bullying her, they even throw her bento on the floor.” – He said running his hand through his hair. I just stood there listening. – “I just couldn’t help myself to help her…”

Suho was really a gentle guy for helping that girl out, but it was such a difficult task for me to accept this. Just because he saved her, she felt the right to confess to him? I didn’t like any of this.

-“And why did you accept her feelings?” – I said turning my face to him. – “You don’t have the obligation to date every single girl that asks you out.” – I was almost losing the control of my voice.

-“Aish, you are so noisy, Bora! Why are you even worried about this girl?” – Suho asked approaching me. Then he cupped my face in his hands and looked deep in my eyes, as if trying to read something on them. I concentrated all my thoughts on my breathing, trying to keep it regular.  – “Are you jealous, Miss Trouble?” – His voice was almost a whisper. I just couldn’t control my breathing anymore and felt my face heat up.   

-“W-w-wha-what?” – I was unable to keep my voice steady. Suho laughed releasing my face. – “I was just kidding, you fool. I know you wouldn’t feel like this.” – Yes, I am indeed a fool. I sat on the floor of the rooftop trying to catch my breath. Suho has no clue of my feelings. Can’t you see that you are hurting me saying those things?

He laid down on the floor beside me with his hands below his head. -"What is the problem if I accepted to go out with Kim Hayun?” – Suho talked looking to the sky. -“She seems to be perfectly fine.  Just because she doesn’t follow a certain standard of beauty it does not mean she is a bad person.” – I lowered my head.

Even that I didn’t like to see Suho dating other girls, I had to admit that they were better than me in some aspects. Some of them were prettier, some of the were more sociable, some of them were more intelligent. I’ve been a great loser so far, but I could not accept this kind of girl as my rival. Kim Hayun was not pretty, she has one of the lowest scores in all school and she didn’t have any friends. She was always alone with her glasses fixed in a book in her hands. How could I accept this?

“Suho, I just think she’s not like you…” – I said trying to be cautious with my words.

“Bora, I am so tired of those silly girls, with nothing on their brain, who approach me just because of my looks. Really, I want someone who I can talk to, someone who is kind.” – His words hurt me. How about me Suho? – “I just want someone to love for what I am, and not for how I look. And I think that with Hayun will be different.” – Oh my god, please just shot me and this will be less painful.

He does not see me at all. I could be all of this you want if you just open your eyes. Suddenly I felt so tired. I just sighed.

-“Okay, Suho. Just do as you please.” – I gave up of this moment. It won’t change anything if I keep on arguing with him. He had already made his mind. I just really hope they won’t last long. – “Will we go home together at least?” – I asked turning my body to go to the classroom. Suho and I live near each other, so we always go home together after school. It was one of the best moments in which it could be just the two of us.

- “Yeah, of course” – He replied showing no emotions. I just lowered my head and run towards my classroom. I felt so tired of all this. I was tired of loving Suho, I was tired of hoping that one day he will notice me, I was tired of hoping that he will break up soon with his next girlfriend, I was just so tired of hoping. I hadn’t more control of my body and my emotions, because tears started to fall down to my cheeks. I just feel so hopelessly right now. Suddenly I bumped into something and fell down on the floor. When I raised my head to see what prevented myself from running more, I saw a gorgeous guy, with a messed up dark hair and fair skin. I would feel more embarrassed if I wasn’t so hypnotized by his fox like eyes.

- “Hey, are you ok?” – He said with a gentle voice, which contributed for my hypnosis. He was bending with his handhold out to me to help me get up. I forgot how to talk for a second. The fox eyed guy just looked at me waiting for a response, which didn’t came. He giggled. – “Do you speak the same language as me?” – He said with a smile and I just stood there looking at him. -“Just don’t go running through the corridors like that ok? Adiós!” – He finally said giving me a nod and then walked away. I touched my chest and felt my heart still racing. Maybe it was because of the adrenaline of running, or maybe because of the embarrassment of bumping into someone in the middle of the corridor. Someone really attractive… I shook my head to let out those thoughts.

 

 

The rest of the day really took a long time to pass. I almost didn’t pay attention to the classes, all I did was just stare at the black haired head some chairs ahead of me, asking him mentally why is he taking so long to notice me.

As the last signal rang, indicating that the classes were over for the day I packed my stuff into my backpack and went to Suho, who was waiting for me by the classroom door.  – “Miss Trouble, could you lend me your math annotations? I am so lost in this subject.” – Suho said as we were heading to our lockers at the school hall. –“Were you sleeping in the classes again, airhead?” – I replied mocking him. – “Of course I was not! It’s just that trigonometry is so difficult!” – I laughed. I was about to answer him as we were near his locker and saw that it was destroyed, and with garbage falling out of it. I froze.

-“Yah, Suho!” – A voice yelled from across the hall. It were the troublemakers Suho told me about earlier. They had smirks on their faces and were making their way to where we were. – “You like garbage, don’t you? I just heard you are dating Kim-freaky-Hayun” – One of them said and the others laughed. – “So we though you would like the present we left on your locker.” – Another one of them said. I was a mix of scared and nervous. Even though my hands were both curled into fists, my body was shacking, terrified by the three scaring guys coming on our direction.  Before I could take any action, we saw a small figure appear in the hall and punch one of the guys, making him fall on the ground.

-“Don’t you dare hurt Suho-oppa!” – The timid voice threatened. – “If you have any problems with me, talk to me directly, don’t do this to oppa!” – Hayun stood between the troublemakers and Suho and I. She seemed very brave despite her short height. The other two guys just helped that third one on the floor get up and left, cursing Hayun.

Suho went to Hayun and petted her head. – “You should not have done that. It could be dangerous.” – He said. She turned that brave face into a softened one and smiled to him. – “I know, but when I saw those guys taunting you I just couldn’t control myself.” – Suho hugged her and my heart twisted. – “Thank you.” – He replied with the most heartwarming smile I had ever seen on his face.

I was just frozen at the same place I was 10 minutes ago. My body was all filled up with jealousy. I wanted to run away from here, but my body was so tensed I couldn’t move. What am I waiting for? Suho called my name waking me up from my thoughts. – “Bora, could you walk home alone? I will go home together with Hayun today.” – He said with one arm around her shoulders. –“Ah? Am…yeah, of course.” – I haven’t even finished my sentence when both of them turned their backs and walked towards the front door of the school.

Suddenly, tears started to fall down to my cheeks. My heart was aching so much. Even though Hayun was not pretty, nor intelligent she had something that can top all of it: a gentle heart. She just proved that the shy and timid girl could be the fiercest woman if Suho needed. She proved she cared a lot about him, and that she could protect him. I was so scared. I was scared that he would only look at her from now on. I was scared that she would steal him definitely from me.