you outshine them all

Pillow Talk

 

 

Eunha looked at Sowon’s back while the older girl was standing on the balcony. Eunha supposed that Sowon was looking at the moon. Because it has been a lonely sky, for not many stars were accompanying the moon. 

 

 

As Eunha watched Sowon’s back, she would often wondered what kind of expression on Sowon’s face. She would also wonder what’s going on inside Sowon’s mind. Because right now, the back of Sowon’s looked lonely. 

 

 

Eunha took a deep breath. Pondering about what she could do to cheer Sowon up. 

 

 

--

 

 

“Unnie,” Eunha called out to Sowon. She stood beside Sowon. 

 

 

Sowon turned to her with a smile. “Eunha.”

 

 

“Unnie, what’s on your mind?” Eunha played with Sowon’s fingers.

 

 

“Nothing much.” Sowon looked back at the sky. “The sky looked lonely. But, beautiful still.”

 

 

Eunha frown. She placed both of her hands on either side of Sowon’s face then turned her to her. “Unnie, unnie have I told you recently that you are utterly gorgeous?”

 

 

“No,” Sowon hummed, eyes soft and lips curled with amusement. “Remind me.”

 

 

“Unnie is the most gorgeous person I have ever known.” Eunha pointed at the sky. “Unnie, maybe the stars aren’t appearing because they’re afraid of me.”

 

 

“Oh?” Sowon’s eyes gleamed. “And do tell me why they’re afraid of you.”

 

 

“They’re afraid of being plucked down by me, that’s why they’re hiding.” 

 

 

“What do you need the stars for?” Sowon leaned close to Eunha in interest.

 

 

Eunha gestured at Sowon. “For you. I want to sew them on your dress.” Eunha looked at Sowon. “But, I am afraid the stars would feel outshined by you.”

 

 

Looking at the way Sowon smiled at her dazzlingly and at the gleam inside Sowon’s eyes, Eunha made a conclusion. “I knew it, I am right.” Eunha nodded to herself. “The stars are indeed outshined by you, unnie. They have been outshined since a long time ago.”

 

 

“Silly.” even when she said that, Sowon was smiling.

 

 

“You are gorgeous, unnie,” Eunha said wholeheartedly, eyes were filled with fondness.

 

 

“I might kiss you, you silly dork.”

 

 

“I would like that to be a reality instead of a maybe.” Eunha tiptoed to kiss Sowon. Even if she complained about her height a lot, Eunha was actually relishing in the feeling of safety when Sowon’s arms wrapped around her and drew her closer. 

 

 

The kiss was lingering. And it finished with Sowon lighty bit Eunha’s lips. Then Sowon leaned back slowly and grinned. Eunha blinked, momentarily stunned, eyes glazed and lips still parted slowly. 

 

 

“Mosquitoes are going to enter, if you don’t close your lips.” Sowon smiled teasingly.

 

Eunha snapped her lips shut. “Unnie…”

 

 

Sowon laughed. “Eunha, I love you. Really do. But, I don’t want to kiss you when you have mosquitoes there.”

 

 

“Unnie!” Eunha felt wronged.

 

 

Sowon pulled Eunha into a hug, laughing happily, while Eunha was swatting and hitting Sowon’s arms, protesting indignantly at Sowon. 

 

 

But they both knew Eunha would stay inside Sowon’s embrace, despite the flailing, despite the swatting, despite the protests, they both knew. The fact that Sowon would tightened the embrace with Eunha stayed in it.

 

 

--

 

 

The twinkling tune from the music box hummed to live. Sowon stared at the dancing figure on top of the music box. The tune brought out the familiar and melancholic feelings. Sowon exhaled. She walked out of the room toward the balcony. 

 

 

The stars were hiding themselves well tonight, for there's little to no stars adorned the midnight sky. The faraway tune from her music box carried softly to her ears. 

 

 

Sowon felt all kind of melancholic and reflective. Therefore, some kind of things run through her mind. She supposed, once we’re young, once we’re just a bundle of innocence, but we couldn’t stay young forever. Soon, we’re going older. The older we grow, the broken we became. Cracks would slowly filled the once innocent heart. Sometimes, some parts would shattered. Still, the glue we used to put the shattered pieces back together, and the band aid we used to cover the cracks, they have made us wiser. We breath, so we lived, therefore we fell. Still, we live, therefore we breath.


 

 

I have been afraid of changing,

 

 

Cause i have built my life around you.


 

 

Sowon’s thought was interrupted when she heard her voice.

 

 

“Unnie,” Eunha called out to Sowon. She stood beside Sowon. 

 

 

Sowon turned to her with a smile. “Eunha.” She looked at Eunha and felt that the storm inside her calmed down.

 

 

“Unnie, what’s on your mind?” Eunha played with Sowon’s fingers. 

 

 

Sowon hooked their fingers together. “Nothing much.” Sowon looked back at the sky. “The sky looked lonely. But, beautiful still.”

 

 

--

 

 

Sowon hummed against the kiss. Her hands were loosely wrapped around Eunha’s hip. The kiss was lazy and soft. It was occasionally being interrupted by smiles and giggles. They would attempt to draw the other closer and just nuzzling even closer.

 

 

It’s a quiet night and she felt content as they basked in each other's company. Feeling lucky and blessed to be able to hold a place in Eunha’s heart. And when she peered at Eunha, she believed that Eunha felt the same.



--
 

 

I have been afraid of changing,

 

 

Cause i have built my life around you

 

 

But time makes you bolder

 

 

Even children get older

 

 

And, I am getting older too

 

--

 

 

a/n :

i was listening to "landslide" by fletwood mac while writing this,

if you have the time, please do listen to that song when you read this chapter

 

thank you for reading and commenting (◕ ˬ ◕✿)