Chapter 9

My Paparazzi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I turned around only to find an unfamiliar looking lad grinning. I noticed how the corners of his eyes crinkled when he raised his lips to form an endearing smile. He was somewhat tall, though not as tall as Min Gyu.

"You seem disappointed." He said, tilting his head a little, "Were you hoping it was someone else?"

"No." I denied quickly as I shot him an awkward smile, "Believe me, I'm not."

I wasn't disappointed. In fact, I was relieved. It would be strange if it turned out to be Min Gyu; don't even ask me why I thought it was him. Besides, I was still really nervous about having to face him again. It was not like I have feelings for him or anything. It was just really embarrassing for me now that he knew for sure that I work as a paparazzi. I can be shameless but I'm still a woman after all. I need to maintain whatever's left of my dignity.

"You must be wondering why a fine young man like me would be hitting on you, right?" A frisky grin surfaced on his face.

"No, not really." I retorted, scoffing at his narcissism.

If men really think that the whole bad boy act can win a woman's heart, they are beyond wrong. Beyond is an understatement because narcissistic and egoistic men are the worst of the worst. I shivered as the bathroom incident replayed in my head. I tried blocking out that memory as much as I humanly possibly could.

I tapped my heels and was about to turn away when the man grabbed me by my arm, stopping me right in my tracks.

"I'm Seok Min, by the way. But you can call me DK." He winked.

Before I could respond, my mother dragged me to a seat beside her.

"It's starting." My mother whispered.

I lifted my head to see more people swarming in. My parents signalled me to stand as I bow 90 degrees to every one of them. One of which was none other than Kim Min Gyu himself. He was wearing a navy blue button-up dress shirt tucked neatly into a well-fitted khaki pants, accompanying by a sleek black tie that descended perfectly right before his belt. He was definitely attractive alright, I would admit that.

We exchanged a few glances before we were told to settle down. He stared at me across the table with indifferent eyes. I quickly shifted my eyes and avoided looking at him entirely. He's bipolar anyways, I wasn't going to question his emotional state.

Where was Sa Reon though? Wasn't she supposed to make an appearance too? Was she not going to turn up? I expected her to since she is his fiance after all.

Speaking of the devil, she strolled into the dining room dressed in a close-fitting tight dress that complemented her voluptuous body. She stood behind her seat and threw me a look of haughty disdain before eyeing Min Gyu to pull out the chair for her. As if not acknowledging her presence, he sat there staring into a distance.

"Ahem." Min Gyu's father cleared his throat as he glowered at Min Gyu, low-key demanding him to pull out the chair for Sa Reon.

He rolled his eyes as his face contorted in annoyance. Without standing or even looking at Sa Reon, he pushed the chair behind using only his right hand. It almost hit her which caused her to squeal in shock.

"Min Gyu." Sa Reon's father called out in a serious tone.

"I'm alright, father. He must be just having a bad day. Don't be too hard on him." Sa Reon smiled innocently as she carefully takes the seat that Min Gyu so thoughtfully pulled out for her.

Aren't they just the perfect match made in heaven? I wondered.

There were only four families in total. Min Gyu's, DK's, Sa Reon's and mine. It was lesser than I initially expected. I didn't know my parents have such close relationship with Min Gyu's father to be this exclusive. Given that they have never mentioned to me about them before. Or maybe they did, but I just didn't care.

"So what are we having for dinner?" DK exclaimed excitedly causing Sa Reon to scowl at his lack of sensitivity.

As if on cue, a seeming young chef with a straight rebonded short haircut walked into the dining room. And boy was he beautiful. I didn't realise I was staring until Min Gyu cleared his throat.

"Greetings to all Sirs and Ma'ams." He spoke gently with a smile never leaving his face, "My name is Jeong Han and I'm your chef for today. We'll be having a 4-course meal tonight."

"Yay to that." Min Gyu commented sarcastically.

Paying no attention to Min Gyu, Jeong Han continued, "For starters, you'll be having Leek Confit and Goat Cheese Crostini with Hogue Fumé Blanc 2007. For soup, you'll be having Cauliflower Soup with Seared Scallops and Caviar. For the main course, you'll be having Boneless Lamb with Mushroom Crust and Leek Purée paired with a Beronia Rioja Reserva 2005. For desert, we have hand-made Salted Caramel & Hazelnut Gelato prepared for you. With that, I hope you would enjoy the luxurious dinner my team and I arranged for you. Thank you."

He bowed respectfully before retreating back to the kitchen.

"You're so generous, father, always giving young people opportunities." Sa Reon said to Min Gyu's father with a gentle smile on her face.

I guess if you're rich and beautiful, flattery gets you through anything.

"That is a must, my dear." Min Gyu's father replied pleasantly, earning a scoff from Min Gyu.

After a few minutes, the first course was finally served. I stared at the beautifully polished cutleries, not knowing which to use for the first course. If I were to use the wrong one, it would be humiliating for both me and my parents. I could only imagine how enraged my father would be.

I lifted my head timidly to find Min Gyu waving the right ones at me. I picked them up hurriedly, in hopes that no one noticed. I grinned sheepishly, thanking him telepathically. It was rare that Min Gyu was nice to me, I felt the need to appreciate that before he switched back to being Bastard Kim.

"So, Soo Ah, right?" Min Gyu's father asked, taking a sip of the Hogue Fumé Blanc 2007.

My mother nudged me and gestured me to reply him. I twisted my neck slowly to see him holding a kind smile.

I didn't catch him before as I was too busy munching on my food. Can't blame a woman when she's hungry, right? Plus, I wasn't the best when it comes to multitasking.

"Yes, Sir." I responded, slightly abashed as I quickly swallowed the remains in my mouth.

"Are you perhaps, engaged?"

That was one question I least expected to hear. I mean, we've only exchanged a few words and he was already asking me about marriage. I guess he wasn't the type to beat around the bush.

My father interrupted me before I could even answer, "Well, we were hoping she would hit it off with Seok Min over here."

"That's wonderful. You kids can go out to have fun on double dates." Min Gyu's father mentioned with all the parents nodding in agreement.

What in the world. So, DK is the studious young man that my parents wanted to introduce me to? I should've known. Who else could it be? There were only two guys. And I was sure as hell it wasn't Min Gyu. I tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter